Chapter 1 - Open Book

Back Off! High School Break Out

Dear reader, 

Oh, Annyeong Haseyo. Wait. Erase. English wise. Right. Yo I'm Jung Tae Mu. Also known as Tae Mu (like you needed to know my whole FAKE name -rolls eyes-) I'm sharing my horrible fascinating scary tradgic crazy and simple life story to you. Why? I just felt like typing all hundreds and hundreds of words for you... :) Nah, I just wanted to share a story of mines like you have told me. 

Well I know that you know that I'm using some ty alias just that you cant find me again. Yes We only met 8 years ago so dont go colossal on me. And no I am not seeing YuHee anymore. I bet she's looking around for you for years. Jiyeon's been asking about you alot too. I didn't know what to respond, but I just told her that your somewhere in the US bathing in all your glory. Which is probably true. 

Well I actually heard about your magnificent accident. Yes. News travels fast. And since I'm the worlds slowest writer. I only wrote to you 5 months after. Sorry been quite busy with the kids. Well since I was your friend before. Why don't I start telling you the start of all time?

It was midst of Autumn, I think, school just started. and of course, I get to go to school with the most beautiful girl that I know. Kyung Moon Ri. The nerdiest, wittiest, and funniest girl I've met ever since middle school. She's grown taller for the past years. But not tall enough to reach my neck. She's still clueless as ever. She never once knew that I had taken a tad crush on her. I guess her being dense made her much adorable to me. It's easiest for me to describe her since she's the only one still engraved in my memory for the past years. The only one that I'm comfortable to talk about is her. I'll try to put on more detail but I won't do magic. I won't always right in my point of view. There'll be some changes later. I'll just write it down. Wait. No. I'll just print out the story rather than write it all down. Im too lzy and my wrist hurts. It comes with age I think. 

I'll continue later.

Your friend,

Jung Tae Mu

P.S. Point of Views will be given. 

 

-I didnt know why I wrote this one for ignore it if you'd like. 


CHAPTER 1 - OPEN BOOK

 

TaeMu stood beside the soda vending machine just in the corner of the hallways during middle of class hours. He was waiting for MoonRi to come out of the comfort room but, as TaeMu expected, she was taking too much time again. He picked up the soda that fell through the pit of machine and pulled the tab off. He engulfed the liquid as MoonRi walked back to him again.

"What took you so long?" TaeMu asked scowling a bit. 

"I fixed my hair." MoonRi replied heading forward. TaeMu rolled his eyes before he followed her back.

Their teacher was taking too long thats why they walked around a while. The corridors and wings were jumpacked with students. Some were inside, some where playing hockey and some where plainly gossiping about everything around them. He had gotten used to all of it. There were rumours that she was just hanging out with him to uplift her status which was definately not true. TaeMu chose to be friends with her because of her unique personality. And She had never used him. and with that he was comfortable.

TaeMu was a member of the Nice-Romantic Group or the NICE boys of the school. Also known as the flower boys. The beautiful, charismatic, charming, and witty boys. Not all of them are smart. In TaeMu's knowledge, only him and ChangHo were the ones who joined exclusive clubs that neither of the other members know. The cool boys have to remain cool and look smart, it doesnt necessarily mean that they have to be one. TaeMu had joined the Chemistry and Drama clubs in secrecy in order to do what he loves to do. The guys don't actually support him with his relationship with MoonRi, since MoonRi is in fact a nerd. 

The rival group of the NICE boys are the COOL Gang. [Not really gang like group.] They're cool [as in cold], bitter, self-assertive, selfish, mean, etc. They don't play nice and are naturally popular. Their leader is Song JaeJun. TaeMu's childhood friend. The two had clashed when they revelead themselves as members of the prestige groups. Those not included in neither of the group was either nerds or outcasts. Each group had their perspective fanclubs that clash against each other too. 

MoonRi is not a member of any of the groups in their school. Hence the point of the NICE Boys to get rid of MoonRi. From TAeMu of course. MoonRi is considered to be slightly popular though because of her father being one of the board members of the biggest technological company in Korea. But despite it all, people still look at her as an outcast despite her huge background. 

TaeMu and MoonRi would often eat outside after school, but today was different something was wrong. As they walked down the stairs being foolish as always. MoonRi accidentally bumped into JaeJun as they strode around the corner. She came face to face with him causing their bodies to clash and both of them bumped to the ground.

"Ya! Watch where your going dimwit!" JaeJun said standing up and almost brushing past TaeMu. TaeMu reached out for Moonri and helped her out. If there was only few people in the hall, he wouldnt have let JaeJun pass. Moonri apologized for her stupidity before they started to proceed off campus. 

" I think I'll go straight home today. I'm not feeling well." MoonRi said looking down on the ground the whole time. 

"Are you alright?" TaeMu asked taking a step forward but stopped when he saw MoonRi flinch. 

"Yeah, Just a little bit dizzy. I'll be fine. Goodbye." With that she left. TaeMu sighed watching her retreating form. He waited for the guys to get out to start the initiation ceremony. 

 

"Ah~ Finally the time has arrived!" Shin Ryeo Jin exclaimed as he threw his fist in the air. The groups leader, Son Jung Han looked at the elder one with pure astonishment. 

"It's like you've been waiting all year." He responded before TaeMu and Kim Chang Ho appeared. "Are we all set?" Chang Ho asked looking a bit bored. 

