True Love Baby

True Love

 

A scandal involving Taeyang wasn’t normal. He tended to keep all his business private. He had been dating for the last 4 years. She was a friend of a friend of Daesung’s who had introduced the pair at the request of s who wanted him to be able to know the romance in the words he sung.

 

They did a good job of staying quiet she understood 100% why he needed that. She never tried to force him to reveal to the public there relationship. But somehow netizens had figured it out. Not wanting to hurt her he didn’t deny it or confirm it, which to the netizens only meant one thing. However even in protecting her he managed to hurt her netizens had dug up information on her past and now she had been put on blast.

 

Choi Nina had taken to hiding in her bedroom luckily for the 23 year old fashion designer she didn’t have to leave in order to do her work. Somehow netizens had di up all her past. They had found out that she had been abandoned buy her mother at 10 years old and had been forced to move to Korea to live with her father and his new family. It was as if, now, she had become the focus of everyone attention, unwillingly.

 

She didn’t blame Taeyang but at the same time she didn’t want to speak to him. She was struggling to come to terms with the new attention that had been on to her. She didn’t speak to Taeyang about her family unless she absolutely had to. After 18 months of dating she explained her family situation but didn’t speak about her mom after nearly 28 months she opened up about her mother and why she came to live in Korea. She had expected him to run away and she was very shocked when he hadn’t.  He had still accepted her and she had been the first women he had ever introduced to his family.

That was another worry in her mind. His family now knew the sordid secrets of her past. She had been talking to Taeyeon about marriage recently. How could she expect his family to accept her now? Who would want a drug addict’s daughter as a daughter-in-law?

 

She had always been secure about her past, even though she never wanted to talk about it, and accepted that this had made her who she was today. But at times like this she wished she was just a normal girl with a normal family. Her father had tried to comfort her, as did her step mother, nut there was just some things you didn’t want out for the world to know. She was worried about Taeyang’s career and how it would be affected by her. Korea was meant to be a new start for her. It was away from everyone who knew and now she was forced to, again, see people everyday who knew all about her past.

 

“Unnie” Min, her younger half sister, started walking into her bedroom. “Daddy said lunch is ready”

 

She reached over and pulled the 7 year old into a hug, she kissed her forehead. “Tell daddy I’m not hungry”

 

Nina put her down pushing her slightly, inciting a laugh from the younger girl. She watched as the door shut before turning back to her drawing trying to concentrate on creating 2NE1 stage clothes. Everything she started thought of him popped into her head.

 

“Hey baby” her step mom apprehensively calls out opening the door to her bedroom “I brought you some food. You haven’t eaten properly in two days. I’m starting to get worried”

 

A genuine smile graced her face. She was grateful for her step mom. Her surrogate mother. When she had first come to Korea and met her she had immediately hated her. For some reason there was a part of her that blamed her for her mom and dad splitting up, for the struggle she had to go through with her single mother.  As she got to know the older women she realised she was completely wrong, it was thanks to her Nina knew what it was like to be loved by a mother.

 

“I’m okay Mom I promise” She replied turning, again, away from her work. “I need to get this designed and approved by YG otherwise I won’t be paid”

 

She watched as her mother walked into the room placed the plate of food on the table, away from the work, before taken a seat on her bed and motioning for Nina to join her. Nina stood up at sat next to her mother putting her head on her shoulder. She took the comfort of her mother being next to her.

 

“Yongbae called again” “Your father told him to come over”

 

It took a minute to register in Nina’s brain what her mother said, she pulled her head up and looked straight at her mom. “Wait why did dad.. Why would he”

 

She struggled to get her words out. She didn’t want him to be here. She had missed him so much and a part of her struggled to be away from him but there was also a bigger part that expected him to come and to break up with her,

 

“Your dad is worried about you. Like the rest of us are” “I came up here to give you the 2 minute warning”

 

Her mom bent down and kissed her forehead before leaving the room with a sympathetic smile. Nina knew that it was now or never. She knew there was no point trying to run away, that it would do her no good. She had face this head on.

 

It felt like hours and she heard a knock at the door. She knew who it was, the feeling in gut told her who it was. She scrambled to make herself look presentable, pushing a headband to move her dirty hair out of her face before mumbling a come in. 

 

As soon as he walked in she noticed the bags under his eyes. She guessed she looked as bad as he did. He looked as if he hadn’t slept in ages and that he had been crying non stop.  He turned and shut the door before taking a seat in the same spot her mother and occupied.

 

“Hey Oppa” she murmured trying to calm her voice, she didn’t want him to notice how nervous she was.

 

She watched as he seemed to just sit there looking at his hands, her nerves grew. She convinced herself more then ever that he was going to break up with her.  She started to bite her nails, a habit she had managed to stop, at least for the most part.

 

“Are you going to leave me?”

 

Nina thought she imagined the soft voice that came from her boyfriend. If she hadn’t seen his lips move she wouldn’t have believed it.

 

“Why would you even think that?”

 

“You haven’t been answering my calls” He replied, his voice slightly louder then before. “Its like you’re giving me the cold shoulder. You can’t leave me I won’t let you”

 

Nina shook her head. “I’m not leaving you. I thought” she took a deep breath “I thought you were going to break up with me. How could I blame you? Everyone knows every little secret about me. This could ruin everything. Everything you worked so hard to achieve”

 

She put her head in her hands not wanting to see his reaction.

 

“How could you think that I could leave you over this?” He moved to kneel in front of her taking her hands into his “You and me against the world baby that’s all I could ever ask for. I don’t care about my career if it means I can’t be with you”

 

“But your family”

 

“My family are more concerned about how you are doing. They love you Nina. They can’t wait for you to be apart of there family”

 

Nina looked into Taeyang’s eyes. He pulls her down to him into a kiss before pulling her into a tight hug.

 

“No one can come in between what we have. This is true love baby”