Part 1: Slicing a piece of art

Entwined Amity

“Please tell me that you’re not going to spend the money for cheesecakes again, Dae.” Jieun hissed at the older male beside her. The brunette beside her gave her a puppy look that she wanted to rip out of him because every time he used that pathetic trick on her, she, unfortunately, gives in. 

“Pwease?” The older male muttered cutely, purposely slurring his words and adding the effect of fake tears welling up his eyes, Jieun wanted to smack him so hard that his face might as well be distorted from the smack.

Jieun hesitates. She doesn’t like this kind of situations at all.

Daehyun using his pathetic trick on her adding up the cute back-up, she knows that she’s going to lose it soon.

“Dae-“

“Jieunnnieee~” The older whines with a surge of plead and cuteness that are practically bouncing off from his almost believable poor and pathetic face of his, Jieun implies with a scowl on her face.

Don’t give in Jieun. Don’t give in. Just one mor-

“Fine,” she mutters as she took her wallet from her newly purchased snake skin bag and took out a plentiful of money and handed it to the older male beside him who took it without shame.

“Oh gosh! Thank you so much Jieun! Thank you , thank you so much! I soooo love you!” Daehyun shrieked in joy and pranced to her that immediately earned him a yelp. He bear-hugged the younger before pulling away and blew kisses to her before he skip away and left the cafe with an overjoyed smile plastered in his face.

Jieun stared at the doorway where Daehyun left before turning to her friends who were wearing the same -eating grin.

“Did he just skipped?” Jieun asked, completely surprised at the fact that her best friend skipped. She stared at the two with wide eyes as the scene replays in her head like a broken play.

“Like you don’t know. You probably know that Daehyun could do anything that men cannot do just for cheesecakes.” Ailee shrugged as she saw looked outside and saw a happy Daehyun skipping on the other side of the road. The male beside her peeked beside her and saw their best friend with an over-sized smile that could be blinding like a sun.

He sighs exasperatedly and brings the rim of the mug on the tip of his lips.

“I swear his addiction for cheesecakes will ruin his life someday,” he mutters nonchantly before taking a sip on his espresso and Ailee nodded beside him, agreeing the theory that someday, cheesecakes might indeed kill their hopeless love-stricken best friend of theirs.

Jieun, who recovered from her surprise (which she isn’t), sighs as she took a look on her halved money that she worked on hard for the past month.

“Really, that brat knows how to spend other’s money,” she solemnly mutters as she placed her wallet back to her bag making Ailee roll her eyes and purses her lips.

“I thought you wouldn’t give in? You told us that you’ll resist whatever Daehyun would do to you just for the sake of his cheesecakes, right?” Jongdae gazes at her and she blinks at him, dumbfounded.

“Di-“

“Yes, you did. You told us yesterday since it was pay day,” Jongdae responded with a smirk on his face, mischievous yet truthful enough that it dawned on Jieun what she told them yesterday.

“It’s your pay day today, right?” Ailee asks and she nodded her head before taking out a long envelope from her bag. She grinned happily as she waved it in front of them.

“Got an increase for doing a spectacular job.” Smiling brightly, she counts them one by one earning her a whistle from Jongdae.

“Daehyun knows it’s your pay day today, he’ll beg you to give him money for cheesecakes tomorrow.” Jongdae commented with a sly smirk with Ailee following his action making her stop counting her money and eyed her two best friends sitting in front of her.

She her lips and puts the envelope back to her bag and made a slight shake of her head.

“I won’t give in like last time. I’ll make sure to resist whatever that cheesecake addict has on his sleeves for me just for the sake of eating cheesecakes.” Jieun promised to them, more like to herself dripping with doubt yet replaced with confidence when she saw the bored and unsatisfied look of the two.

“You sure?” Ailee taunted as a sly smile made way to her face making Jieun form a scowl on her face.

“Of course. Just to let you know, I won’t easily give in to him like last time,” she assured her with a confident smile. Ailee side-eyed the male beside her, locking gazes and exchanged messages.

