Voiceless

Voiceless

 "Alright! That's enough for today," Jooseob looked over at the oldest member who seemed out of it after their rehearsal. "Kim Junsu, come over here. The rest of you may leave." With his dismissal, the rest left while Junsu walked quietly over to his manager. "Look. I can't have to going through each rehearsal like this. It's been a month, Junsu. You dance great, don't get me wrong, but I can't have a main vocalist not sing." The younger of the two nodded, but said nothing. "I was fine with the first two rehearsals, but now this is just getting ridiculous. And you don't even talk when you're being spoken to. What? Cat got your tongue?" How Junsu wanted to say 'yeah, an okcat got my tongue' but he just couldn't. His voice wasn't there anymore.


   A month ago ...


 Junsu rushed back to their new dorm from vocal practice with a huge grin on his face. He had the entire evening planned out. Get back to the dorm, change into some better clothes, and go out with Taecyeon to go see a movie and maybe a nice dinner for their two year anniversary. He couldn't believe it had been two years already. The older wanted to make sure it was perfect. 'I'm sure he's going to enjoy this!' he smiled to himself, walking up the door and opening it. "Taecyeon-ah~ I'm back!" Junsu shouted, which echoed right back. That surprised him; wasn't he in the dorm? He knew that the others were out doing their own thing, or so he thought. Junsu shrugged and started walking towards the hall with all of their rooms. Taecyeon's door was open just a crack which made the older even more curious. Either it was shut all the way or opened all the way.

 "Taecyeon? Are you even in--" Junsu's eyes widen as he pushed the door open a little more. All he could see was clothes thrown on the ground and two figures on his boyfriend's bed. The vocalist's hands shot up towards his face to cover his mouth. Taec looked over at his door when he heard a questioning voice and the door creaking. "Jundyu... I... I was going to tell you eventually, but..." Taecyeon started. Junsu shook his head, trying to deny everything in front of him. He backed away and dashed back to the front door, wanting to away fast. His running halted immediately when he crashed into another member that just came back, knocking them both backwards.

 "A-Aish, hyung... What's the hurry? Did you forget to buy those movie tickets for your date night?" His victim, Chansung, stood up, rubbing his back a bit. "Never seen you run so fast."

 Junsu got back on his feet, saying nothing while walking calmly to the door and opening it.

 "Hey! I'm talking to you, Kim Junsu! What's the rush?!" The maknae reached a hand out and grabbed the older's shoulder, pulling him back slightly.

 The vocalist turned around to stare at Chansung right in the eyes. The younger could sense something wasn't right with his hyung. There was something... sad about his gaze. Junsu gently raised his arm and pointed over at their rooms. Chansung blinked, looking over at the hall. He didn't get what the older was trying to tell him.

 "Hyung, what's over there? Is there a spider or something in your room?" Chansung was clueless; it's not like he could read minds. All he could do is walk over to where Junsu was pointing at with such a sad look. It didn't take him long at all to realize what exactly was going on. He walked back over to the quiet vocalist, returning the same look.

 "I'm really sorry, hyung..." The younger said for a lack of words. He knew saying sorry wasn't going to cut it, but that's all he could muster up. Junsu just nodded weakly, turned back around and headed out the door; slamming it behind him.


   Back to the present ...


 After the little meeting with his manager, Junsu rejoined the other members outside, who were waiting for him. Junho smiled, slapping the older's back. "What took you so long? I thought you was never going to get out!" That seemed like the perfect timing for someone else to chime in. "No kidding! We was all going to just go and get something to eat without you!" Wooyoung added, laughing quite loudly. Junsu just shrugged lightly. It went silent again. Everyone knew what was going on by now, maybe not the entire story, but they knew that their vocalist wouldn't talk. The only one who knew everything was Chansung. Even Taecyeon didn't realize he was the reason behind his ex-boyfriend's lost voice.

