The Beginning to the End

The Destined Fate (HAITUS)

*rings the doorbell*

 

Hi! You must be the new student right” Aliee asked!

Yes, indeed, if this is room number 23! Then I’m sure I’ve arrived at the right place. Oh Yeah! I’m Luna by the way.”

Come in then, why are you waiting by the door? Let me help you with your stuff.”

I walked in gently all nervous and embraced up in my hoddie, it was terrifying, and this is actually my first time ever moving away from home! All alone!

I’ll show you to your room first so you can put away your luggage, after that I will give you a tour around the dorm. If that’s okay with you” Aliee questioned.

I was taken to my room. It was pretty big for me to be honest but I still preferred the size of my own bedroom back home. I gently took my luggage upstairs and placed it on the side of the room against the wall. The dorm wasn’t that bad as Aliee took me around, it was rather reasonable for us three; well I hadn’t met the third dorm member yet. But it looked pretty comfortable. There was only one concern; ‘what if I’m not able to settle in properly? What if I’m not able to mingle in with the other two? They did turn out to be older than ME.’ This was the only thought that I had all day. Well, my first arrival was pretty welcoming from Aliee, she seemed friendly and rather nice, a 23 year old girl (three years older than me), well dedicated in her studies. She seemed to have an interest and a successful career plan going on there.

After the tour around the reasonable sized dorm of ours, we sat down in the common room. With refreshments and the patio door open. The patio doors lead to a balcony on the 25th floor, it was pretty high up, and you could see some surroundings around the flat. The weather was nice and cool in Seoul. Not to hot and not too cold. The night was clam and very relaxing.

While sitting down and chilling on the couch in the living room the front door opened , and in came in a tall girl but with a reasonable height, she seemed like she had a very hectic day.  She came in…

Hi guys, I’m going to sleep, see you in the morning” I found it dead strange. It was like… she was used to the fact that with two people have been sharing the room with her. She didn’t really ask or say anything and just went to her room. Once she left, I asked Aliee who she was.

Oh, sorry for not introducing her but she is Zin, who is 24 years old.”

“Oh so is she older than us? So how long has she been in uni for?”

“Erm.. I don’t know but she’s in the last year of her uni and will be having her graduation and degree this year”

“Do you know her plans after her graduation?”

“Nope, not really all I know is that she shall be leaving Seoul”

“Oh, are you even close to her and stuff, like it seems like you don’t get along with her or something? Don’t take it offensive, you do know I’m just asking?”

“yearh!, of course what’s wrong in asking , but Zin can be a very simple girl at first, but hey! Once you get to know her she’s not bad you know.”

I just didn’t know what to say then, there was that awkward silence until..

I guess it quite late now, I suggest you to go to sleep. Goodnight!”

“Okay! Goodnight!”

“Oh wait if you need me just knock on the door and consider the room your own don’t be afraid, there no ghost in the dorm!”

Teeheehee she laughed. That laugh was quite awkward and creepy.

“There food in the kitchen if you’re hungry and there’s a bathroom inside your bedroom. Okay! Goodnight!”

“Yes, I’ve understood Goodnight and sweet dreams!”

 

The sun shone through the window in my room, despite the curtains being closed. I tried opening my left eye slightly, until then I realized it’s actually 9am in the morning, DAMN! I am late?

Right that minute I jumped out of bed and rushed to the bathroom, had a shower and got dressed. Today was Saturday, I was hoping to settle in and mingle in with Zin a bit more today, Aliee was already nice and easy to become friends with. So I wouldn’t worry about her.

So the day went on smooth, the good thing was that all three of us were home which made it easy for me to understand how things are done and the way they work. I settled in quite quick to be honest, including grooming my bedroom, and neatly setting out the cloths in my wardrobe. My bedroom looked pretty cool everything was set out neatly and uncongested.

Monday 9th March 2011 06:20am

I spent my morning talking over the phone to my parents back home, as it was 11 in the night; I was missing them a lot, never the less I managed to settle in. So there was no reason for them to worry. It was a ‘Daebak’ experience so far, never have I travelled alone to anywhere else before Speaking to them over the phone actually made my morning brighter. The weather was calm and nice as well. The incalescence of the breeze was not too cold or neither was it too hot.

The other girls woke up at 07:00am so I decided to prepare a full on English breakfast for them, bacon with baked beans and courgettes, mushrooms and tomatoes. After breakfast they kindly complimented and then we all left for out lectures. It was my first day in my first year, I was nervous but I’m sure I would tackle the day, after all dad always said one thing, it’s not wrong to be scared, in fact it’s natural at first, but then we have to overcome that fear with courage. My two new dorm mates treated me like their younger sister, especially Aliee, she showed me around as we were early. I wasn’t alone there were many other students from other parts of the world.