“$100,” Jongdae muttered, glancing at Jieun who was busy with her phone with a pursed lips, he grinned focusing back to Ailee who just rolled her eyes but grinned, nonetheless.

“Deal.” They shook hands beneath the table and both turned their attention to their friend who was busy with her phone, oblivious with the deal that they made.

“…forgot about that.” Jieun bangs her head on the smooth table making Jongdae and Ailee chuckle at her reaction. After their few moments of chuckling at their friend’s misery, Ailee turned her attention to Jongdae and held out her hand with a raised eyebrow.

“Pay up.” She motioned a ‘pay now’ to Jongdae making the male growl at her. Taking out his wallet from his pocket, he took out $100 and groaned when he placed it to her palm. Putting back his wallet to his back pocket, Jongdae picks up his smoothie and sips it with a gloomy aura whilst Ailee chuckled darkly and puts the $100 to her bulky wallet before putting it back to her bag.

~*~

They were best friends, the four of them. They practically grew up together since they were in diapers. Their parents were friends since childhood and became inseparable until they married and gave birth to each. Raised in different ways and discipline, the four of them already had the link that their parents had before.

They were like the younger version of their parents but they had their distinct qualities,  but setting that aside, the older generation would think that time turned back and that they were back to their old days and the scene played in front of them are like memories that they shared.

Unfortunately, their younger version had their own distinct qualities that their parents don’t have. Simply, their younger version is much quirkier, a mess and chaos could ensue any time, which they don’t have before.

All of them are rich, not filthy, but a clean rich type and they lived humbly…well of course each family isn’t like that. They had their own status and name to begin with and their image fits them perfectly because of it.

But one thing is for sure that they have taken upon from their parents that they lived up in their whole life. The friendship that was born within them and the attachment they have together won’t be severed. The token that they have inherited the same was that their soul connected to each other and the link of their life with each other.

They were like air to each other, blood and life. Without the other, they would be incomplete, soulless and empty. They wouldn’t be a being to begin with as if their existence were ceased from the beginning if the other stops or forms any cut of ties with them.

They are one in soul that was divided into four different bodies.

Entwined with the thread of eternal friendship, they live and spent their time breathing the same air.

~*~

Jongdae was working on his project that his boss wanted him to do for the past month. He was given a month and a half to finish the project and expects him to do a very good job on the project because the project that he was handling is very important and mostly could affect his career.

Jongdae isn’t amused by that fact; he was rather bored because it was boring and unchallenging as he likes to call it. The project could be done in a week after the assignment was given to him. He has no problem in taking pictures, his skill in taking pictures helped him a lot when he was still studying, making him earn a high degree in photography.

Jongdae loves taking pictures without a doubt. His life revolved around his friends and photography and he couldn’t live a day without taking one picture.

Talking about the project that he is currently working on, Jongdae snaps a shot of different pictures for the past few weeks after the day that his boss told him about the project. He wonders why he didn’t pass the project that was neatly organized and was complete already in a week. He wonders why he is still snapping pictures that isn’t needed or anything.

He was wondering why he still keeps the folder on top of his desk and doesn’t give the project to his boss. He wonders and he would like some answers for the questions he is asking.

He has no answers.

Currently bringing the rim of the mug on his lips, he takes a few sips on the dark bitter coffee of his before putting it down slowly on the saucer and dazedly looks at the garden. Fall is on the sway and the trees and bushes became brown hue and some red and orange and Jongdae wonders why they changed.

Green leaves that gives some beauty to the tree turns to orange or red and maybe yellow, then they fall gracefully to the ground and the trees become hideous because it isn’t wearing anything at all, but when snow comes and replaces the fallen leaves, Jongdae takes back his word of calling the trees hideous instead he calls them beautiful and he finds himself taking some shots of the winter era and spring comes.

Trees covers themselves with their newly dress of green fresh leaves, flowers blooming everywhere and the season of spring conquers all with its beauty and charm and Jongdae thinks he needs a few shots of spring itself.

