Final

Still

Zhou Mi tilts his head to the sides a couple of times, hearing the somewhat comforting noise as his neck cracks, soothing out the knots and dull ache, as he walks back to the living room. "I finally got them to sleep." he says, crawling into the pillow fort before plopping himself down onto the wooden floor, patting at his spouse's exposed thigh.

"Next time, no more cake with candy." Kyuhyun says as he eyes the damage. It wasn't a very big mess but their sheets had a corner shoved into a drawer, another comer tied to a chair, to let it hang off the ground just slightly, hanging over their makeshift pillow fort, along with a small pile of pillows from their bedroom and the cushions on the couch, only allowing a minimal space inside for people.  There were toys and pieces of Lego lying around, and the last time that happened, Zhou Mi had managed to skid on a toy car, and crashed into Kyuhyun who was carrying piles of newly ironed laundry in his arms.

The elder male hums in response before he leans over to Kyuhyun and picks out pieces of confetti that was still stuck in his hair. "But it was fun." he mumbles, Kyuhyun's hair, before cupping the side of Kyuhyun's face, drawing imaginary circles with his thumb against Kyuhyun's jaw line, admiring the pink hue that had work its way up the apple of Kyuhyun's cheeks. "And..." Zhou Mi's voice drags on, dipping his head just a little as he leans closer and closer till their lips meet, their lips still fitting so perfectly after the many years of being together.

Kyuhyun shudders under Zhou Mi's touches, feeling Zhou Mi's hand move from his jaw to his chin, thumb gently rubbing at his lower lip, parting his lips almost obediently to accommodate Zhou Mi's tongue that was squirming its way past his lips. His body leans in unconsciously, like a force of habit, placing a hand at the side of Zhou Mi's neck, his free hand circling at Zhou Mi's knee as he deepens the kiss, enjoying the sensations of goosebumps breaking out of his skin when he feels their tongues brush.

A quiet, shaky breath is drawn out from Kyuhyun through his nose, which causes Zhou Mi to giggle that tinkling giggle that Kyuhyun finds so endearing and adorable against his lips, their mouths and tongue moving languidly, almost lazily against each other. Eventually they pull apart for air, both their chests rising and falling to let their lungs get their much needed fill of oxygen.

Both of them still breathless after a single kiss, after all these years.

The sight of Kyuhyun's reddened cheeks still makes Zhou Mi's heart swell with an unknown mixture, maybe of pride for making his spouse look like this or maybe adoration at how cute Kyuhyun looks, it makes Zhou Mi want to bite affectionately at Kyuhyun’s cheeks. Zhou Mi presses his forehead against Kyuhyun's, staring affectionately and intensely into the latter's eyes, his free hand moving to where Kyuhyun's hand is, running his fingers along the contours of Kyuhyun's knuckles, purposefully tracing the metal band on Kyuhyun's finger. "And...doesn't this remind you when I first asked you out?" Zhou Mi questions, absolutely loving the way Kyuhyun's eyes just twinkle with glee for a split second before he breaks their eye contact, looking at the mess once again, face flushing a deeper shade of red.

The day Zhou Mi asks Kyuhyun out they were at Zhou Mi's house while Kyuhyun's parents were away for a business meeting, the many pillows of Zhou Mi's bed piled up into a pillow fort, both of them under the blankets only allowing their heads and hands to poke out to play video games. It just happened out of the blue; when Zhou Mi just leans in to kiss Kyuhyun on those lovely shaped lips when the younger male looks his way, only lasting a few seconds. He remembers how fast his heart was pumping, that almost inaudible sound he hears when Kyuhyun sharply inhales before their lips meet, the way Kyuhyun's eyelashes felt against his skin. 

The awkward silence that hung in the air after that was unbearable, causing Zhou Mi to spill everything he wanted to say to Kyuhyun without making a single eye contact, simply looking around. Then the soft reply from Kyuhyun made him the happiest person ever.

"Did you ever think we were gonna end up like this?" Kyuhyun asks quietly, averting his eyes to the mop of Zhou Mi’s hair, rearranging his position to let Zhou Mi rest his head in Kyuhyun's lap, shifting his hands away from Zhou Mi's, only to allow their fingers to tangle, as he rocks back and forth in his spot.

"Not at all when we started, but then I started hoping, and now here we are, living together, married, two kids and a third on the way." Zhou Mi smiles, nuzzling his nose into Kyuhyun's growing belly, and it still makes Kyuhyun's heart palpitate and stomach do those weird flips. His hands threads through Kyuhyun's hair before trailing down the length of the younger's neck, lowering his head to meet Zhou Mi's tilted one. "Happy birthday Kui Xian, I love you." he whispers, earning a mixed incoherent noise from his spouse.

"I love you too." Kyuhyun manages to mumble out under his breath, rewarding him with a face full of teeth.

--End--


A/N:
- was originally Xiumin/OC, it was for a birthday present for my friend, but i edited to suit kyumi
- i love domestic fics