OSL - Chapter 24

Oath to a Secret Lover

 Chapter 24

Myung, it’s not what you think. That same old sentence kept on hitting Myungsoo’s head. If only he listened, they shouldn’t have ended it all. Clearly seeing no one but his blank thoughts, Jiyeon popped out her head to his side.

“Why the sad face? Are you ill?” Jiyeon, butting into his thought, made him smile – a weak smile.

Irritated of how he reacted, she placed her hands to her waist and pouted. “You’re no fun these days. All you think about was Krystal. Suzy, she-“ She paused and fanned her hand. “Forget it. You’re not even interested on what I’m saying.”

As she kiddingly turned away, Myungsoo grabbed her hand and turned her to face him. “No. Tell me is she mad at me? Does she hate me?”

“Pfft.” She pulled her arm back. “Hate all of a sudden? She wouldn’t hate you. Even though you’re too busy dealing with Krystal, she’s still smiling, but I know she’s been aching inside.” Crossing her arms, she narrowed her eyes to him. “I hope you’re not hurting her – not you mister.”

Consiously putting her words into his thoughts, he's fallen apart from being guilty of what he did. I should have listened, it's all my fault.

*

“That Suzy is so insane!” Krystal dug out her hand phone from her bag and searched on her phonebook. “Wait!” She suddenly stopped from walking. “What the heck is wrong with me? I’ve been trying so hard making Myungsoo mine, and there she was giving him to me. Why must I feel like this?”

Irritably, she scratched her head and pulled it away. “Is she playing with me?”

“There you are again with your crazy stunts, what’s with you?” Kai uttered out of nowhere making Krystal turn in shock. She rolled her eyes and turned her back to him. “Here you are again pissing me off.”

Walking in front of her, he held her arm. “Hey, Ms. Stubborn I wasn’t here to piss you off. I heard you went to Suzy’s house. What did you do this time?”

Krystal shoved off his arm leaving him in disbelief. “If I go to someone’s house, does it mean I should do something to them? Yeah you’re right! I’ve ended her life! I've killed her already! Are you fine with that?”

Walking away with her feet stomping, he shook his head in dismay of her attitude. “That is girl is such a brat.”

“Why must I run into that stupid guy?” Getting her attention back to her hand phone, she pressed call and spoke. “Hey, it's me. Let's meet.”

“I don’t want to.” A voice replied.

“YA! If you won’t come here, all your dreams will vanish.” Krystal demanded and hung up. “Aish, there are a lot of stupid boys nowadays.”

 “Suzy-ah, I need to buy something to the grocery store. Do you want something?” Mrs. Bae shouted from downstairs. Suzy popped her head from the door and rushed to her mother. “Why don’t I do the shopping? You look tired.”

“It’s okay-“

“No, I want to go. I hate it when you tire yourself.” Suzy let out a smile and raised her palms up. “To get started, I need some money.”

Closing the door, she started walking and head to the nearest grocery store. Reaching the store, she directly went to the vegetable section and checked on the lettuces thoroughly. “This seems okay.” She picked it up and strolled around to look for the next thing on her list.

While walking down the sections, her phone rang. First three rings and she ignored it. Then, a message envelope popped on her hand phone and she checked it. “I’m sorry.”

“Tch. You realize just now, what an idiot.” She placed it back to her pocket and continued with her grocery errand. Another minute had passed and a notification sounded again. Why is he so annoying?

Unfortunately, the person she was expecting wasn’t the person who sent her a message. Ya, you’re needed here at school. Mr. Choi is looking for you – he’s mad, something about term papers. Just saying.”

“Term papers? Aish, I forgot to pass it yesterday.” Quickly exiting the store, she rushed to their house and without noticing her mom about going to school, she head outside to the bus stop.

It’s passed 4 o’clock in the afternoon when the bus had arrived. She went inside and paused when she saw the seat where they usually sit.

Sitting at the opposite side, she rested her chin to her palms. She let out a sigh and before she can remember, Myungsoo’s stop was there. Hesitant she was at first, she looked at the waiting shed with no one around.

“Why do I even care if he’s there or not?”

Arriving at the front gate of the school, she rushed to the faculty room and found Mr. Choi sitting in front of his desk. Slowly she approached him and handed him the term papers. “I’m sorry if I was late giving it to you.”

Oh, Suzy-ah, didn’t you already pass that to me yesterday?”

Excuse me?” Shocked of what she heard, her head started asking question to herself. “I wasn’t here yesterday.”

“Of course, you were not around but Jiyeon passed it to me.”

“Eh?” Her knees weak, she bowed her head in disbelief and turned her back to the teacher. “That Jiyeon! She told me he’s looking for me? Aish!”

It was getting late in the evening and the lights on the corridor are starting to switch off one by one. “Why did she do that? That witch! Ahhh!”

All she can do was to curse Jiyeon under her breath and slam the papers on her forehead when suddenly, someone grabbed her by the hand and shut . She tried to escape but the grip was too tight. Helpless she was, she screamed into her thoughts. Turning to the person, her eyes widened.

“Suzy, it’s me.”  


Almost there!