Summer comes after a brief spring that Jongdae wished summer didn’t exist at all and curses who is the deity of summer but he finds himself shutting up and taking it back when he takes a beautiful shot of the beach with the slow rhythm of water from the ocean brushes on the sands, he thinks that it is the most beautiful shot of all that shots he had for spring thus the spring era throwing out to the window and summer replaces it.

When fall comes again, the leaves gracefully dancing until it reaches to the ground and the leaves one by one dancing and shying away from the tree, Jongdae thinks that he hates the summer again and switches it for fall.

He was never sure of what he likes nor was he sure of everything he has done so far. He undoubtedly loves his family and friends, but he wasn’t sure of everything that he had taken up to now. He was confident yet he was human so it was only fair for him to be unsure of what he is doing until now…he was just that unsure of everything he had done.

Bringing the rim of the mug again to his lips and was ready to sip again, he was met with an unexpected hyper Daehyun prancing on him and with great reflex he saved his mug of coffee from spilling on the cold pavement. Side-eyeing the male that is currently hugging him in the side, he sighs tiredly.

“Get off me, Daehyun,” Jongdae calmly uttered as he tried to push him away with his free hand, unfortunately for him, Daehyun is much stronger and won’t budge a bit. When his futile attempt went to waste, Jongdae uses his one and only trick to get Daehyun off him.

“I won’t ask the maid to bring you cheesecake, you brat,” Jongdae hissed at him and immediately Daehyun was off him and appeared across him, settled comfortably on the seat with a grin plastered on his face.

Jongdae growled at him and eyed the maid on the frame of the door. They locked gazes for a moment before the maid left to get Daehyun’s cheesecake. Grudgingly taking a sip on his coffee, he eyed the brunette in front of him before calmly putting it down in mid air and lowers his gaze to the rich dark hue inside the mug.

“So what brings you here, Dae? This isn’t your house the last time I checked it.” He eyed the younger in front of him who gave him a frown and he smiled at the reaction.

Pouting at the greeting, Daehyun huffs out grumpily making Jongdae roll his eyes.

“What is it, Dae?”

“Sheesh, Jongdae, couldn’t I have peace while I eat this delectable and precious cheesecake?” Daehyun commented warily at him as the plate of cheesecake was handed in front of him. Jongdae rolled his eyes, placing the mug on the table before taking the plate of cheesecake that was almost devoured by a hungry Daehyun.

Daehyun shrieks in horrification as his precious cheesecake was taken away from him. His eyes glinted with death as he glowered at Jongdae.

“Yah! Give it back Jongdae!” He yells at him as he attempts to take back the stolen cheesecake away from him. Jongdae raised an eyebrow and shook his head in response making Daehyun gape at him in disbelief.

“No way...”

“Yes way, so tell me why you’re here. This is not your house and as I have remembered, I didn’t invite you to my garden and to mention about you being here. How did you even get in?”

Daehyun scoffs at him, placing his locks behind his ear and glowers at him but answered his questions anyway.

“I came here to spend my time with you because I’m lonely. (“-But what about Ailee and Jieun?”) They’re busy. And yes, this is my house because we’re best friends and that automatically means, this is also my house and you didn’t invite me to your garden but I don’t care whether you invite me or not and for the last one, I used the underground exit which held many exits and I purposely went to yours.” Daehyun smiled triumphantly making Jongdae sigh exasperatedly and hands over the plate of cheesecake which was immediately devoured by the younger male.

“God, why are you even my best friend?” Jongdae questions himself and most likely a rhetorical question.

“Because you love me, that’s why,” Daehyun replied lovingly with a sly grin painted on his face. Jongdae shuddered at the response and kicked him on the leg earning him a yelp from the younger.

“Yah!”

“You’re so gay, Daehyun. I regret being with you.”

~*~

Ailee takes a look on the two bond papers on her hands and checks out the design. The first bond paper which was on her left hand contained a flurry white dress above the knee laced with a silk layer on top that seems like a veil that was cut up and flowed beautifully until the back above the ankles. A brooch contained the silk veil-like that matched up the flurry white dress. The dress was paired up with a ballet white ball shoes that was strapped with feathers making Ailee like the idea of the design. Putting down the paper on the table she shifts her gaze to the next paper.

