Chapter 1

Date Me, Teacher!

 

“DAAAAAMMMIIIIIIIT, MINHO!!” Jonghyun groans and pants hard as he shouts this out loud. His body filled with sweat, half-, and he throws his head back while he pours the cold water onto his sticky, hot skin. He paced around on the soccer field. All the players around him are also out of breath and exhausted as well. Some had their hands over their heads to control their breathing and others had their hands on their knees as they bent over. Minho, who was lying in the middle of the field, smirked and then extended his right arm outwards, making a circle in mid air with his fingers. His teammates knew what this meant, to run around the whole soccer field even though they had just finished a difficult and tiring drill.

 

Jonghyun calls him as the “Demon of Soccer” and his title has spread around the school because it seems as if he enjoys making them suffer, working them to the limit in such extreme weather. Although, he’s strict and scary, the soccer team hasn’t lost once since he’s been named captain and it’s probably because of all his intense trainings and practices that he guides them through.

 

“Tch, that bastard,” Jonghyun muttered under his breath and began to run. Jonghyun has been friends with Minho since middle school and has considered him as a respectable rival, even though he always loses against him. The blonde-haired boy smiles to himself as he thinks about how tomorrow is the day—the day they get to spin the bottle because Minho actually lost for once in his life.

---

Minho flips his cell phone open. New Text Message from Dog. Minho sighs, he was on the roof top by himself and he views the message. ‘The time is here! Come into the classroom now!’

 

He snaps his phone shut and leans against the fence, enjoying the cool breeze gently brushing against his face as he soaked in the peacefulness. But it’s all interrupted when his phone began to ring.

 

 “Hurry up! I know you’re just trying to chicken out!”Jonghyun’s voice screamed through the phone. “Come into the classroom immediately, mwuhahaha!” And with that, he hangs up. Minho shakes his head, why is he even friends with this weirdo? When he arrives into the classroom, Jonghyun and a couple of friends are gathered around Minho’s seat, waiting for him. The boys laugh as they set the empty water bottle down on the flat surface of the wooden desk. Jonghyun eyed Minho, who was sitting in the desk now, crossing his arm acting as if he didn’t even care he lost the bet.

 

“All right, Minho, no objections or complaints.” Jonghyun smirked, his hand on the plastic bottle. “Whoever it lands on is whoever it lands on, got it?” Minho sticks one of his hands out and nonchalantly says, “Well? You gonna spin it or what?”

 

“Tch, fine.” Jonghyun mutters in an annoyed tone. He had always hated Minho’s cool and cold self, so he was desperately hoping the bottle will land on someone who’ll crush his image. He spins the bottle hard and the group of guys who were surrounding the desk backed away. Who will it land on? As the spinning began to decease, everyone was beginning to get nervous and were anticipating where it would land—except for Minho, he really couldn’t care less, this was just a game to him after all.

 

Finally, when the bottle was about to come to its stopping point all heads turned to the upper left of the desk. The hottest girl in school was standing there, giggling as she spoke to her friends, all the guys standing had their mouths dropped thinking, could he get any luckier?! But right then and there, the class bell rang and the door, which was behind her, opened so she quickly sat down and the teacher came in… Mr. Lee.

 

All the guys’ eyes grew wide with shock as they gasped—even Minho was shock at this unexpected outcome.

 

“T-time for… Class… Everyone…” Mr. Lee nervously murmured, his lesson plans clutched tightly to his chest as he timidly stood at the entrance of the classroom. Not many of the students paid any attention to what he said, so they continued talking. Their teacher is young but he’s very shy and geeky looking. Everyone in the class thinks he’s plain and boring because of his appearance and soft voice, but no one disrespects him since they pity him for being such a hopeless teacher and all.

 

Minho looked down at the bottle. Jonghyun laid the side of his head against the desk, checking to see if the bottle was really pointing at their teacher. “Ha! It really is pointing at him!” He exclaimed, jumping up, he then gave his captain a mischievous smile. “So… You going to ask him out? You know what the stakes are.”

 

The boy in the desk rubbed the bridge of his nose as he let out a long sigh, of all the luck, it landed on a teacher—a male teacher. After a moment of silence, he looked up at the blonde male and softly replied, “Yeah, I’ll do it.”

 

The guys were shocked at his declaration. “A-are you serious?” Jjong stuttered.

 

“If I don’t do this, then I have to give up my position as captain and wear a dress out in public and shout out ‘I love Jonghyun, he can love me long time,’ right?” Minho looked up at his friend with cold, narrow eyes.

 

“Y-yeah…”

 

Someone began to whisper into Jonghyun’s ear, “This look bad, he seems serious. Won’t he get in trouble for asking a teacher out? Besides… It’s not like you really won or anything…” He whispered back so Minho couldn’t hear, “its okay. This is Mr. Lee we’re talking about. I mean, he can’t even harm an ant!” They both turned their heads towards their teacher.

 

“C-class… Please, take your seats!” Mr. Lee raised his voice a little higher, but no one paid any attention. Jonghyun and the guy nodded their heads in agreement, yeah, he wouldn’t get Minho in trouble. Moreover, it would look like a wolf trying to eat a baby sheep. Minho began to get annoyed, he sprang from his seat and slammed both of his palms against his desk and said, “Everyone, sit down! Class is starting.”

