Part One

The Act is Over

I think pathetic doesn’t begin to describe how I feel or especially how I must look right now as I walk away from the man who had basically shattered my heart into a million pieces. But it was my heart’s fault in the first place in falling for a man I’d never have a chance with and now he’s getting married to my worst enemy.

“Minzy,” someone called behind me making me jump.

I looked to see Youngguk with a crooked smile as if he pitied how I looked, but I could care less. I was drained from the performance, but more so from Youngbae.

“What’s up,” I choked out as I wiped at my tears as if it would make me look more decent.

“I just wanted to see if you wanted to go get a drink,” he continued to hold that pity smile on his face.

I didn’t need his pity and I especially didn’t want him to get involved, “No thanks maybe some other time.”

“Minzy you’ve said that every night. C’mon one drink is all I’m asking,” he asked making a sad puppy dog face.

I coughed out a chuckle feeling my throat a little dry from the crying with Youngbae, “Sorry but as you can see I’m spent.”

“The more of a reason to grab one drink, just one,” he begged as he clasped his hands together in a plea.

“Youngguk I’m tired,” I whined as I stomped my foot feeling the last of my energy being drained by this conversation.

“How about I bring the drinks up to your apartment,” he offered with his thumbs up. “Sounds good? Huh? Huh?”

“Don’t you have other friends or people from the crew to go drinking with,” I asked as I neared my apartments.

“Yeah but I want to hang out with you tonight. I still haven’t had a proper get together with you,” he said following me into the elevator.

I sighed knowing that I couldn’t waste my precious energy on arguing. “Whatever, there should be some drinks in the fridge,” I tossed the keys onto the counter as I dragged my feet over to my bed where I face planted.

“Damn Minzy there’s nothing in here. What do you eat,” he called.

I didn’t response back as I lie thinking about my conversation with Youngbae, that failed attempt to see if there could be a spark between us. Why did I have to fall for someone who would never see me in that way?

“Here Minzy,” I heard him walk in assuming he brought me a drink.

“No thanks,” I mumbled into my bed. I couldn’t let myself be consumed in the alcohol knowing that I’d definitely bawling my eyes out as a drunk.

“C’mon Minzy, just one drink.”

“I told you I was tired. Just drink both of them and let yourself out,” I knew it was rude of me to treat my guest like that, but I didn’t invite him over in the first place.

I felt my bed shift as he sat next to me, “Minzy did you wanna talk.”

With my face buried into my bed and me not wanting to drink, I thought it was a clear sign I didn’t, “No I’m too tired.”

I heard him sigh, “Well then, get some rest and I’ll see you in the morning.”

“Yeah sure,” I mumbled not understanding why he said the last part when tomorrow was Sunday, whatever if it gets him to leave. I heard shuffling around in the living room, until he finally let himself out. “Alone at last,” I sighed feeling relieved.

I turned flat onto my back as I lay staring up at the ceiling letting my thoughts draw back to my parting with Youngbae. Watching as the scene played out in front of me I thought how pathetic and sad I must’ve looked. I couldn’t even try and fake a strong woman, I mean I was an actress after all wasn’t I?

 

I awoke to the smell of bacon? I was unsure if that was just me dreaming or real as I rustled under my sheets. I figured it had to be a dream or maybe it was a fire. I hoped it was a fire as I nestled my head into my pillow. I didn’t feel like moving out of bed and what better way to be consumed by fire when I felt cold and empty inside.

A knock came at the door making me sit up quickly. Rubbing at my blurred vision I watched as I saw Youngguk walk in with a tray. “Good morning sunshine,” he smiled at me as he placed the tray next to me. I looked and saw that he had prepared me breakfast and I spotted the bacon that I had been smelling.

“Youngguk I don’t…”

He rose his index finger at me, “Wait, I’ll be right back.” Within seconds he came in with a plate and a cup of orange juice as he took a seat at the edge of my bed. “Alright,” he grinned as he began to eat.

I sat staring at him, confused as to what exactly was going on. I remember telling him to leave and he did. But what was he doing back here in my room again. “Eat your food before it gets cold,” he smiled before shoving a piece of bacon into his mouth.