The figure was dressed up with a kimono-style except this one is like a modern style kimono not the traditional one. The kimono was cut off around the shoulders and the cut off part-the arm part was placed back on after a good measure away from the shoulder and the length of arm part was shortened and was only a bit longer tucking away the hands. And also this kimono was heavily cut off. The lower part after the waist was cut off, leaving the figure’s thigh seen but only after a few good measures. Under the skirt-like beneath it was replaced with a curl up silk layered up greatly. The kimono was also paired up by a ballet white ball shoes that matched greatly like the flurry white dress.

Ailee smiles at the great ideas for the wedding and puts down the paper before shifting her gaze up to the figurines in front of her which she had looked up to a few minutes ago before even looking at the papers that was submitted.

Even though the two ideas were great, only one must remain and the other one must be thrown away. She admits that the two designs looked great but she liked the first one more.

It was likely beautiful and exotic in her eyes and thus she chose the first. She stood up from the couch and takes a look around the second figurine.

It was beautiful, new and modern type, but it wasn’t that great. The idea of kimono was great but it could have been better than this. More designs could be placed and the enhancement of the kimono-style is greatly needed. A few more tweaks there and that, she would surely pick the second one, unfortunately, she doesn’t.

Calling her assistants, she told them to take out the dress and fold it up nicely before sending it back to one of her designers together with the submitted report folder.

Glancing at the flurry white dress, Ailee smiles at the beautiful dress in front of her. It was a new style, innocence vibrating off from the dress as if it’s like a dress of a goddess or an angel, she implies with a nod.

She drops herself again on the long leather couch and pinches the bridge of her nose before looking up in the ceiling with daze eyes.

Ailee runs as a head designer and CEO of the company. Her great visuals for art applaud her extremely as no one could top her designs during those days when she was taking up Fashion and Design. She was crowned with the medal of art that made her love art more.

She paired up mostly together with Jongdae, their course almost the same. She was in Fashion and Design whilst he was in Photography. One art separated in two and likely the two spent each other’s time together. They would talk about their daily day in class, chatting about their assignments and mostly art itself.

She finished ahead of him, a month only then he graduates after her. She was born with art itself whilst Jongdae was born with the window of art, capturing its beauty through the camera lens.

They were close to each other than the other two, but, nonetheless, all of them are close. The two of them, Jongdae and her, has this special connection with each other mainly because they have one thing that they loved.

Art.

Art was their connection and they could speak and express emotion through their arts, their emotions spread throughout the massive expanse of art and anyone could read it if they would just take one careful look.

Ailee, although born with art itself, she has the same feeling over and over again and she doesn’t know why. She feels that something is lacking. There is something lacking in her arts that she doesn’t where to point it out. She doesn’t know where to start because firstly, she doesn’t know what is lacking, to be honest. She doesn’t know what is missing. Was it colours? Was it the enhancement? The touch-ups or the design itself? She isn’t sure what to say what is lacking and this has been her dilemma since high school.

“I don’t know what’s lacking Jongdae. There’s lacking in my design and I don’t know what it is!” she commented once while she ruffles her hair. Jongdae, in response, assured her unsurely.

“It’s not lacking anything Ailee. It’s perfectly fine,” he chided to her as he takes a glance on her work. She stopped ruffling her hair and snapped a glare towards him.

“What do you know about art, huh?” she snarled at him, hissing after. She doesn’t know why she snapped like that, but when Jongdae telling him that there’s nothing lacking, all blood rushes to her head and she wants to slap him in the face for saying that.

Jongdae, as expected, was stunned at her answer. Devoured with solemn as he takes on her words, digesting it in his mind, he glances at her blankly.

“Well, I’m sorry. I wasn’t born with art unlike you,” he flatly says making her wince at the tone he used as he emphasized the word unlike you. She was burdened with guilty as soon as she realized what she said to him. She was frustrated for weeks, complaining to Jieun, Daehyun and especially to Jongdae about her art lacking something that she doesn’t know.

