Intruder

Intruder

You were sleeping peacefully, body sprawled all over the bed in a rather ungraceful way. Okay, sleeping without your boyfriend could be fun too. You had the bed all for yourself and never felt him push you back to your side. It was all yours for the night! After all, Joon had created the habit of sleeping at your place daily and thus avoiding to not seeing him for a week or longer. Even if he came home really late, it was better to see him for a few seconds than not seeing him at all. But because tomorrow’s recordings were closer to the dorm, he decided to stay there for once. You were on your own for the night. But it wasn’t that bad… right?

Calmly turning around in your sleep, your body became aware of the missing warmth the moment your face hit the cold mattress. Your eyes slightly fluttered open and closed again instantly. You regretted waking up, you were having a nice dream just now, but you couldn’t help missing Joon’s presence either the second you were reminded of his absence. You sighed loudly, turning around again… until a strange noise had you freeze in shock.

You kept your eyes closed; afraid of what was going on. You felt your heart drum against your chest while you tried to keep yourself from panicking. Did you only imagine that? Perhaps it was nothing more than your mind playing tricks on you. It could very well be a reflection of your consciousness, trying to show you how badly you missed Joon and just trying to give you a reason to call him. It was only then you realized your hand had already reached out to grab your phone from the night table. “no, no, no. everything is oka-“ you started to tell yourself, but you cut off your own words the moment you heard a bang in your living room. Oh my god.

Instinctively you had your phone clutched in your hand, ready to call the police if there actually was someone in there. Your mind went over the things that could fall down in your living room and cause a bang like that. It wasn’t particularly loud, so it wasn’t something big. Maybe the jacket you dropped on the kitchen chair? The stack of Christmas cards you had placed on the table? The empty bowl you had left on the coffee table? Those were reasonable possibilities… but would they really drop on themselves? Shaking quite terribly, you managed to get out of your bed. The cold hit you hard, but the fear you felt was enough to blur that all out as you made your way over to your door. It was a direct entrance to your living room; so whatever it was, you would spot it rather fast. You felt slightly silly how you were standing there with your blow-dryer in your hand. But it was the first thing you thought of that could function as a possible weapon.

Pushing open the door, you peered into the pitch black… nothing. You took a step into it, knowing that you could see your small kitchen from there. What you didn’t expect was a dark figure, towering over you the moment you looked to your right.

 

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” you screamed in panic while swinging your blow-dryer at the intruder. To your surprise he yelled too, even more so as you harshly hit him against the head with your weapon. A stream of adrenaline was flowing through your veins, taking control of your body and making you hit again. “Aaah! stop it! Stop it, jagi!!” he yelled. ‘Jagi?’ The very word was enough to bring you back to your senses in a flash. It was only then that your mind processed the fact that you knew that voice. Oh no.

Putting on the light, you instantly sank down next to the figure on the ground. He was holding his head, trying to shield himself from more blows. “J-J-J-Joonie?” you brought out weakly. It seemed that was enough of a signal for him to know he was safe again. He snuck a peak at you from under his bangs. “Are you okay?” you added immediately after, seeing how he seemed to regain his confidence now that you weren’t hitting him anymore.

“You hit me!” he said in such a shocked tone, he even surprised you. His eyes shot towards the device in your hands, connecting it all together. “You hit me with a blow-dryer! A blow-dryer?! Why on earth would you hit me with a blow-dryer jagiya!” he almost shouted, although it was mostly out of shock and confusion, rather than anger.  You felt a flash of guilt wash over you, but it was soon followed by slight annoyance…Annoyance at the reason why you had done it.

“Well you were the one to sneak into my house in the middle of the night!” you snapped back, watching his eyes widen at your reply. “To surprise you, yes!” he said. “Well you sure succeeded at that!” was your reply, folding your arms over each other in a stubborn way as you decided to lean against the wall next to you, just like him. There was a silence in which you assumed both of you were thinking over what the other just said. You found it cute how he wanted to surprise you, knowing that it probably was because he missed you. But seriously, how did he expect you to react? Did anyone not feel afraid when they heard someone sneak into their house in the middle of the night? “How could I know you would hit me…” he then mumbled, breaking the silence while he rubbed his head. A giggle escaped your throat.

