Don't Go

Don't Go.

Ryeowook woke up with a start, gasping suddenly.  He looked around the bedroom and tried to catch his breath.  He had had another bad dream.  It would always be the same nightmare over and over again.  He always dreamt that his boyfriend, Yesung, had gotten killed in battle by an enemy soldier.  He hated thinking such thoughts but it couldn’t be helped, it was Yesung’s turn to leave for the army soon and Ryeowook just couldn’t bear the thought of being separated from his boyfriend for a whole 2 years. 

He turned his head to the side to see a worried Yesung staring back at him.  Seeing that he had woken up his boyfriend, he shifted onto his side to face the older.

“What’s wrong Wook? Did you have another bad dream or something?” He asked concerned while reaching out to Ryeowook’s soft, delicate face.

“No, it was nothing Sungie, go back to sleep; sorry I woke you.” Ryeowook assured, but his face said so otherwise and Yesung saw right through the lie. 

Yesung wrapped his arms around Ryeowook and pulled the smaller closer to his body, holding the other tightly before closing the small distance between their faces.  The kiss was slow and sweet, but as much as Ryeowook was enjoying it, he pulled away after a few short seconds. 

This made Yesung even more worried, usually Ryeowook loved it when he kissed him and almost always, the kisses would lead to something even more special. 

“Now you really got me worried Wookie, you love it when I kiss you.” He said, running his fingers through the younger’s silky hair.

All Ryeowook could do was sigh.  He would miss this, a lot. 

But he still refused to tell Yesung the reason why he was acting like this; he didn’t want the other to worry since he knew the older already had a lot on his plate.  They both had been especially busy as of late with K.R.Y promotions, Yesung always being at Mouse and Rabbit all the time, and Ryeowook doing Sukira every night.  They hardly had time for each other anymore and whenever they did get to spend a rare moment together, like right now, Ryeowook would be sure to treasure every minute of it since he knew that there would only be so many of these blissful moments together left. 

“I don’t really want to talk about it right now.” Ryeowook said sadly, trying to look anywhere other than his boyfriend’s eyes.

“Alright, when you are ready, I’ll be right here by your side ready to listen.” Yesung reminded the younger with a small smile, which made Ryeowook’s lips turn up slightly. 

“Now do you want to go downstairs and watch a movie to get your mind off of whatever’s bothering you?” The older proposed, to which Ryeowook nodded eagerly, mood immediately changing for the better.  He loved cuddling on the couch with Yesung while watching a good movie.

“What movie do you want to watch, angel?” He asked Ryeowook once the two were downstairs.

The younger smiled and blushed, even after being together for so long he still hadn’t gotten used to the sweet, not to mention cheesy, nicknames Yesung liked to give him.   

“Surprise me.”

So, Yesung popped in a random DVD and went to join his boyfriend on the couch.  They got into their usual movie watching position with Ryeowook sitting between Yesung’s legs and leaning against the older’s strong chest.

As the movie began, Ryeowook felt a pair of strong arms wrap around him, to which he smiled and snuggled a little bit more into Yesung’s chest.

It wasn’t until the title, Dear John, popped up on the screen that Ryeowook realized what movie they were watching. 

Really? Out of all the movies that they had, Yesung had to pick that one?   The movie was supposed to help him forget about his worries, not remind him of them.

Regardless, Ryeowook tried to relax and enjoy the movie, but the further they got into the movie, the harder he realized it really was to concentrate.

It got so bad that Ryeowook felt himself start to shake and he also felt tears start to roll down his cheeks. 

Of course Yesung noticed that something was off even if he was focused on the screen.  He paused the movie and looked down to see his boyfriend a crying, shaking wreck.

He turned the younger around to face him before gently wiping the tears as they came down.  The alarmed Yesung tried to do everything he could think of to try and calm Ryeowook down, but no matter how many comforting words he said, Ryeowook would just cry harder.  So, Yesung simply gathered the crying boy in his arms, letting the younger let everything out.   

Eventually, Ryeowook calmed down and only soft sobs could be heard and that was when Yesung decided to ask what was bothering his angel so much.

“Shh, calm down and tell me what’s bothering my Wookie bear so much.” Yesung tried, knowing that the younger loved being called that.

Ryeowook looked up and stared into Yesung’s deep eyes before whispering in a small voice, “I don’t want you to leave.”

Yesung looked down at Ryeowook, confused at what exactly he meant by leaving.  As far as he was concerned, he wasn’t going anywhere anytime soon.

“What do you mean Wookie?” He inquired.

Ryeowook took a deep breath before saying, “The army Yesung, I don’t want you to go.”

As soon as he said that, Yesung finally understood.  That would explain his boyfriend’s recent odd behaviour and the nightmares. 

After a deep sigh, he cupped Ryeowook’s face in his hands and said, “Look Wookie, I don’t want to go either.  Do you think I really want to be away from you for so long?  Of course I don’t, I can’t even go a day without having you by my side.  You’re my everything.  But, I don’t really have a choice, I have to go whether I want to or not.  But I can promise you that I will never, ever forget you, and if you’re willing to wait for me, I promise that I’ll make up for the time that we lose.”

Ryeowook took a minute to take in all the sincere, loving words before smiling a bit.  He felt a little better after that, at least he knew that Yesung would still be there for him even after 2 years apart. 

“Promise?” He asked Yesung in a small voice.

Yesung smiled down at him and after leaning down for a quick peck, he nodded. 

“I was planning to do this closer to the time, but it wouldn’t hurt to give it to you now.” Yesung said after a comfortable moment of silence. 

He reached into his pant pocket and pulled out a silver chain with a charm in the shape of a Y dangling on the end of it.  It was simple and subtle, yet perfect.

“I got this so that you would always have something to remember me by.” Yesung said softly before putting it on the younger. 

Ryeowook looked down and admired his new necklace before beaming up at his boyfriend, “I love it Sungie, thank you.”

Yesung mirrored Ryeowook’s beam and leaned down to whisper in the younger’s ear, “You know I’d do anything for you.”

The couple spent the next few minutes in silence with Yesung hugging Ryeowook to his chest while his hair in a comforting manner.  Ryeowook sighed after a while, still a little sad that Yesung would eventually have to leave, “I just don’t want to say goodbye Yesung.” He said, looking down in his lap.

The older took Ryeowook’s small hand in his and put it on the Y charm that was resting on Ryeowook’s chest, as if reminding him.

“You’ll never have to.”


OTL I haven't written in so long..I'm so sorry you guys, I've just been soooo busy.  Hope you enjoy this, it was just a little idea that popped up into my head this morning.

 

Thanks for reading and comments are always apperciated <3

Enjoy!