And now, she was at the edge and hearing Jongdae’s comment sent her off the edge thus making her lost her temper which rarely happens. Now, realizing that her words were harsh, she was sure to take it back but Jongdae didn’t let her do it at all, because the next words he said struck her in the heart before he leaves her side.

“I’m merely on the window of art, reaching and grasping nothing but fake arts unlike you who is living in art itself. I’m sorry if I don’t know art, Ailee, but I hope you do know that words are art itself. Later,” he monotonously says to her and Ailee swears she could hear the hurt dripping in his voice.

She was determined to say sorry to him after classes. The four of them would always meet up in the garden area before going home. She was looking forward for his ‘later’ to ease away her guilt that was building up in her heart. She never meant it in all possible ways; she was just frustrated and she would gladly do anything just to let Jongdae forgive her.

She was looking forward for it, creating apologies in her head throughout her classes, paying no attention to the teachers at all because with her mind occupied and guilt on her heart starts writhing, she knows she won’t be able to pay attention anyways.

It was her last class and she was excited to see Jongdae again and anxiousness was creeping at her but she pushes it at the side along with her unsettling feeling on her stomach.

Later never came.

Jongdae didn’t appear on the garden area that day and Jieun and Daehyun were wearing a worried look on their faces as she walked towards them. She felt guiltier when Jongdae didn’t appear on school for weeks.

They visited him in his house, but Jongdae’s parents would apologetically tell them that either he’s not home or he isn’t feeling well which all three of them came to a conclusion that Jongdae doesn’t want to see them.

Daehyun and Jieun knew something was up with them the moment Jongdae didn’t come to the garden and they knew it has to be connected with Ailee.

The next few days, they confronted her, asking her what she did to him. She replies with a guilty story and after she finishes, the two just sighed exasperatedly at her story.

Jongdae didn’t appear for a month and Ailee was slowly growing paranoid muttering Jongdae there and there and she would likely thought of Jongdae appearing beside her like he usually does. She was losing her mind and she needs Jongdae to come back because her heart and mind might break and she wouldn’t be able to face the world again if he doesn’t come back.

Jongdae came back, after two months passed. He was pale like a chalk, lips chapped for some reason, tousled hair, eyes dimmed with blackness-devoid of emotions and he was thin, too thin as they saw him enter the school.

Jieun asks if he was sick and Ailee would almost agree if Daehyun didn’t tell them that he wasn’t. They approached him during recess; they would always sit together during recess and lunch. When they approached him that day, Ailee swears a knife was tossed to her heart. Jongdae is dead-no, not dead, but like-dead. He was as if gotten over his cancer, depression or something and she was sure she doesn’t want to see him like this ever again, and she blames herself for making him like this.

They didn’t talk or anything, but they sit together. Jieun and Daehyun would talk but the awkward atmosphere enveloping them, defiles their attempt to brighten up the mood. Ailee would talk, but Jongdae wouldn’t spare a glance to her or to anyone. He simply eats his food together with them before leaving them alone and they would watch his retreating back until he was gone.

Four months passes and Ailee grew to enjoy drawing someone crying, a fallen feather in a background or anything that relates to melancholic. Jieun and Daehyun was worrying for her even if they don’t see what she is trying to draw, her art shows how broken she was and they can’t do anything about it making them slightly guilty.

A week passed around the four month when Jongdae decides to show his face again to the world. Ailee was heading back to the art room, carrying her supplies. She was ready to draw something like rain or a fallen umbrella under a rain.

She was feeling a bit good when Daehyun and Jieun told her that Jongdae would talk to her again. She hopes and that’s why she is going to the art room to draw and paint a tale related to rain.

She sat on her usual seat, shifting a little to make her comfortable, before taking her pencil and draws a few drops.

She was naturally given the skill of art. In a matter of seconds, the sketch of a rain could be seen and a feather is on the far distance and an umbrella in the view much closer than the feather, the ground cradling the two.

She looks at it, creating the colourful visual of the sketch in her mind. Taking a ball of cotton, she slightly presses it to the light smooth paper, softly and gently brushing the cotton all over the sketch. The sketch seems vague and she brushes the cotton again, the sketch was gone.