I nodded as I looked down to my plate. It was full of pancakes, bacon, sausage, eggs and toast with a cup of orange juice on the side. What does he think I’m a pig or something? I can’t eat all this! I sighed as I picked up the toast and took a bite before putting it back down. It was the least I could do for his act of service or whatever he was pulling right now.

“Thanks,” I grinned.

“That’s it? You aren’t going to try the bacon or sausage? It’s good.”

I shook my head, eating that piece of toast was filling and if I ate another bite I’d be vomiting in a little. “What are you doing here,” I asked trying to get myself out of it.

“I told you I’d see you in the morning. It’s morning,” he smiled as he took a sip of his orange juice.

“Oh you did say that didn’t you. Well thanks for coming by, but I…”

“Do you not cook? Your kitchen and pots seem brand new.”

“I just don’t have time.”

He cocked an eyebrow at me as if he didn’t believe me, “You don’t have time to cook or eat?”

“Why does it matter to you,” I asked not understanding why he was asking it that way. “I don’t have time and I hate cleaning.”

“Don’t worry I’ll clean up after myself,” he smiled at me as he reached over and took a piece of bacon off of my plate. “It’s really good,” he wiggled it before popping it into his mouth.

“I’ll pass.”

“So what do you do on your days off?”

I shrugged my shoulders thinking of what I needed to do today, “I don’t know. Probably watch a movie and practice some lines for the upcoming play.”

“You’re not going to go shopping for some food? Your kitchen is bare!”

“Youngguk please don’t, I really have no energy for this.”

“That’s because you need to eat,” he grinned as he pushed the tray closer to me.

I sighed as he sat staring at me expecting to take another bite, “Fine!” I reached for the toast but he shook his head and pointed to the sausage. “What?!” Doesn’t he know how greasy and fatty that thing is! He nodded as he sat still pointing to it. Giving in I take a small bite letting the gross grease flow into my mouth. I am definitely throwing this up when he leaves! Tossing it back on the plate I looked to see that his grin had spread into a smile in approval.

“Good job,” he gave me a thumbs up causing me to roll my eyes.

“Alright, thanks for the breakfast. But if you’d kindly let yourself out that would be great,” I extended my hand out towards the door trying to give him the best fake smile I could. But he took hold of my hand tugging at it and making me follow him out, “What are you doing?!”

He led me to the kitchen to see the mess he had made with dishes galore and stood me in front of my fridge before opening it, “I wasn’t sure exactly what you liked to eat so I got you healthy food and not so healthy food.” I stood amazed seeing so much food in my fridge, it was disgusting knowing just where that food would attach its self on my body.

“Youngguk you shouldn’t have,” I tried my best to sound excited. Walking over to my room I came back with my wallet handing him some cash hoping that I guessed close to what he had spent. “Here,” I grinned handing him the cash.

“No just make sure you eat all this and we’re even,” he said pushing the cash back at me.

I laughed looking at all the food, “And how exactly am I going to eat all this? This food will go spoiled before I know it.”

“Then let me help you,” he said proudly as he looked to his stomach. “This food would only last me the longest a week.”

“Well you’re lucky that what you eat doesn’t go to your thighs or ,” I pouted.

He shrugged his shoulders, “Aren’t women supposed to have that hour glass figure?”

“Yeah if you want to be in a rapper’s music video,” I teased as I turned to find a bag.

“What are you doing?”

Finding a sturdy plastic bag I began to stuff some of the things from the fridge into it, before turning to give it to him, “There you go.”

He cocked an eyebrow at me not understanding, “Minzy your fridge is practically bare again.”

“I’ll survive, now take these already. They need to be refrigerated,” I said as I placed the bag into his hands guiding him to the front door.

“But…”

“Thank you so much,” I smiled at him as I opened the door. Youngguk sighed as he looked me in the eyes as if he wanted to say something, “What’s up?”

“Can we hang out later?”

I shook my head wanting him to leave already, “Maybe another day okay?”

I hoped he would get the hint but he continued to persist, “Minzy please! Please!”

