Puppy Love

That Guy Named, Kim Jong In

 

 

 

Every teenager wish to have a guy who can make her feel happy and contented.

A guy who can accept her with all her flaws, who can call her beautiful in her worst days.

A guy that will pull her into a hug whenever she feels sad and will lend her, his shoulders for her to cry on everytime she feel frustrated.

A guy who can laugh with her even if her jokes are lame, who can play and fool around with her as if they were best friends but still treats her as his life.

A guy that can love and cherish her forever.

I know, this might sound like I'm a Damsel in Distress, but, I fell in love with the opposite. Well, nobody's perfect. Loving is not just all about chocolates, flowers and unicorns.

When you deeply fall in love, even if he has his own flaws you always see it as attractive. It’s funny right? I find him perfect even if he always pushes me away from him, and even if he breaks my heart countless of times.

 

❤❤❤❤

I deeply fell in love with him when I was 14. He has that strong aura that make him look so amazingly gorgeous. He has this big tantalizing eyes that can make my heart flutter everytime he looked at me. He loves dancing more than anything else in this world.

He is also that guy who has these cheeks that turn into crimson red everytime I make him angry and annoyed. He always make fun of how short I was, how I'm not that skinny compare to other girls in our class in high school, he always flicked my forehead without any reason. 

He is that guy who throw my little puppy love away, when we are on our elementary days.

It is funny how this love starts at a young age, I often laugh at myself realizing that little stupid crush turns out to be an unrequited love.

 

I remember it all started when we're both eight.

 

I have this little crush on my mom's god-child, Kim Jongin or Kai as we call him, at a young age he is a good looking kid, even our teacher liked him very much because he's cute and polite, his mom always picked nice and neat clothes for him that really compliments his cuteness. While I, on the other hand, was the spoiled one. My mom always put my hair into ponytails everytime I go to school, I'm always clean, and I sometimes use my mom's perfume everytime she's not looking, many kids love to be one of my friends but then, I just wanted Kai.

 

Kai is quite intelligent when we were both young, I really adore him because he's always at the top of our class and he really get along well with everyone except me, he often look at me like I'm an alien, but because I had this hugr crush on him, I never asked why he's looking at me that way. I thought maybe he's just shy to talk and play with me.

 

"Rin, Let's go," Mom said as she opens the door and wake me up, out of my reverie. I slightly nodded as I stood up. I flattened the dress that I'm wearing as I headed outside.

 

I don't know what comes to my little stupid mind that one fine sunny day when I was a kid – I have this urge to tell him that I like him. As a kid I thought Kai was my prince charming and I was one of the princesses in fairytales, happy and positive that he will like me back. It was the end of our class that day and we're waiting for our Moms to fetch us from school. My brother Taemin and Kai’s cousin Luhan were playing in the field, while the two of us were sitting at a bench, as we watch them play. Kai was really engrossed by just watching them, and he didn't even bother to look at me, so I tugged at his shirt as I smiled at him. Kai looked at me with a puzzled face and then he frowned.

 

"Hey Kai, I'm pretty right?" I asked him, He just looked at me with a blank expression as he looked back at our brother/cousin who were playing in the field.

 

"Kai~!" I said as I tugged on his shirt again.

 

"What?!" he asked, seems annoyed.

 

"I'm just asking you if I'm pretty, because you know – I kind ‘a like you.." I said bravely.

 

"I don't like aggressive and conceited girls," he said with a smugged face as he stood up and walked away from me, away from that little puppy love that I have for him. I cried really hard as my Mom arrived and noticed me, asking what happened. I didn't tell her anything, I just cried a river. That was my first little heartbreak as a child, and as a child I learned that not all princesses in story books and fairytales are real with their prince charming loving them. It was just made out of the illusion of being loved.