 

Everyone immediately took their seats; some of them apologize to Mr. Lee for not listening. Suddenly, the atmosphere seemed to be cold around Minho, he then pointed at Mr. Lee. “I need to speak to you after class.” The blonde haired teacher slowly pointed at himself, confused. “Yes, you, Mr. Lee.”

 

“O-okay…???” He pushed the frames of his glasses back up to the bridge of his nose. When Minho took his seat, he crossed his arms and closed his eyes, letting his head hang down to sleep. Mr. Lee heard the class room gossiping quietly amongst each other.

 

“What do you think the devil wants? Do you think he’s going to threaten Mr. Lee to change his mid-term grades?” One student whispered.

 

“I don’t know. Did you see what happened earlier with the bottle? What was all that about?”

 

“The soccer guys were probably doing something stupid again, Mr. Lee might be their next target!”

 

“O-okay, class… Please, settle down.” Taemin softly said. “I’m sure it’s nothing…”

 

Somehow, the class didn’t seemed to be so convinced, they had that look in their eyes that was saying, “fighting, Mr. Lee! Good luck!”

 

Mr. Lee has heard about some scary rumors about Minho, about how he’s a devil who loves torturing people and watching them suffer while he does nothing. How he plays with countless of girls and tosses them out like trash and how he always picks fights easily with his fiery, death-like glares. But Mr. Lee doesn’t think that way about his student at all, in fact, he believes that Minho is hard-working and caring, so he has nothing to be afraid of, right?

 

After class was dismissed, Mr. Lee began sulking at his desk. Once again, he was so nervous that he couldn’t write properly on the chalk board since he was shaking so much. He’s always feeling nervous in front of a crowd—he felt like crying, believing that he fails as a teacher but he can’t give up yet. Suddenly, a dark shadow cast upon him, he looked up and felt his heart jumping out. The soccer guys were at the door, watching Minho, he scowled at them and told them to get out and they all scattered away.

 

“Y-yes?” Mr. Lee squeaked. His nerves wouldn’t calm down since it looks like Minho is glaring at him. He almost forgot that this student wanted to speak with him, but about what?

 

“I know this is sudden but…” Minho spoke softly, his eyes still focused, staring through Mr. Lee’s lenses. “Date me, teacher.”

 

“…” Taemin blinked for awhile, at first he couldn’t believe what just came out of his mouth but the boy’s eyes were clearly telling him that this student was being completely serious. “E-eh?!”

 

“Did you not understand me, teacher?” Minho took his hands off the desk and stood straight. “I said go on a date with me.”

 

“I-it’s not good to play pranks, Minho.” He stammered. For some reason, he feels embarrassed of this boy’s bluntness.

 

“I didn’t say I was playing a prank.”

 

“Eh?! So… So you’re one of them?” Taemin blurted, he quickly cupped his mouth, regretting what he said. Will he be mad at him? Taemin could care less if Minho was gay, since teachers should be open about their students, but he was a bit shocked since he would have never expected this.

 

Minho let out a frustrated sigh. “No… I’m not gay but… You know what, whatever! So, are you going to date me or not?” Taemin saw that Minho was averting his eyes, he must be feeling embarrassed now.

 

“If you’re not gay… Then… Uh, you do realize that I’m a man, right?”

 

“Pft!” Minho smiled. “What kind of question is that?”

 

For second there, Taemin couldn’t believe what he saw; he took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. Did he really just see Minho smile? When Taemin was about to place his glasses back on, Minho stopped him and his face closed in.

 

“Hey, you look different without your thick glasses on.” Minho said softly, squinting his eyes to get a better look at his teacher. “Yeah, much cuter.”

 

Mr. Lee began to blush profusely, he jerked his hands away and put his glasses back and he whimpers, “I-I… H-How could you call a teacher cute like that? Don’t you feel embarrassed?” Minho was taken aback, he wasn’t expecting such a cute reaction from his teacher. Mr. Lee abruptly stood up and he gathered his things, his face still red as he began to walk out of the empty classroom. He stopped in his tracks and turned back around, “No more pranks and… And don’t forget the re-takes!”

 

Taemin began to feel satisfied, for the first time, he felt like he acted like a teacher scolding his student. But he couldn’t help think about why Minho would do such a thing like asking him out…

 

“Hmm…” Minho leaned back against the teacher’s desk. “He didn’t take me seriously at all… This is harder than I thought.” He begins to smile crookedly as he moved his hand across his teacher’s desk. I think I discovered something cute today though.

 

Meanwhile, Jonghyun was with the soccer squad, the ones who didn’t know about the bet asked Jonghyun what happened.

 

“Well, I made a bet with Minho, like the usual. And it was whoever scored higher on the mid-term test, and I did it!” He chuckled triumphantly, crossing his arms as he smiled smugly. His friends didn’t believe him, they laughed and said that he probably cheated! Jonghyun pursed his lips. “I did not! I really did win! He scored a zero on it because he didn’t even show up on mid-term day.” All his friends looked at him funny.

 

“Then… Doesn’t that mean you didn’t really win?” One said. The short boy pouted as he glared. “So? He got a zero on mid-terms, so even if he re-takes it, it’s not the ACTUAL mid-term. It’s the re-takes. So, see? I win.” His friends shake their head disapprovingly as they laughed, Jonghyun probably doesn’t even know what he’s saying anymore. But… Jonghyun knew the reason why Minho couldn’t make it to school on time that day, but that’ll be his little secret.