The best thing about uni was that our timetable were almost alike each other, but of course different subjects, and lecture halls but in time wise they were almost identical to each other. Well Zin wasn’t since she had extra classes, to help her achieve her degree. 

First day at uni was good and ran smoothly. We came home then refreshed up ourselves and set off to help each other cook in the kitchen. There was still that strange feeling around me. I’m not really complaining, both the girls were nice, but jenny seemed to treat me like she’s known me her ages. I don’t know why but I felt like I’ve seen her or known her through family but I don’t know in which way and how. Once we finished dinner, Zin stepped out of the house and said she would be back within two hours. Once she left I asked Aliee where she goes in the night.

I don’t know to be honest and it’s got nothing to do with me, Zin isn’t always open with everyone in fact, now that I’ve been with her for three years I’m used to it. I’d advise you not to worry so much about her.”

We randomly got engrossed in the news, well I was but Aliee was doing some work on her laptop. Once news finished we randomly started talking about our interests and hobbies. One of which came up to be music but ‘whoa’! we shared the same interest in that certain area. It was kpop of course. She was also YG biased which amazed me as I’m YG biased too, but her bias was myungsoo from infinite. 

So we spoke and stayed up till 09:30pm, we decided to sleep early as we had uni the next day again.

 

 September 2012

Woah! A year went by; I was well settled and preforming at good in uni. Life was good, but I a bit dry, I never had my younger sisters to come and disturbed me in my activities, my mom wasn’t here to confront me when I was stressed with all the work, I also miss her cooking. In this year Zin was supposed to be leaving the two of us. It didn’t feel awkward as I wasn’t close to her for the past two years. In fact she stayed a little longer than predicted but the good thing was she would go back home with a degree. I’m sure her parents will be proud of her and excited; in fact I couldn’t wait for the time when this sort of day will arrive for me. I’d love to go back home with a degree to surprise my parents with.

The year went really fast, there were just me and Aliee taking all the responsibilities of the dorm. Aliee’s lifestyle also changed she used to come back late, and keep her head down; you could clearly see she was dying for this degree in Journalism. This also meant that most the household was put over me but I didn’t mind, I did see how busy she was, never the less she did try helping if she had the time to.  

 

November 2012 (morning)

Hello! Beautiful girls all over the world I could be chasing but my time would be wasted they got nothing on you baby, they might say hi, I might say hey but you shouldn’t worry…..”

It was my phone of course some one thought it was fine to disturbed my beauty sleep you see. Oh well I rubbed my eyes open to answer the phone, it was my mom. I picked up with amazement; it had been a week since I had not spoken to her.

Me: hi mom, why this early anything wrong?

Mom: sorry baby hope everything’s fine! Guess what I have some news for you

Me: what is it?

Mom: your cousin is getting married, the one that escaped to Seoul four years ago, he came back with his girlfriend, and did you bump into him by any chance.

Me: nope! Mom why are you telling me this, you know I don’t get along with him, despite knowing the fact that I hate him and his sister and his parents, why are you telling me about them.

Mom: you might know his girlfriend she just got her degree a year ago, she’s moved to the UK with your cousin, her name is Zin!

When I heard the name Zin, and the fact that she’s been staying at the same dormitory as me, I sat up in bed all shocked. I wasn’t pretty sure if this was the Zin that I shared this dorm with.

I hung up the phone after the conversation and decided to get up and make breakfast. What my mom told me this morning did not really bother me. I’ve never had a decent relationship between my cousin after the age of 16, careless of what he does and what he done as well, I’m not really bothered. It was just like that I never got along with his side of the family once I started becoming wise. It’s always been their problem for hating on me for some reason, oh well!

Aliee woke up and was delighted to eat breakfast, as her timetable was different to mine she had to leave early and come back home whenever she was done. Although she was in her last year of university with so much stress and work piled up on her, she did not lose that relationship with me, she seemed like an older sister, so I was glad I was sharing a flat with her, and not some other chimpanzee.

I set out for university; it was a long day today so I had to stay till late, I told Aliee and informed her before she randomly decides to worry. I’m old enough to take care of myself to be honest, it wouldn’t have been the same if my parents were here they probably be calling me to find out if I’m okay every 20 minutes.

 

it was a cold night on the way home; the glare from the flat was like white dots plotted among the pitch black sky. you could literally feel winter just around the corner. i crossed the silent road, while i made my way over to the other side of the road, a car just leaped out to my right. just beofre i could make any slight movement, i hered a BIG BANG!! i dont know what happened to me. i landed on the ground with pain paralysing evey inch of my body. then all of a sudden... pictures of my ife precious moments were flashing just before my eyes and it went all pitch black.

 

I think i was Unconscious!

 

©Jellybaby25~StormHazel2255