“Youngguk why are you doing this to me,” I whined being fed up. I didn’t understand where this was all coming from, why was he wanting to be around me all of a sudden?

He looked away shrugging his shoulders, “I…don’t know. I just want to get to know you.” He looked up with a smile, “Let’s go drinking tonight?”

“What?”

“My treat, I’ll pick you up around eight okay?”

“Huh?”

“Great, I’ll see you tonight,” he said as he pulled me into a tight embrace. It was awkward as I stood in place as he continued to hold me, but at the same time it was comforting. The way he held me for a little bit longer than the usual hug to leave felt as though he was really trying to comfort me. Did he know I was feeling so alone? Did he know that I had no one here to help me through this aching pain?

He couldn’t have. I reluctantly pulled out of his embrace even though it felt safe, not wanting him to think of me as weird for holding onto him a bit longer than necessary. But then again he was standing there holding onto me as well, “Thanks.” I really meant it, I needed that hug whether he knew it or not.

“You’re welcome,” he smiled back. “I’ll see you tonight.”

I nodded as I closed my door. Sighing as I leaned my back onto my door. I didn’t know exactly what that was, but it felt good I think? Shaking my head from my confusion I figured the reason why it felt good was because I was feeling vulnerable.

At that thought the thoughts of Youngbae came rushing to mind. The pain and hurt soon occupied my thoughts as I found my way towards the bathroom. Sitting in front of the toilet I let the tears fall into the toilet bowl as I let myself feel sorry for myself. I was in a one sided relationship that was put to an end last night.

“Why,” I cringed over as my breakfast poured into the toilet bowl. My trembling fingers gripped tightly onto either sides of the bowl as I leaned my head onto the seat sobbing in between my throwing up. There wasn’t much as always, but I still continued to force it out, forcing myself to vomit out all my thoughts of you and that lucky Dara.  

Flushing the toilet I forced myself to stand and discard my clothing as I the shower. Sitting in the tub as I the scalding hot water burned my flesh I continued to cry. If I couldn’t throw you out of my thoughts, I lay attempting to wash you out. Burning it through my thick skull that you were never ever going to be mine, especially since you were about to make a vow of love with someone else.

I don’t know how I was able to dress myself and find my bed again, but I did. I lay face down burying my face into the covers as I continued to sob. I could feel a head ache coming on from all this crying, yet I couldn’t stop myself from thinking about our last kiss. He couldn’t even kiss me right, what a bad actor!

This is so pathetic, yet I don’t give a damn. I will cry and cry until I have no tears left. Let my self-pity take over just for today.

 

“Minzy, Minzy…” I heard a faint pounding.  I shuffled around in the covers as I kept my eyes shut hoping the sound would fade back out. “Minzy…Minzy…” the pouding gets louder. I let out a loud hiss, now that I’m not able to fall back asleep. Though I’m a little light headed, I stumble over to the front door and look through the hole to see Youngguk. “Minzy…Minzy,” he shouted as he pounded on my door.

“What,” I pulled back feeling as though that pounding carried into my head.

“Are you ready to go?”

“What are you talking about?”

“We planned to go drinking tonight remember?”

“Oh…” I didn’t feel like going out. Why couldn’t he just leave me in peace to suffer alone? “Umm...I don’t feel up to going out tonight. Sorry Youngguk maybe some other time,” I asked hoping he’d take the bait.

“I figured you might say that. I brought some drinks just in case. Now open up,” he spoke through the door.

“Youngguk…”

“Minzy hurry up I’ve been out here for a long time,” he cut me off before I could give him another excuse.

I sighed and opened the door to see him smiling at me as he waved the bag of alcohol, “Let’s get this party started.” I turned letting him come in as I took a seat at closest chair as he pulled out two drinks handing one to me and the other for himself, “Thanks.”

“Mmm…that’s good,” he sighed as he walked to the living room. “What movies do you have?”

“I thought you only wanted to have a couple of drinks, not come over to have a movie night,” I teased before drinking my soju.

He shrugged his shoulders as he walked back to me and took a seat across from me, “Fine let’s talk then.”