 "Okay! Let's go get something to eat." Nichkhun broke the silence. Everyone nodded and started walking towards the nearest restaurant. Junsu fell to the back of the group, walking at his own pace. The maknae realized this and stopped walking, waiting for the older to catch up. When Junsu finally got to where Chansung was at, the younger continued walking. It didn't bother Junsu at all since Chansung had been being nice to him every since that rude awakening of a break-up. Chansung would treat him to lunch once in a while, along with taking walks with the older so he wouldn't do something he regretted and just being there as support. He enjoyed when the maknae was around him. It made him feel better, even if he didn't voice it. They were both falling more and more behind their members, their pace gradually slowing down. The younger grabbed onto his hyung's hand with a frown, stopping them in their tracks.

 "Look... It's been about a month since that happened... I know it's hard, but you have to let go. You're only hurting yourself, hyung..." Junsu looked down at their hands for a while. "Hyung... You're risking your career for such a stupid reason. Don't you love music...? And singing?" Chansung sighed softly, turning to face him. "This isn't like you, being all quiet. Where's the loud Junsu everyone knows? The Junsu who sings with such a wonderful voice?" The vocalist shook his head, words still not being able to be voiced. He continued to look blankly at their hands.

 This was getting irritating for the maknae; he wanted answers. Chansung released Junsu's hand and grabbed onto his face, holding it up so he could look directly into his eyes. "Junsu. I don't like seeing you like this. I just want you to move on and be happy. I would say look at Taec hyung, but... he's not such a good example..." Junsu placed both of his hands on top of Chansung's lightly. It wasn't like he wanted to be like this. He hated the way he was. "I know it was supposed to be an important day for the both of you, but you just have to let it go, alright? I'm sure there is someone else out there that will make you even happier than him." He smiled. When the younger was about to put his hands back down, Junsu`s hands gripped onto his almost instantly. This puzzled the maknae greatly, he never had this kind of response from his hyung before. He tilted his head a bit, looking at the vocalist with a confused look. Junsu moved their hands back down, not loosening the grip any. "Hyung...? I don't understand what you are trying to tell me..." Chansung frowned, hating not being able to tell what is going through the older's mind. "I wish you would talk or someth--" He was cut off by the sudden tug on his hands, pulling him down slightly into a heated kiss. Junsu quickly wrapped his arms around the maknae's neck, pulling him even closer. Chansung's eyes widened with confusion, pushing Junsu away gently after a moment.

 A light blush formed on the younger's cheeks. "H-Hyung... I... ..." He was at a lost for words. No one had ever done that to him in his life; especially a guy. It's not like he didn't want to be kissed, but it was so sudden. Junsu looked at him, his gaze was soft compared to how his gaze had been. Chansung shook his head slightly, trying to understand what exactly was trying to be portrayed here. Of course Chansung had been concerned for his hyung after his break-up, trying to be there for him as much as possible. He just wished that the older could speak so he could understand. Junsu closed the gap between them again, pressing his lips against the other's again, this time much more gentle. The maknae was finally starting to catch on to what was happening. Chansung knew he had some feelings for his hyung, but he had no idea that they would be returned, which was why he didn't ever voice them openly. He thought that actions were enough. He was more than happy to return the kiss, wrapping his arms around Junsu tightly, staying like that until Junsu pulled away with a smile.

 Chansung stared at Junsu with wide eyes, followed by a soft smile. "You're smiling... I didn't think I'd ever see you do that again... I'm glad you are able to smile again..." Junsu's smile widened. "... You helped me smile again, Chansung. Thank you." The younger blinked, surprised by the sudden voice that came from the vocalist. Junsu was also surprised by his voice. "You can even talk again!" Chansung laughed at his hyung's expression. Junsu laughed alongside him before hugging the maknae tightly. "I didn't think I would be able to talk or sing ever again... I didn't even think I'd be able to smile again, either... Just the image of Taecyeon and that other guy... I can't get it out of my head..." Chansung rubbed his back gently with a soft smile. "I know... But, you are able to talk, sing and smile now. That means you are able to move on, hyung. And... I'm willing to help you move on. I know I might not be the best out there, but I know that I'll treat you much better than him, Junsu. I'll be there for you." Junsu broke the hug to look at Chansung with a smile. "I know. I wouldn't ask for anyone else but you. I love you, Chansung..." The younger returned the smile and kissed the older's forehead. "I love you, too."

 "What are you two doing all the way back there? Come on already! We're hungry!" A shout came from up ahead. The two of them just laughed and walked back to the group, hand in hand.