"We're still waiting for Sung Tae" Jung Han replied while he rocked back and forth on his heels. They we're all waiting for their list handler, Lee Sung Tae, he was the one who arranged the list of applicants for the different sports teams. The boys were the team captain of each respective sport team. 

 

정태무 Jung Tae Mu <----------Soccer/Football
김창호 Kim Chang Ho <--------Baseball
신려진 Shin Ryeo Jin <-----------Basketball
이성태 Lee Seung Tae <-----------Badminton
손정한 Son Jung Han <--------------Taekwondo Head
 
 
This 5 flower boys compete for different regional and national competitions each representing their school Genie. Despite being Nerdy and Unpopular, MoonRi excells in different sports including: Gymnastics and Martial Arts. Seung Tae Arrived minutes later with the casting list for the teams. They would all compete with each other in a full setting course. All of the team captains will choose the player that they want and proceed on with the training. The day passed by with TaeMu’s eyes with many things in his head. He had troubles in picking players, everyone was great. In the end he picked the ones deserving and congratulated them for their job well done. TaeMu walked home with random thoughts in head when his phone started to ring.
 
"Yeoboseyo?" TaeMu stopped walking, he ended up in a dark street. The streetlights didn't show much of the rest of the street. He could hear some dogs growl and bark at the distance but nothing really out of the ordinary. 
 
"Taemu? It's MoonRi." TaeMu took a sharp breath when he heard her voice. His heart pounded loudly in his chest and he sighed heavily.
 
"Gwaenchana? Are you ok? You seem--" 
"A-aniya!~ It's nothing. Why did you call?" TaeMu could hear Moonri shift channels on the tv.
"I think I'm not going to school tomorrow. I feel very bad." TaeMu felt his heart drop to the ground and he forced himself to answer as soon as possible.
"Did you drink medicine? Is your mom there right now?" 
"Aniya. I feel bad for bumping into JaeJun like that. You know how he gets furious so easily." MoonRi sighed but continued.
"I don't want to be played with his tricks. He's probably gonna find a way to get back at me... somehow. I hope you don't encounter him tomorrow. I don't know what I'll do if you guys fight again."
"It'll be fine Moonri. Don't worry. I'm here. The guys would defend you too." TaeMu rested his back on the pole and checked around if anyone was near. He didn't want to be robbed or killed tonight.... or maybe . 
"The guys hate me TaeMu. You know that. They think I'm trash. Your the only one who thinks otherwise." 
"That's what they think. My thoughts and opinions about you are true and will never change. They just don't know you the way that I do." MoonRi felt her spirits get up slowly and she smiled again. 
"You always light up my day. Thanks TaeMu. Your a great friend. But I still wont go to school tomorrow."
"But--"
"No buts! I'm gonna hang up now. Get home as quickly as possible~ Take care. Jal jayo TaeMussiiiiiii"
"Ne Moonri." Then the call ended. He really hated talking to Moonri about the douchebag JaeJun. It was obvious to him that Moonri didn't want to go to school because of JaeJun's tricks. She didn't want to embarass herself any longer infront of JaeJun. She wanted him to see her as her, and not just dirt. She wanted him to notice and like her, but we both know that it wasn't going to happen. But MoonRi is persistent. She never gives up. He hopes she finds happiness in what she is doing even though he himself cant tolerate it. 
TaeMu walked home in peace and also baught some noodles for his mother and dog food for SangChul. When he reached home he rang the doorbell twice before YiRin opened the door. 
"Oppa~ Why are you so late?" YiRin, TaeMu's younger sister pouted as TaeMu patted her head.
"I had I.C. today remember? Stop pouting. Did they serve dinner yet?" TaeMu closed the door behind him and followed YiRin up the steps of the garden. 
"We're eating right now. You arrived just in time. Oppa did you ask MoonRi-eonnie about the cake that I wanted. I really want to eat her Chocolate Mousse cake." They opened the front door before taking of their shoes and wearing the bunny slippers that their father had set out for them.
"I haven't yet. But I'm sure she'll make some for you." YiRin pouted again but TaeMu simply chuckled.
"Ask her tomorrow araji? or else I would tell MoonRi eonni that you like her." TaeMu set his bag down on the couch before loosening his tie.
"Ara, Ara. Lets go eat! I'm starving." TaeMu grabbed his bought groceries before walking into the dining room.
"Eomma. Appa. Sorry I'm late. Got tied with the initiating ceremony." He kissed both his mother and father's cheeks before seating down on the right arm side of the table, across from his mother. 
"How was your day then?" His mother asked as she got up to give her son some plates and chopsticks.
"It was the usual. MoonRi got sick though." 
"Oh Dear, I hope she's alright." His mother responded after handing her son the plates before sitting back down. 
"She'll be fine. She's a strong girl." His father replied chuckling a bit. 
"What's in the bag?" YiRin asked. 
"Ah... I almost forgot. I bought some noodles for you Eomma. And food for SangChul. He was running out of chunkies." 
"Gamsahamnida TaeMu. We should visit MoonRi tomorrow after classes." 
"Ne Eomma. Let's give Unni some noodles to cheer her up." YiRin shuggested boosting up.
"Well then, I guess it can't be helped. Tell her in advance, okay son?" His father said and TaeMu nodded. 
"Good."  They proceeded to eat dinner in peace, with the occasional chit chats from here and there. 
After dinner TaeMu helped with the dishes before preparing himself for bed. He slept with a little bit of anxiety that night.