Great bad idea, looking away I took another gulp of my soju before getting up, “Maybe a movie doesn’t sound too bad after all.” He chuckled as he followed me over to sit on the sofa as I started browsing through my little collection of movies, “Do you have any preferences?”

“It’s whatever you want to watch.”

“Alright, let’s watch Sound of Music,” I grinned at my all-time favorite movie before popping it in.

During the movie I would glance here and there over to him to see if he was enjoying the movie as much as I was, it had been too long since I’ve seen it last. But a few times I would catch him looking intently at me before moving his attention back on the movie when I noticed. It made me feel awkward and somewhat self-conscious. 

“I’m gonna get another drink do you want another one,” I turned to look at him. He nodded with a smile as I excused myself to head to the kitchen to grab us another round. But it was more of an excuse to get myself out of his intent stares. What was he thinking? It didn’t look scary, but more so like pity? As if he had something he wanted to say to me, but was debating whether or not he should say.

Taking two drinks I turned to be met face to face with him and letting out a gasp, “Sorry! Did I scare you? The movie was over and I wanted to see what was taking you so long.”

I waved it off handing him his drink as I made my way back to the tv to turn it off, “No it’s okay.” Sitting on the sofa again he came in and took a seat across from me giving me that same intent stare once again. “What,” I finally chuckled as I sipped on my beer.

He gave a half smile and shook his head, “Oh it’s nothing.”

“Nothing my , you’ve been giving me that look during the whole movie,” I grinned at him.

Youngguk chuckled at my boldness as he took a gulp of his soju, “Alright you caught me.”

“Yeah I did, what’s up?”

His smile faded into a frown as his face became serious, “I…I saw what happened the other day.”

“What are you talking about?”

He sighed as he took another drink, “I was walking back to grab something when I saw you and that other guy talking.” I felt my chest tighten as he continued, “I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but yeah…”

We sat in silence for a moment as I soaked up what he had just said. It all made sense now why all of a sudden he was trying to take care of me, “It’s okay Youngguk. Don’t worry about me. I’m fine really.”

“He seemed like a real jerk.”

I shook my head, “It’s nothing it’s over and done with now.”

“Minzy you know you have me as a friend to lean on okay,” he gave me a genuine smile to let me know that he was serious.

“Thanks Youngguk, but I promise you that I’m fine,” I said more so to convince myself than him.

“Well if you ever need to talk I’m here.”

I nodded as I gave him a smile, “Thanks.”

“Well I better get going. Tomorrow we have tryouts for the upcoming play.”

“That’s right,” I smiled feeling grateful that he was leaving. “Okay I’ll see you tomorrow,” I waved before shutting the door.

Sighing in relief as I was once again alone in my apartment I found myself grabbing my soju and heading to my room. I know this may sound ungrateful of me, but I’m super grateful that he’s gone. Now I can be in peace as I lay here in the darkness, letting myself drown in my sorrows.

 

Forcing myself out of bed for today’s audition I found myself in front of my mirror looking like a complete mess. Doing my best to fix myself up, I was about to leave when I remembered the food that Youngguk had bought me. I grabbed an apple and headed to the theater, it was the least I could do for him buying me so much food.

“Alright everyone I’ve preselected the actors for the upcoming play,” director Jiyong said as his assistant started to hand out the scripts as I walked in.

I nodded towards Youngguk as I took a bite of the apple before tossing it in the trash to join the others, “Here you go.”

I slightly bowed as I looked down at the script feeling my heart pounding. “If you have any questions or would like to further discuss why you weren’t chosen for a part please see me after,” he continued.

My heart dropped as I saw that I was not the lead actress and then it dropped further when I saw that I was none other than the supporting actress. “Minzy are you okay,” Youngguk asked me as he placed a hand onto my shoulder.

Sighing I pushed him away as I marched right up to the director, “Can we talk right now?”

“Sure follow me to my office,” he told me and I did just that. After I had closed the door I looked to see that he had taken a seat ready to hear my complaint, “So what’s up?”

I coughed a laugh as I waved the script to him, “Supporting actress?! Was I not that good in the last play?”

“You were.”

“Then what?! Why am I not the lead actress in this one?”

