Good Things Come to Those Who Wait

Just In Time

Jem looked longingly at what was once her favourite coffee shop, or perhaps more accuratly her favourite place in the world.

Four years after Kris left, she still came here hoping he would unlock the doors for her once more.

No matter the weather, be it rain, or snow, every Friday, Saturday and Sunday she would go...

just to sit down...and try to remember the happy times.

The same table she sat at when she met Kris...the counter at which they would sit at and talk for hours on end.

Everything about the shop had become so dear to her, because that was all she had left besides her memories, which inevitably would begin to fade...

When she had heard from the management one night that they were closing because someone bought them out....

Jem was at her tipping point.

She had become so attached to the hole-in-the wall establishment that if she lost it...

she felt that Kris...the only man she had ever loved and everything she knew and experianced with him would slip away.

Now everything.....the very last thing she had left of Kris was gone.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The cold midnight rain mingled with Jem's tears.

Why she was visiting this place in the middle of the night was a complete mystery to her, she just had the sudden urge to.

As the rain poured down even more, Jem tried in vain to twist the doorknob of the small cafe open.

Knowing well that it was locked, but she couldn't help it...she felt like the rain...falling endlessly.

 

Suddenly a familiar voice behind her said;

"You know, doors that don't open usually need a key."

Jem froze not daring to move. She knew that voice.

It was the one she had been longing to hear all these years.

She didn't dare turn around, lest it be a dream....a figment of her prelude to insanity.

The person unlocked the door with a key they held. 

Looking at their hand...to their wrist..Jem noticed...a small circular scar. She turned slowly looking at their face.

Jem felt her heart nearly stop....more tears streamed down her face.

 

"Kris...." she breathed, her knees buckling from exhaustion.

Said man smiled, and wrapped and arm around Jem's waist, holding her close to him, hugging her tightly.

 

"I promised I wouldn't forget you," he whispered

 

"Sorry I'm a bit late..."

 

"No...you're just in time..."