She sighs, before taking one of her brushes, taking a light dip on the paint of grey, she smoothes the brush over the blank canvas.

She smothers the canvas with paint, blending different colours with each, colliding with different streaks as the sketch she had drawn before came into view-this time with colours in it.

She finishes with a light touch up of red on the umbrella, gliding the hair of the brush in the side a little before marking the canvas with her name on it.

She places the brush on the side together with the palette. She looks at the canvas, her canvas and she laughs dryly.

It was crap.

Pathetic, stupid, foolish, messed up, unsatisfying and lacking.

The canvas was lacking a lot and she has to praise herself for making such crap canvas just to vent out the emotions that she is feeling. She was broken, hardly she could even think straight after the things that happened between Jongdae and her.

She wants it back. The friendship they had. She needs her mind back and she needs he heart to stop tearing just for the sake of letting her know that it was her fault every time she sees Jongdae. She needs Jongdae back but she wasn’t sure if the younger wants her back and she could only chuckle bitterly.

“How pathetic,” she praised herself for her unworthy canvas. A flash made her startle, completely making her shriek in shock.

“Don’t you know that your vocals could destroy someone’s ears?” A voice says, sarcasm dripping heavily in the tone. Ailee stilled on her seat. She knows that voice anywhere and she wasn’t prepared to do the apology.

She turns around, carefully and hesitantly and looked at the male behind her, a camera on his hand and a grin on his face.

“Yo, how are you doing, Amy?” he says casually as if nothing happened and Ailee could only gape in disbelief on him.

“Y-You…I-Wha?” she sputtered, fumbling in her incoherent words as she stared at him in shock. Why was he talking to her? Why is he acting so casually? What the hell has gone on his mind to do this?

Ailee was sure her mind was going overtime as she watches the younger male strode to her, halting beside her takes a look on her canvas-scratch that, a worthless crap.

She breaks her stare and her gloomy side had taken over her, guilt building up once more.

“It’s crap, isn’t it?” she muses with a humourless smile. He said nothing but only looked at the canvas. Slowly, his hand reached out to the canvas and her breathe hitched. He was near, so near, but only a tiny space was the gap between his fingertips and the melancholic canvas. He lowers his hand as if touching the canvas with his fingertips even if he wasn’t.

He pulls away and takes a brief shot of the canvas before opening up the gallery and looks at it. She watches him with an aching chest.

“You know, I never hated you in any particular of what you did to me. Even though I wanted to, I can’t. It was true, your words and mine. I didn’t know anything about art because merely I could only long for it and I wished to touch the portion of art. Even if it was a portion, I longed for it,” he smiled sadly at her and she couldn’t bring herself to speak. Her words were stuck on and she could only do was watch him and listen.

He expected the reaction and he continues.

“I was gone for a month, not because of your words stabbing me like a knife, but merely I let myself dream about how to grasp or touch even the slightest detail of art. I was thinking everyday when I didn’t go to school. I was occupied with the thoughts of helping you,” he pauses when he heard a gasp from her.

“H-help me?” she stuttered in confusion. Help her with what?

Jongdae grins and takes a seat beside her, pulling one of the chairs under the tall table.

“You said your art was lacking. I was unsure of what I said to you that day and I reaped the words that I said to you. You were completely convinced with the lacking and I couldn’t point out to you where because I don’t know art and I feel and useless. I thought ‘What if I help her?’ I was determined to help you with your dilemma that I didn’t know that you were hurting so much because you were carrying the guilt of having me look at you differently and the hurt that was evident on my voice,” he says sadly. He looks at the canvas of hers, looking at it with affection and sorry.

He was ashamed of himself for making her like this. He felt every ounce of emotion she had through her canvas that he wanted to cry. He was never good in expressing his emotions nor was his intentions. He expresses it through pictures more and if one would look, it may look just a piece of useless pictures but if one would look carefully, he would find the emotions that lingers in the pictures that he took.

He was scared, ashamed, and pities himself for being like this. He didn’t intend to hurt her like this and during the time of ‘self-dedicating’, he found it useless to stay at home. He came back to school after his fever that was in an inconsiderably high degree.