He sighed as he interlaced his fingers, “Supporting actress isn’t good enough?”

“NO,” I loudly spoke. How could that be good enough?!

“Minzy…”

“Look what is that you’re looking for? Tell me? I’ll do anything!”

He looked me up and down as he got up and sat on his desk, “Anything?”

I nodded as I came closer to him, “Please! I’ll do anything to be the lead actress.” I couldn’t be supporting actress, that would be going backwards!

“Then prove it,” he smirked at me. I stood in place not exactly sure of what he meant by proving it to him. What exactly does it mean? Guessing that I didn’t understand, he walked up to me and stood only a breath away. My heart started to pound as he his lips and brushed the back of his hand down my face. “Prove it to me Minzy,” he said in a deep husky voice. Now understanding what it stood for, I stayed still as he dove for my neck placing wet kisses all over it. Stumbling a little as he roughly pulled my body up against his, I continued to stay frozen as his hands started to feel all around my body. “If you’re a good girl and give me what I want…” he mumbled against my neck as his hands went underneath my shirt and started to venture up. “I’ll make sure you’re the leading actress.” I gasped in shock as he squeezed my left as the other hand began to fiddle with the front of my pants. “You like that don’t you,” he chuckled as he ped my pants. I stood still at a cross roads. Do I give it up to him and get the lead or walk out and accept being the supporting actress. “What’s it going to be,” he whispered into my ear as he pushed up against me to let me feel that he was ready and willing to have me right here and now.

Closing my eyes I saw the image of Youngbae and Dara smiling happily and that was my answer, “No!” Pushing the director off of me I zipped up my pants and fixed my shirt as I glared at him, “You’re really low to try and make me sell my virtue for leading actress.”

“That’s the only way to get far in this business,” he said trying to tempt me with his offer again.

“If that’s what will get me far in this business then I don’t want any part of it,” I felt the tears welling up. I’ve made my decision and I have to stick to it.

“Then you don’t have what it takes.”

Letting the tears fall I nodded in understanding, “Now I understand that I never had what it took.” Dashing out of his office, I covered my face in hopes that no one would see me.

“Minzy,” someone called after me as I headed towards the exit. “Minzy what’s wrong,” Youngguk asked as he stood in my way.

“Please don’t make a scene,” I begged as I tried to maneuver around him.

“Wait come here,” he said as he draped his arm over my shoulder and pulled me close as we walked out.

“What are you doing?”

“Trying not to make a scene,” he answered as he held me up against him and continued to walk. “You’re going home right?”

I nodded as he grinned down at me as he still held me close as if shielding me. We walked in silence as we walked up to my front door, “Thank you.”

“Here,” he said taking my keys out of my hand and leading me into my apartment. Pulling me all the way to the couch he made us both sit down as he kept holding me close to him.

“Youngguk I’m fine,” I choked out through my tears hoping that he would leave me.

But he shook his head as he wrapped his arms around me and leaned his head onto mine, “Minzy go ahead and cry.”

“What?”

“Let it out,” he whispered as he started to rub soothing circles on my back.

Under the right state of mind I would’ve pushed him out of my apartment to suffer alone, but at this moment I feel so broken. I just walked out on my opportunity as leading actress! Does choosing self-worth really hurt and feel as bad as it does right now? Did I really make the right decision to walk out? But what was the point anymore? Youngbae is engaged to Dara!

“I hate you Youngbae,” I cried into Youngguk’s chest. Imagining that Youngbae was the one holding me, I repeatedly punched at his chest, “I hate you, my obsessive love for you and acting all gone within a few days!” Heaving as I cried and cried I couldn’t understand how everything I had worked for had just slipped out of my hands. “How can I be so stupid?” 

My body went numb and then limp as my sobs turned into soft sniffles. Sighing, I felt strong arms scoop me up, looking up through my blurred vision I saw Youngguk. I didn’t understand exactly what was going on at the moment, but I didn’t have the strength or the words to say or do anything but stare up at him.

Youngguk gave me a half grin as he laid me onto my bed and crawled in next to me pulling me up against his chest. He tightened his grasp around me as he placed his chin onto my head. I felt safe and warm as I listened to the beating of his heart that soon soothed me to sleep.

