you and i

BOY MEETS GIRL

 

As always Yong Hwa is rushing from his office as he is already late . It must be because he stayed out all night in Hongki house –watching football . He passed the big building and look at his watch as he is waiting for the pedestrian light to show Go ! on the zebra crossing . So bad that his car is in the workshop for almost a month after got into a minor incident .. “Aish please show green”, he said as he look at his watch continuously . Then as the colour of  pedestrian light change it colour from red to green he pass the road .. but right in the middle of the road .. A young girl with her white cane ( the stick that blind people uses ) follow behind him and touch his coat as she is falling down because of his sudden stop . He ignored her as he walk towards the road because he know that he is already late .. He walk casually .. Other people just look and shake their head looking at Yong Hwa . He passed the zebra crossing and he look back where the girl is falling . She is still there .. touch the bare road to find her stick – no one help her . Yong Hwa pity her because it was his fault . He went back and help her to stand and give back her stick and .. PING ! PING !  PING ! A hon everywhere because the pedestrian light is changing colour again .. He take her to the sate place .

He run as fast as he could to the office . when he arrive the office is close .. He wonder why .. Then he called his co-workers … “Hyung .. I’m right infront of the office … why is it close?”, he said worry . “Yong Hwa yah .. its Sunday today .. what’s wrong with you”, his co-workers said . Yong Hwa is shocked then look at the date and day on his watch .. yes ! Its Sunday … He end the call after a big laugh with his co-worker as both of them find Yong Hwa make a funny mistake . He smile because it’s the holiday … YAY ! He laughed .. Then he go straight to the coffee shop to have some breakfast …

“I’m sorry .. I didn’t see you before at the zebra crossing .. Its not your fault that I fall .. Its because of me”, Shin Hye come towards Yong Hwa who is buying a coke at the vending machine .. “Agashii .. you cant see me .. how can you know I?”, he ask puzzled .. “I know your smell”, she said and smile .. “Take this”, he put the cola on Shin Hye hands .. Shin Hye hardly find the opened place . Yong Hwa take back and put his hand on her back and lead her somewhere ..It is a place near a park but the park is not that picturesque … He lead her to sit and he also take a sit . Yong Hwa sit at the very end of the bench … “Why silent ? I know that you still here”, she said and sip the cola . “This is really frustrating … how can you know?”, he said . “I ….remember you”, she said . “Did you got any superpower.. you’re amazing”, he said and smile ..  Yong Hwa find it weird … Then after the sun set he went home … He look at the family portrait hang onto the wall inside his bedroom …. The picture of his family when he was young .. He was such a cute boy .. As he lie on the bed , his gaze fixed to the ceiling … He remember something in his grey memory

FLASHBACK …

He walk home from school .. As always he would stop at a big house which had a big window … A girl always stand there whenever he come back from school .. A girl with a pale face . She always throw a paperplane every day and one day her mom caught him looking at her daughter and invited him into the house to be her daughter … Her name is Shin Hye . Park Shin Hye but she was so special yet she can look .. Yes ! She is born blind .. Her face was beautiful and Yong Hwa always come visit her after school . “What type of person you are?”, she ask him while touch his face .. “I’m a cute boy of course ..”, he said . Shin Hye touch his head  and said “You’re short”, she said and giggle ..Yong Hwa too .. And still the short boy become her best friend that could even better than boyfriend .. Their parents also become close to each other .. “Yong Hwa ah .. lets take picture”, Shin Hye mom said on his birthday .. He took a picture with Shin Hye .

Later Yong Hwa’s father receive new  job offer in Seoul and of course he need to follow .. He didn’t tell Shin Hye about his left . He act cool whenever he spend with her while waiting for the day he will left . “Oppa take this picture … Since I cant see it .. Oppa keep it”, she said and hand him their picture that Shin Hye mom take . “Okayy”, he take it and put inside his pocket .. Tomorrow is the day .. he is going to Seoul , leaving Shin Hye alone .. Although people didn’t tell her but she know it .. She is blind not deaf .. She heard it when her parents is talking with each other .. As she can hear Yong Hwa’s father car went away , she cry hard .. She went outside the house and as she stand on the middle of the road , she feel that her feet is touching something , like a note .. NOPE ! A picture .. she take it and save it safely … While as Yong Hwa help her mom decorate their new house in Seoul he ask his mom “Omma do you see my picture?”. “Had you look into the album?”, her mom ask back , he nodded . “In your notebook?”, she said again . “I’ve been searching for it .. I didn’t find it”, he said and cry while his mom comfort her . It’s the only memory that he had with Shin Hye .

END OF FLASHBACK

“ Ah I feel like we can meet again if we return to that time.”, he said and sigh .. He take a nap .. The next day as he ready to the office .. He met Shin Hye again .. Now she is finding her purse that fall . Yong Hwa help her and secretly take a look on her purse .. There’s a picture in that .. He shocked ! “Where did you get this?”, he ask .. “What ?”, she ask again . “I mean the picture in your purse”, he said . “Oh I kept it since i was a child.Why?”, she take the purse and ask .. ““I lost this picture when i was 13…”Yong Hwa said and he hug her .. She response .. “Now you remember me ? .. Yong Hwa ah .. even though I cant see .. My heart remember you .. Its not because of my superpower or something .. Its because of my heart remember of you”, she said and touch his face .. “I miss you”, he said as tears rolled from his eyes .. She touch his head .. “You’re not short anymore”, she said and they both laughed .