Surprising an Umma is Surprisingly Quite Hard

We MUST Make Umma Surprised, Araso? {Oneshot}

Taemin, once again, bursted into a huge fit of giggles.

Key gave him a cold stare, but he smiled, knowing it'd be all good later. 


-Yesterday-

"Taemin-ah, why the heck did you lock us all in a room?" Jonghyun said, exasperated.

"GUESS WHAT DAY TOMORROW IS?!" Taemin screamed in joy.

No one answered. Taemin pouted, and can't believe they forgot.

"It's Key umma's special day!" he cried out.

"Are you serious?!" Jonghyun screamed. He ran to the calendar tacked up on the wall and read the date.

5/7/2011

"Taemin, it's not even close," Jonghyun sighed in relief. Why did Taemin scare him like that?"

"Jonghyun hyung. I'm not talking about you and umma's anniversary," Taemin said, through gritted teeth.

"Oh. Well. It's not his birthday either."

"God, hyungs! Tomorrow is Mother's Day!" Taemin cried in fustration.

"Oh." It was followed by silence.

"HYUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGS!" Taemin wailed. "HOW COULD YOUUUUU!" What kind of bad hyungs were these?!

"Taeminnie-ah, he's not even your real umma...he's not even an umma. Heck, he's not even a fe---"

"Onew hyung, there's going to be chicken in the surprise party."

"Oh! Oh!! Well, in that case, what do we prepare?" Onew's face lit up immediately. He even let out a little giggle.

"What do I get," Jonghyun stated flatly.

"You. Umma. Tonight-"

"O-O-OKAY! DO GO THERE! I'LL DO IT!" Jonghyun stopped Taemin before he went any further. His face was already a deep crimson.

"MINHOOOOO HYUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!!!~" Taemin screamed towards Minho. He smiled his biggest and most charming smile he can and ran towards the tall guy.

Minho's face immediately burned up as the cute maknae hugged him, and he could do no more but to agree to his request.


Taemin giggled again.

"TAEMIN. I SWEAR, YOU GIGGLE ONE MORE TIME, AND I'LL BOOT YOU IN THE WITH MY BURNING SPATULA!" Key screamed. How annoying!

"Sorry Key-umma. Heh," Taemin apologized. He was practically squirming in his seat.

"What the heck are you guys all up to? Everyone's so giddy." Key asked, a bit suspicious.

"Noooothing." The group chorused.

Key raised one eyebrow.

"Oh! Umma, there's no milk left in the refridgeratorrrr," Taemin purred.

"Then go buy some Taemin-ah."

"I want to eat tomatoes." Jonghyun whined.

"Since when did you like tomatoes?!" Key asked, bewildered. Jonghyun just shrugged. They knew only Key could pick out the best, freshest tomatoes.

"Fine. I'm going out to buy your milk and your tomatoes. Don't, like, put the house on dorm on fire when I come back," Key said, with a tinge of annoyance. "Taemin, don't play with the fire." He rolled his eyes.

"Araso ummaaa~ Go, go, hurry, I want milk!" Taemin giggled. Again.

Key gave him another glare, put on his jacket, and preceeded to exit.


"OHMYGOD, WE GOT HIM OUT NOW WHAT?!" Onew screamed, excited and giddy.

"Okay! Here's the plan. First, we ord---" Taemin began.

SLAM. The other members looked terrified.

Key entered the dorm. "I forgot my bag." He grabbed his bag from the couch and headed out again.

When the others heard the click of the lock on the door, they immediately released the breaths they held in.

"So. First, we order chicken from Mexicana. Onew hyung, you can do that right? Of course you can," Taemin continued to say.

Onew nodded, and some weird sparks were visible in his eyes.

"Jonghyun-hyung, I bought some flowers. They're in the closet."

Jonghyun's eyes went wide. "In the...closet?!"

"No, hyung, I just ordered them."

Jonghyun looked confused.

"Look, hyung, just, like, arrange the flowers prettily when they arrive, alright. As prettily as prettily possible!" Jonghyun nodded.

"Minho-hyung, help me with the decorations!" 


Soon, the whole house was beautifully decorated in Keroro stickers and pokemon decors. There were rose petals by the door, and Taemin and Minho stood on the couch, ready to pour some confetti when Key entered. Jonghyun snuck behind the door, (at least when it was opened) and held a bouquet of flowers. Onew was waiting by the box of Mexicana chicken. There was a cookbook on the table, with a silly ribbon tied around it.

"Onew-hyung, remember to check on the webcam when Key-hyung is arriving," Taemin reminded the hungry guy. Onew hugged the box and stared at the TV screen.


Those bastards. Key thought, as he walked to the supermarket. Making me do all this stuff, when they should be repaying for all I did for them. Ungrateful! I'll smack them all with my spatula when I get home!

Key walked in the supermarket, covering his face with his hoodie. He hurriedly picked out the freshest tomatoes he could fine, and grabbed a carton of milk.

The cashier gave him a curious look, and he hid even more in his hoodie. Goddamn, stop looking at people like you're stalking them. Ugh.

Right after he paid and recieved his change, he walked furiously back to the dorm.

That's right. Furiously. 


Onew suddenly screamed.

Taemin nearly fell down from the couch from the shock, and Minho pulled him back up. Taemin gave the man a big smile, and the tall guy blushed again.

"He's here, he's here, he's here! Chicken is coming sooner!" Onew squealed.

Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun tensed, up, palms sweaty and they were definitely nervous.

When the door opened, Taemin and Minho threw the confetti over the imcoming person's head.

"TADAAAAAAAA!~" they shouted. Minho felt weird doing so, but it was natural for Taemin.

Key looked up at the wrong moment, and a bunch of confetti fell in his mouth.

"WHAT THE FFFFF-" he spitted.

"Oops."

Key shook his head to let the confetti fall and slammed the door. 

Jonghyun whimpered.

"What was that?" Key asked, looking around. He turned the door, and found a Jonghyun with his eyes squeezed tightly closed, with a handful of now squashed roses.

"Oops."

Key just stood there. Jonghyun and Taemin stood there shocked at the failure. Minho lightly shook his head. Onew was..........

Eating chicken.

Onew looked up slowly from the box of Mexicana chicken bones.

"Oops." he grinned. 


Key stood there, trying to breathe in what just happened.

Were they trying to surprise him? Right. It was Mother's Day.

Suddenly Key couldn't help but start laughing. So they were trying to surprise him.

"What is all this Taeminnie-ah?" Key smiled.

"We were trying to uhm, surprise you for Mother's Day," Taemin pouted. He was pretty annoyed it didn't work the way he wanted it to, but his umma was...smiling? Was that good?

"It's alright Taeminnie-ah, I'm not at all disappointed."

"You're not? Really? Wae?" Taemin asked, his eyes wide. Key found it adorable.

"Because you guys loved me enough to try. I'm happy about that." Key smiled. 

Onew smiled and bit off the last piece of meat on the chicken. 


A/N: I think I just made the worst fail in my life, but I had to come up with something for Mother's Day. :)

So, here it is, a celebratory (is that a word? x'D) fic for Mother's Day! Heh, it's important. For those of you reading this in the morning of a new day because of the time zone....ehehehehehe....... ,,^^,,"

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOMMIES IN THE WORLD!~ ♥