 

The soft scent of bacon invaded my nose as I tossed in my sheets. Sighing deeply I slowly awoke not understanding why I was smelling bacon. I then heard shuffling outside of my room that made me shoot up to my feet. Someone’s in my apartment! Reaching for the closest item I quietly crept out of my room to hear water running in my kitchen. Though my heart was pounding I finally ran out to meet the thief.

“GET OUT OF MY HOUSE,” I shouted as I ran with the umbrella high in the air as a warning that I was armed.

“Hey, good morning,” Youngguk grinned.

“What?!” I watched him take two plates to the table and sat down by one.

“You woke up right on time. Let’s eat!”

“Youngguk what are you doing here,” I asked not understanding what was going on.

“I’m about to eat breakfast with you is that a crime,” he teased before waving to me to take a seat next to him. Eyeing him suspiciously I took a seat and stared at him. Why was he here? How did he get here? “What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Youngguk why are you here,” I asked again.

He sighed as he began to eat, “Who is Youngbae?”

“I…how do you know him,” I was so shocked by the sudden question.

He shrugged his shoulders as he began to stuff his face with eggs, “You kept crying out his name last night.”

“Wait you were here last night?! What did we do? Please don’t tell me we did something I’m going to regret,” I crossed my fingers not remembering what had happened last night.

“I carried you into the bed room and crawled in next to you and wrapped my arms around you and well…you can imagine the rest,” he chuckled as he winked at me.

I gasped in shock, “NO!” How could he have taken advantage of me?!

He laughed as he stopped eating, “No is right. It’s not what you’re thinking.”

“Then what?”

He sighed as he explained, “You ran out of the director’s office crying and I helped cover you so the other coworkers wouldn’t see. The next I know is that you were crying in my arms for the rest of the night.”

As he ended his explanation it all dawned on me, “Oh…”

“So who’s Youngbae?”

I sighed as I shook my head, “No one important.”

“He sounded important, since you kept calling out his name in your sleep.”

“Please Youngguk just drop it.”

“He’s the guy that kissed you the closing night wasn’t he?”

“I said drop it,” I drove my fist into the table feeling my blood starting to boil with annoyance.

I watched as he put his hands up in defense, “Sorry.”

The thoughts of him comforting me the night before made me frown. He deserved to know after what he had done for me. It was the least I could do, “I’m sorry Youngguk. But you’re right, he was the guy from closing night.” I paused as the thoughts of Youngbae came to mind.

“Was he your ex-boyfriend?”

“I wish,” I chuckled. I looked to see that he was waiting for me to further explain what I meant and I did, “Well since you’ve already seen how pathetic my life is from closing night to the night before I might as well tell you. Youngbae and I worked together in another theater that I used to work at. He is or was someone who I first admired and then fell in love with. Sadly it was a love that was only one-sided. He was in love with another woman. The main actress of every play we produced, while I no matter how hard I tried was always the supporting actress.”

“Is that why you don’t want the supporting actress role in our upcoming play?”

I nodded as I continued, “I’m tired of living in someone else’s shadow.” Pausing I realized that even if I was tired of living in the shadows, I didn’t want it bad enough to sleep with the director.

“Minzy,” Youngguk placed his hand on top of mine to bring me back to the conversation.

“Huh?”

“So what are you saying? Are you going to quite?”

I coughed a laugh at him, “Did you not hear a word I was just telling you?! I’m not going backwards!”

“So what are you going to do?”

I shrugged my shoulders as I knew there was no other choice, “Maybe I wasn’t cut out for this.” Even though I had just said those words out of light heartedness, it sunk deep into my soul. Maybe I wasn’t really meant for this.

“Minzy don’t say that. C’mon you are a great actress.”

“But not good enough,” I sighed as I started to believe the words I spoke.

He gave my hand a light squeeze to make me look at him, “Minzy acting is your God given talent. How you kissed me closing night almost felt real!” He chuckled at the memory making me as he continued, “If acting is what you love then it shouldn’t matter if you are lead or supporting.”

