A Surprise Visitor

A Broken Promise [HIATUS]

 

 

 

 

 

            You stare intently at your right wrist, wrapping it tightly while you sigh heavily, inspecting the damage. Why did you have to fall on your wrist today? ‘The gods have a great sense of humor...’ you sigh to yourself again, nibbling the inside of your lip.

            “What are you sighing about so much over here?” a deep voice asks over your shoulder.

            “If you should know, it’s because I fell on my wrist. Two days before a competition.” You turn around to face an older, fit man about your height, pouting towards him. “You should feel bad for me, dearest brother.”

            He chuckles softly and playfully slaps your wrist, making you flinch. “You have time to heal, just make sure you rest and not strain it in the next couple days.” He steps away from you, smirking. “Also, you should know that we have a visitor.”

            You nod as you shake off the slight pain from your wrist, tugging down your sleeves to cover your quick wrapping, and watch your brother stride out of the room. Following him as he walks the tight hallway along the mats, you notice the class that was being taught at the time had stopped and everyone was huddled in a circle in the center of the mats. ‘The visitor is getting quite a bit of attention…’ Stepping closer, you try to see pass everyone to get a view of who it could be. Even the wall of mirrors behind them could grant you no hint. A sudden break in the crowd grants you a quick view.

            As soon as the gap formed in the group, the visitor’s eyes flicker up towards your direction, locking eyes with you. The dark, sharp eyes make your breath hitch for a split second before you decide to break the hold, sweeping your eyes down his nose and stopping on his angular lips. You watch his lips turn up into a sweet, but nervous smile while you feel your heart leap, forcing you to look away and up towards the obnoxiously bright red stripped walls.

‘Tao?’

            Puffing out your cheeks, you shake your head slightly to snap yourself out of your surprise as the attractive boy disappears from view once again. You hear him call out your name while trying to push out from the crowd that was flooding him, but you had already turned around and was heading towards the exit, hoping you could leave before he freed himself. ‘Why is he here? Isn’t he supposed to be in South Korea?’ you ask yourself, pushing through the swinging exit doors. You feel a sudden, sheering pain radiating from your wrist, causing you to stop halfway out the doors.

            “BaoYu? It’s you, right?”

            You spin around to see Tao holding onto your wrist, his face lighting up excitedly as he sees your face. “It is you!” he yells out, his shy smile growing happily. You bite your lip to hold back from responding to the pain in your wrist, scrunching your nose at him in an attempt to show him your displeasure. When he wasn’t getting the clue, you smack his hand from your wrist with your free hand and glare at him. “What.” You impatiently huff at him.

            “We’ve come back to promote in China and we were allowed to visit! And I wanted to see you.” He explains excitedly, unaware of your deepening glare until you shake your head at him angrily.

            “Wrong person to come see.” You turn to try to leave once again, only to run into something you didn’t realize was behind you, making you gasp.

            “That’s rude…” The voice exclaims, crossing their arms while you rub your nose. You stare up at a tall, brassy haired, pretty man whose thick eyebrows were knitted together in disbelief. He scowled down at you before you notice 4 other pretty boys looking around him to see what’s happening.

            “A-are these your group-mates, Tao?” You hear your brother brush past Tao and pull you away from the tall boy.

            “Ah, yes, this is…” he begins. Looking down as he thinks, he glances at the others and then at you, adding, “Kris, it isn’t her fault. I sprung this meeting on her, she has a right…”

            “A right? A right to what?” Kris asked angrily, scoffing over at you. You push from your brother’s grip, bumping passed Kris roughly in anger as you leave the group behind, completely done with this ‘surprise visitor.’


----

 

             Not wanting to get out of bed, you turn over under your warm blankets before a sharp pain jolts you up. You sigh heavily as you inspect your wrist. It hasn’t seemed to have gotten better, it's possibly gotten worse. Rubbing it softly and rolling out of bed, you sigh. ‘So, yesterday was real after all…’ You slowly walk out to the living room of your apartment, plopping down on your sofa before you glance about the room.

             The room was open and light, almost airy feeling. It often relaxed you after long days in the dojo practicing to just come home to an open, clean space. Your eyes dance along the small glass coffee table and up around your T.V. set up across from you. As your eyes continue to sweep along your furniture, you spot a picture in the corner, one of you and Tao that was taken years ago, a year before he left. You nibble the inside of your lip as you recall the memories it suddenly brings you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~

Ah yes, end to chapter 1. It's rather short, I know! I'll hopefully make chapter 2 a bit longer ^^

Thank you for reading! I really appreciate it~ Please leave comments too, tell me what you think!

I'll update soon!