It made him glare at you, which only caused you to laugh louder. “You think this is funny?” he brought out, watching you while you were giggling on and on. “Yes.” you replied, making him scowl at you even more. “It hurts!” he said, pointing at his head. Making a face, you rolled your eyes at him. “Oh come on, it can’t be that bad. I only hit you two or three times and it’s just a freaking plastic hair-dryer.” You grinned, lightly punching him on the shoulder. “Just a hair-dryer? I’ll show you what kind of hair-dryer it is!” he snapped, making you open your eyes in shock at his actions.  In a flash he had moved next to you to grab the device you were discussing. But that wasn’t all. He was rather fast and had the element of surprise; making it so that you could hardly fight back as he pushed you over, straddled you and plugged the device into the nearest electric socket he could find. You were now staring at your boyfriend, sitting on top of you with his so-called gun aimed at you while he held your wrists together with the other hand.

“Let’s see how many blows you can take.” He grinned; you noted the mischief in his eyes. “Joon, don’t b- pffthbllaaaa!” the sound that came out of your mouth the moment the stream of air hit you wasn’t human. You felt how it was pushing against your skin and making your hair fly around like crazy. You tried to wriggle yourself out of his grasp, but he was way too strong for that. You could only try and shake your head out of the stream. Useless efforts, really. But then it stopped. “Joon, I stop it!” you brought out, glaring at him as he was laughing his off. You figured you looked like a madwoman with your red face, haggard hair and striped pajamas. He clicked it back on, this time shooting a cold stream at your face that made you scream out in agony. “Stop it! Jebal! Stop iiitt!” you begged while shaking your head.  The moving was futile though, he never missed his shot. “Say you’ll be my nurse for the next week! Take good care of me to make up for the pain you caused me!” Joon said out loud between the noises of the hair-dryer. “Never!” you shouted back; refusing to give up so easily.

The air got warmer again, and this time he started to purposely shake it and aim it at your hair. Oh no, not the hair. There would be knots all over. “Not my hair pabo!” you yelled, trying to fight harder and harder. Unfortunately you didn’t even move an inch from his grasp. “Say it then.” His voice said in a sing-song-tune as he stopped the device and looked down at you. “Just saaaay iiit.” He repeated playfully; a smirk painted on his face. He knew you were going to cave.

You took a deep breath, knowing he was right. There was no way you would get out of this situation if you didn’t. You had to agree. And it wasn’t like being his nurse would be that bad. Logically you knew it contained a lot of benefits for you too. Joon had a thing for the old nurse-halloween costume you still had in your closet. So yeah, lots of ways to twist his request in a good way for you. But you perfectly knew he was also going to push it too far; making you work as his personal maid. And if you agreed, there was no going back… Both of you two knew the other would always keep their word.

“Fine. Okay. Fine. I promise.” You mumbled. “What was that?” he said; asking you to repeat it. “I said okay! I’ll be your nurse for the rest of the week!” you practically yelled, you saw his finger twitch at the ‘on-button’ of his weapon and didn’t dare do other than repeating it. “Good girl!” he replied, leaning forwards and pressing a light kiss to your lips before he released you and moved so that he sat down next to you again. You groaned loudly; getting up and readjusting your hair. “Ugh it’s all tangled now. Thanks a lot.” You complained, automatically pouting at him. He was still smiling. “Happy now? I’ll look like tomorrow morning because of this!” you added while glaring at him. You had an important meeting early in the morning and now it would take quite a while to fix this. “Don’t be ridiculous jagi.” He replied, making your glare even more intense. Was he serious? He knew how sensitive you were about this. You were about to say something to him about it; when he pressed his lips against yours again; surprising you. His lips were soft and honey-like, helping you to forget any issue you had right now. As he pulled back, a smile was still spread across his face as he caressed the side of your face with his hand. “You’re always pretty.” He said, making a smile grow wider and wider on your face until; “That being said, I’m quite hungry. Can my nurse make me some food?” he grinned slyly. Unbelievable.