“But it does! That’s how Dara was recognized by Youngbae! If I were the lead actress I know I would be the one he was engaged to, not her,” I felt the tears starting to well up at the thought of the two.

“So you think that if you are the lead actress all the guys will fall for you?”

“Exactly…wait, that’s not…”

He nodded as he cut me off, “Sure that’s how you get noticed, but the rest is up to you.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I’m saying that this Youngbae guy may have noticed Dara, but she probably had a great personality that attracted him.”

“Since when do guys think about a girl’s personality?! No it was more like she had a great body!”

He chuckled at my statement, “What, and you don’t?”

I shrugged my shoulders, “It doesn’t matter, she’s already engaged to him I’ve lost.”

“It’s your fault,” he said as he began eating again.

I looked at him in disbelief, “Excuse me?”

He nodded as he finished up the last of his meal, “Yeah you’re too what’s the word….”

“What?”

“Never mind let's drop it," he tried to change the subject but he was too late.

"No tell me, why is it my fault," I was eager to know why.

He sighed as he ran his fingers through his hair, "Well..."

"Youngguk just tell me already I'm a big girl I can hold my own."

"Fine you're a great person don't get me wrong," I was becoming annoyed by the fact that he was sugar coating his thoughts.

"Just spill it already!"

"You're kind of a stuck up ," he breathed all at once.

"I'm a what," I gasped not expecting that from him.

"I mean wait that came out wrong, what I meant to say..."

"A stuck up ? How did I manage to do that when I keep to myself," I asked not understanding how that was even possible to make that kind of name for myself.

"Wait that's only to those who don't really know you," he tried to defend himself.

"You don't really know me, so you must think I'm a stuck up ! Wow," I coughed in disbelief. "Is that what everyone thinks of me at work?"

"Not everyone..."

As if I didn't have enough problems in my life I managed to make more problems for myself subconsciously, "This is great. Thank you for opening my eyes and giving me more reasons to quite." I was beyond fed up with all these problems as I pushed myself up from the table.

"Wait," he caught ahold of my hand. "Please Minzy, that's not what I meant at all. Come sit down please. Please," he tugged at my hand. Sighing I took a seat and looked at him waiting for a better explaination, "Alright what I meant to say was that Minzy you give off this attitude that you're better than everyone."

"How did I..."

"Other than rehearsing the lines you don't say a word to anyone. Not even a simple hello. We the staff try to invite you on outings but you always decline. The way you showed your attitude in front of everyone when you didn't get the lead role. Not to mention the way you dress is so dark and screams leave me the hell alone."

"Alright, alright," I waved him off not wanting to hear anymore insults. The more I thought about it he was right, I didn't realize how obsessed I had become to being the leading lady that I focused all my energy on that and nothing else. "So what do I do?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "Maybe start with changing your attitude."

I coughed a laugh, "Easier said than done. I can't just act all cute and sweet." I paused as I clasped my hands together and sarcastically blinked my eyes at him before frowning, "That's not me, that's fake!"

He chuckled as he shook his head, "Well honesty is one thing you're really good at."

"Then let me be honest with you right now. I don't think I'm cut out for this acting business. I'm tired of it."

"So you're a quiter."

"No you're not listening..."

He shook his head as he continued, "No you're giving up your dream to be a star because you can't handle it anymore. Yeah that sounds like a quiter to me."

"Listen here you punk! I don't even know why I'm even taking your insults in my own home, but I don't like it alright. So stop it."

He grinned at me as he pinched my cheek, "You're cute when you're mad. Even if everyone thinks you look scary when you're mad I think it's cute."

I slapped his hand away and glared at him, "Why are you even here?!"

"I don't want you to quit. You have too much potential," he admitted. I shook my head not believing him, "Minzy I'm going to help you become the star you deserve to be."

 

Author's Notes:

Alright I think that's good enough for this part. I realize it's kinda long so I'll end it there. I'm not sure if I can, but I want to hopefully just make this into a two shot, a three shot is stretching it. anywho hopefully those who requested this sequel like it so far as well as the rest of you! thanks for reading, commenting, and subscribing! <3