Heartbreak

Drabbles

 

Heechul ran a hand through his dark brown hair, it perfectly landing back into place as his rubbed the back of his neck.  He glanced at his phone and swore when he saw no new messages.  He had been stood up by his boyfriend for the third time this week, with no word until the next day with a sorry excuse for why he never showed.  He flipped his phone opened and sent out a quick text to his now ex-boyfriend.

Heechul looked around the restaurant and his eyes landed on the bar.  He wasn’t much of a drinker, but this night called for it.  Even though he hadn’t had any dinner, he still made his way to the bar and ordered a vodka without ice.  He down the shot quickly and motioned for another one.

While he was busy downing his third shot, he didn’t notice the body sitting down next to him.  The man with soft chestnut hair stared at Heechul as he motioned for a fourth shot.  The bartender hesitated before he poured him another, passing it to him.

“Maybe you should slow down?” The chestnut man asked, eyeing the dark brown boy.

“Mind your own business,” Heechul muttered as his vision blurred.

“I can’t,” the man flashed a smile, a dimple forming at the side of his mouth.  “I’ve seen you in here before, looks like you’re always waiting on someone.  My name is Leeteuk.  What is your name?”

“Shut up,” Heechul said, motioning for another drink.

“I think you have had enough, at least on an empty stomach,” Leeteuk said as he shook his head toward the bartender and placed a hand onto Heechul’s shoulder.

“Get off of me, I’ll do what I want,” Heechul tried to push Leeteuk’s hand off of him, but the motion made him almost fall out of his chair.

Leeteuk grabbed him quickly, holding him up.  Either from being drunk or keeping in his emotions from being hurt by someone he trusted, Heechul felt the tears start to sting the side of his eyes.  Leeteuk’s embrace was tight but gentle and Heechul felt himself crumble into a crying heep in the older arms.  He didn’t know why he did, since I had never met the stranger before but he felt safe, a different type of safe then he ever had in his boyfriend’s arms.

Leeteuk hugged him and rubbed his back softly.  He smiled a bit and before Heechul knew what was happening, he found himself in a stranger’s house, lying on the couch, the sun peeking in through the curtains.

“What happened?” Heechul asked sitting up slowly, pain shooting through his head.

“You had a break down,” Leeteuk said, handing him a glass of water, sitting next to him.  “Don’t worry, I didn’t touch you.  I know heartbreak when I see it, though.”

Heechul stared at Leeteuk, his eyes were kind and he seemed nice.  Maybe getting stood up a third time wasn’t such a bad thing after all.