A tale of a treacherous mermaid

Mermaids - Tales from the deepest

 

 

“DAMN IT! I MISSED IT”

The young, handsome fisherman shouted.

“Just give me the harpoon, I’ll show you how to do it like a man!” – another one laughed.

The sun was almost setting, giving an orange-ish shade to the water, the sand and the sky.

The two started arguing, standing in their boat, not very far from the shore.
“I am better than you!”
“Give the harpoon!”
“Don’t you dare!”
“Shut up!”
“No, you shut up!”
Both turning pale upon listening to a melodic, female voice.

“Boys, please don’t fight…”

They looked at each for a second, before looking at her.
Her beautiful skin, that seemed to be so delicate; her beautiful ginger hair, long enough to cover her s; her beautiful lips, with a light shade of crimson…
They had not yet seen her tail. The magic of her voice had made them blind to anything else than her lips.
Sunhwa knew her charms well. A mermaid knows it well.

“Isn’t it a bit late for a bath in the sea, beautiful lady?” – the blond man spoke, eyeing the woman in the water.

“It is never too late for a bath in the sea…” – she replied.

“Isn’t the water too cold, beautiful lady?” – the brunette one spoke, eyeing the woman in the water.

“It is never too cold…” – she replied.

The two stared at her for a second more, and had almost fallen from the boat when she talked again.
“Why don’t you bath with me, handsome fisherman?”

“Well… why not, right?” – the brunette one replied, getting ready to jump in the water. He stopped abruptly upon feeling a heavy hand on his shoulder.

“Who said she’s talking to you?” – the blond one questioned.

“She said “handsome fisherman”! Of course it can only be me!”
“Say that again, you fishhead!”
“You know I am the only handsome man in the boat!
“You know I am the only real man in the boat!”

“Boys…please, don’t fight.” – Sunhwa spoke faking concern. She actually enjoyed that, and one may even say “what woman would not?” – “Why don’t the two of you bath with me?”

Both men stopped the argument instantly.
It seemed reasonable.

They entered the water, and the reason could have been that the sun had already set, but they had not yet seen her tail.
It was dark. A night without a moon.

“Now, close your eyes, my handsome fishermen…” – Sunhwa spoke. Her voice was melodic, her words were precise.

“Why…?” – the blond man asked. His lips shivering. The water was too cold.

“Don’t you trust me?” – the mermaid replied.

Both men giggled, and closed their eyes.

“When are we going to open our eyes?” – the brunette man asked, giggling excitedly.

“When I tell you to do so…” – Sunhwa answered. Her voice was a sweet melody.

“And when are you going to do so?” – the blond man asked, giggling as excitedly as his mate.

“When there is enough water in your lungs” – the mermaid whispered before diving, dragging both fishermen to the deepest in the sea.