Number One

Number One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Kwonnie, I miss you. I’m very lonely.” I hoarsely whisper into the phone, before he even gets a word in.
“What’s the matter, Ga In-ah?” His sleepy reply comes a few moments later. I must have woken him up from his sleep.

“Sorry, Kwon-ah, I must have woken you up. Go back and sleep. I’ll be fine.” Deep down, I’m hoping that Kwonnie will say that it’s alright and comfort me.

“No, no. I don’t mind. You want to come over?” Kwonnie’s reply now comes immediately, and his concern is bubbling over. He brings a pained smile to my face.

“You don’t mind?” Please say that you don’t.

“Where are you now? I’ll come and get you.” Kwonnie really is the sweetest.

“I’m coming over now.” And I hang up. Before he has a chance to change his mind.

 

It’s raining outside, but I don’t care. I don’t even bother running out of the rain. I walk through it. In some way, it’s liberating. The raindrops crashing down on my skin distracting from the downpour I’m feeling from within right now. I drench my entire car seat when I finally slump into my car.

 

Ga In-ah, why are you such a failure?

 

 

Kwonnie’s house isn’t far from the company at all. I don’t even remember how I found my way here. I still have the minimal presence of mind to park two streets away just in case. But that’s all the sense I have left. Again, I’m back into the relentless rain. It doesn’t stop does it?

 

I stumble my way to Kwonnie’s house somehow, ring the doorbell, and the door flies open the next instant.

 

“You’re all wet!” Shrieks Kwonnie, who drags me into the house.

“Doesn’t matter.” Uninterested.

Kwonnie disappears somewhere for a moment, before returning with a towel. “Dry off?” 

“Don’t want to.” Stubborn. Because he’s the only one who will put up with me like that.

“Don’t be stubborn now, Ga In-ah. You’ll get sick.”

“As if anyone cares.” I thwack the towel on the couch irritated.

“I do! It breaks my heart.”

“Since when was it so fragile?” I probably deserve to be kicked out of his house unceremoniously.

“It’s always been.” He murmurs, “Okay, okay. If you don’t want to dry off, at least, tell me. What’s the matter?”

“Everything?” I hear my voice crack. The tears that I’ve been holding back sinc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter