Seraphim

Immortality

The alleyway was shady and the gang members that inhabited it even more so. They were big, beefy men with knives and bats, yet the young man with blonde hair that strolled into their territory didn't seem the least bit scared. The men took one glance at him and laughed mockingly.

"This is who they sent?" one cackled, "He looks like a doll! Hey kid, get out before we break you!"

The blonde ignored him and continued his way towards the head of the gang, who was nearly laughing head off.

"Daeho is right. They sent you? The mighty "Baekyong" (white dragons) clan sent a kid to retrieve the USB that we stole?" he asked, incredulously.

Then, without a word, the young man chopped the leader's neck, knocking him out. The gang froze in shock for a moment, then burst in anger.

"Get him!" they yelled.

Immediately, the blonde whirled around to face them. He kicked a man square in the chest with a roundhouse kick and did the same to the one behind him. He then let out a storm of jabs and punches without a word. The men around him dropped, groaning and clutching their injuries. He then smirked and leaned down to face the man named Daeho.

"Like a doll, am I?" he asked, a faint accent in his speech, "Worry about yourself, weakling."

With that, he stepped on his head, nearly cracking the skull, and kicked him away like trash. Surveying the damage he had cost, the blonde man stretched.

"Where's the USB? The one you leeches stole from my father?" he shouted and one of the men coughed in shock.

"Y-You're the daejang's (leader's) son? The legendary Dragon of the West, Luhan?"

"Yeah, now where is it?" Luhan tsked, grabbing the other's neck and pulling him up, "or do you want to be beaten even more?"

"I-Its with the leader! Please don't hurt me!" he cried.

Luhan threw him to the ground and trudged to the leader, who was on the ground, knocked out. The blonde threw him a disgusted glance before reaching down for the fallen USB next to him when the leader suddenly rose and punched him. Luhan staggered, but managed to recover his balance. Blood trickled down his left cheek and he quickly swiped at it.

"You son of a !" he yelled as he forcefully kicked the smirking leader's side.

With a bloody cough, the man went down.

Luhan spat at him before quickly grabbing the USB and turning away. One of the fallen men slowly stood up and flicked out a pocket knife. He dashed for Luhan's unprotected back when the blonde quickly dodged him. He grabbed the man's arm and stepped on it, breaking it with a sickening snap. The gang member shrieked in pain and dropped the knife.

"Don't mess with the Baekyong, you worthless ants," Luhan said, applying more pressure on his foot, "or you'll deal with the Dragons."

With that, he left the dark alleyway without a trace.

 

~

 


"Dad, Jaehun-ah!" The thin boy called, "I'm heading to school!"

His father and brother rushed out in an apron and smiled, handing his son his lunch.

"Have fun and learn a lot, pumpkin!" he chuckled.

The son nodded and pat his younger brother on his head.

"Listen to Dad while I'm gone, ok? Remember to protect him from bad people, kiddo." he smiled.

Jaehun nodded, brightly smiling.

"Okay, Sehunnie-hyung! I'll be Daddy's knight in glowing armor!" Jaehun laughed, striking a pose.

"It's knight in shining armor, Jaehun!"

Laughter echoed off the house's warm yellow walls as Sehun turned to leave for school.

 

~

 

"How's Kyungsoo-sshi?" Baekhyun asked as he snacked on a cookie.

Sehun raised an eyebrow at his close sunbae.

"Since when have you been calling my dad by his given name, Baekhyun hyung?" he asked.

The other shrugged, "Your dad's too young to be called Mr. Do. He's only, what, 28?" the other shrugged, "Plus, he told me I could."

Finding the answer adequate, Sehun nodded and continued to walk through the crowded hallway. Suddenly, a pang of nausea and dizziness hit him. Sehun staggered.

"Hun-ah!" Baekhyun gasped as the 10th grader tripped forward, "Sehun!"

The world dimmed and the last thing that Sehun remembered before passing out was hitting a soft, warm wall.

 

~

 

Tao looked at Luhan in shock. They were passing through the hallways discussing gang issues when a boy suddenly fainted on Luhan. A rather popular junior, Byun Baekhyun, snatched the boy from Luhan's arms and frantically called someone.

"Kyungsoo sshi? It's me, Baekhyun. Sehun, he fainted again. Please come and hurry!" he fretted on the phone.

Mumbling a quick thank you to the dumbstruck Luhan, Baekhyun motioned to carry Sehun to the clinic when a strong hand stopped him.

"Um...if you want, I could carry him..." Luhan suggested, "it looks like you have enough on your hands with calling his parents and stuff."

Baekhyun stared at him in shock, then in gratitude.

"Thank you so much! I'd definitely appreciate that!" He said, hurrying off to the clinic ahead of the others.

"Dude," Tao cleared his throat, "you hate helping people! What's up with you?"

Luhan scooped the unconscious Sehun into his arms and sped to the clinic with Tao tailing him.

"I've never helped a random kid, yeah, but then again, I've never seen someone that looked so angelic before." Luhan murmured.