He looks at him with a sad smile and mouthed, “I’m sorry.”

It was full of emotions and Ailee has to put her hands on her face to attempt to cover her crying face. She doesn’t like showing her weak side, especially crying. She hates being looked down just because she cries.

Jongdae moves closer to her, cradling her to his arms, gently pushing her head to the crook of his neck and patting her shoulder with comfort and assurance while she cries softly, muttering several sorry to him that he hushed them up with a gentle humming.

After that day, everything was back to normal. Everything was placed back according to its original places as if nothing happened and Jieun and Daehyun couldn’t help but rejoice at their make-up and decides to throw out a party for them.

They were back again to whom they were, things placed accordingly right and Ailee forgets the lacking for awhile and decides to enjoy her time with her friends and Jongdae.

Ailee smiles at the memory, it was the saddest but it taught her how to choose her words carefully and that she shouldn’t lose her temper so easily. She regretted every single word she told Jongdae that fateful day and his words were forever imprinted on her mind.

“I’m merely on the window of art, reaching and grasping nothing but fake arts unlike you who is living in art itself. I’m sorry if I don’t know art, Ailee, but I hope you do know that words are art itself. Later,”

It was so cold, harsh, and empty and above all, longing conquers it all.

She was stunned at his words, completely seeing their differences and how they are far from each other even though she sees it as near even though it wasn’t.

Jongdae was one step behind her and she was ahead of him of only one step. He couldn’t go any further than a step because their world of arts is different. Jongdae is the window of art, plainly showing the beauty of art through the windows, but she is the art. She is the picture of art, the real beauty and Jongdae’s art was fraud, merely showcasing only through the window that seems to be so unrealistic and dull.

There are different forms of art and theirs was one of them. Jieun and Daehyun is different from theirs but Jongdae and her are sure that theirs is also an art, different though.

She takes the abandoned iced coffee, sipping it with ease as she shifts her gaze outside.

It was raining.

Typical and ironic and how those two seems to fit each other. Ailee wants to scoff at the crispiness of sarcasm that was being showcasing to her.

It was raining.

And she didn’t bring an umbrella.

Perfect.

She takes out of her phone that was located on the other end of the couch. She lazily rummaged through her bag and when she takes hold of it, she quickly presses 3.

Jieun is busy on her job being a part-time waitress, a full-pledged club singer hosted by one of their friends named Junghwan and a dedicated singer for the country.

Daehyun is…she doesn’t know what the hell he is doing with his time, but she’s sure that most of his time goes to cheesecakes and she wonders if Daehyun would choose between a life and a cheesecake. What would we choose? Ailee made a mental note to ask him about that soon when they meet up accidentally or planned.

Jongdae is on her speed-dial three.

Jongdae doesn’t do anything except to take photos, snap one and two and he’s done. Ailee knows he’s done with the project but never questions him about it because she knows that he doesn’t have an answer for it. Jongdae practically has nothing to do and Ailee wants to make use of his precious time and by now she’s waiting patiently for him to pick up.

After a few more rings, the call was picked up.

“Hello?” A groggily voice replied. Ailee took note that he was sleeping.

“Jongdae?” she asks wearily and a hum was a response.

“Need you to pick me up now in my building. Waiting for you in 10,” she nonchantly says and a groan was heard on the other side of the line.

“Wait for me,” he answers back before ending the call. Tossing her phone near her bag, not really minding it to fall to the ground for all she cares, she takes a few thoughts before taking back her phone.

She switches the speed-dial of Jongdae from three to one and three to two; Jongdae being first followed by Jieun and Daehyun. Ailee nods satisfyingly and tosses her phone back to the end of the couch and thinks that it’s the right thing to do.

She waits patiently for a few minutes, her things packed, fingers tapping her knees and after a few more minutes ending up her waiting, Jongdae comes in with black t-shirt clothed with a coat on top and an umbrella in his left hand, eyes locking with hers.

 She stood up and both left the room, shutting the door and darkness concealed the room.


Unedited. I'll edit it soon or maybe not, but soon.