MISTAKE

MISTAKE

 

Those eyes I never wanted to see again. How can I love someone like you.

December 15th

Will he like this? I said to myself

I think something is still missing. I can’t do wrong now. Everything should be special. It’s our third anniversary after all.

After doing some work. He is now contented with the result

Now one thing is still missing to complete this night.

After waiting for 1 hour, he decided to call his boyfriend. No one was answering. After a few minutes his boyfriend texted him.

To: Eunhyuk

I’m sorry babe, something came up I think I will be late for dinner.

From: Donghae

He texted back, though he was a bit disappointed.

To: Donghae

Its okay, I’ll just wait for you.

From: Eunhyuk

After waiting for about 3 hours now, he fell asleep on the top of the rooftop where they first dated, with the food on the table and wine in the bucket with melted ice.

It’s morning already. He was really disappointed and worried, he call and call Donghae but no one is answering ,so he quickly packed all the things and go home. He was at their apartment and still trying to contact him when he heard something. He checked what it is, and to his surprise he saw the scene he never wanted to happen. Donghae , kissing a girl passionately. They didn’t thought Eunhyuk was there and watching the scene. He dropped his phone and finally they stopped. Donghae looked at him with horrified eyes.

“Hyukkie.. I”

Eunhyuk then stormed out of the room. Donghae followed him but failed. He called Eunhyuk but he was not answering. When he was fixing his self to look for Eunhyuk he saw the necklace that was given by Eunhyuk for their first anniversary.

Flashback

“Wear this always.” Eunhyuk said while putting the necklace around Donghae’s neck.

“Why?”

Eunhyuk looked at him

“So that you will remember how much I love you even though I’m not right beside you sometimes.” Eunhyuk said, love can be seen all over him

“I love you.”

End of Flashback

Remembering those times he bursts out crying. How can I do this? He wore the necklace and decided to look for Eunhyuk.

It was dark and now he was really worried about him. He was still trying to reach him. He was still looking for him when suddenly someone called him. The name he was waiting to register in his cellphone.

“Hyukkie.. thank God you’re okay.. you..”

“Let’s talk. I’ll wait for you in that same place.” Donghae was about to answer when Eunhyuk hung up

That same place Donghae thought

 Our place, where our promises made

 He was so happy Eunhyuk called him, he will ask for forgiveness, and never let go of Eunhyuk.

Donghae was at the café they first met. Eunhyuk was at the place near at the window where they usually sit. Eunhyuk look sad that donghae didn’t want to see. He was so stupid to hurt this man.

Donghae sit in front of him.

“Hyukkie.”

Eunhyuk look up and saw the man he hated that time. He tried to smile to him.

“Sit.”

“Hyukkie let me explain.”

“No, don’t. I called you here to tell you that I am going.”

“What?! What are you talking about?” Donghae said this time he was angry at Hyukkie and most especially to himself.

“Do you remember the proposal they gave me? I accept it.”

What is that proposal?  Donghae thought. Eunhyuk saw the puzzled expression on Donghae’s face and laughed bitterly

“Bet if you still remember it, or even listening to it.”

“Please we can still fix this.”

“We can’t fix this Hae, there are some things that cannot be fix anymore.”

Donghae was dumbstruck he lost the guy he always treasured most. He can’t believe this is happening. He can’t believe it’s ending this way.

Eunhyuk for the last time, kiss him on the lips, a bitter goodbye. Donghae tried to hold onto the kiss but Eunhyuk really don’t want this anymore. They knew they were both crying and very sad about how they ended up like this.

“Please don’t let me go.” Donghae pleaded once more.

Eunhyuk kiss his forehead and left.

After 5 years they met again to a friend’s wedding.

“Hyukkie, how are you doing?” Donghae asked. He was really happy to see the guy he loved and always loved these past few years.

“I am actually doing great. Business is good. Everything is good.”

“Great..uhm” awkwardness filled them.

“How about you, how have you been?” Eunhyuk ask this time.

“I’m great.” Donghae smiled at him

“Did you end up with.. her?”

“Her? Aaah.. no. we didn’t talk since then.”

An awkward silence came again. Someone came up to them and held Eunhyuk on the waist and kiss his forehead. Donghae was a bit surprised and look at the guy.

“Hey babe, so you ready to go?” the new guy asked.

“Yeah” Eunhyuk look at him. The guy looked at him too.

“I think you should first introduce me to your friend here.” He sincerely smiled.

“Siwon this is donghae.. uhmm my good friend. Donghae this is Siwon my boyfriend.” Siwon offered his hand still smiling. Donghae took it and smiled half-heartedly.

“We should go Donghae. It’s nice seeing you again.” Donghae smiled and bow to the both of them. They do the same.

Donghae hold the necklace he was wearing right now and remembered what had happened five years ago.

With just one night, that mistake. I lost him. I lost everything.