Chapter 1 - Soccer & Tutors

Purple Rain

When the twins arrived in their classroom, they were immediately greeted by their classmates. Of coure, Jaerin greeted back cheerfully while Haejin just flashed a small smile.

The twins knew why everyone was so nice to them. You could say it was because they were the famous Lee Twins, but some reasons were because they were Lee Minhyuk's little sisters and just befriended them to get close to him (especially girls). Both twins might have known that, but they shook it off and just played along.

Jaerin & Haejin went to their assigned seats, unfortunately they weren't next to each other - but luckily wasn't that far from each other either. Just as Jaerin sat down, lots of her classmates cornered her and started a conversation whilst with Haejin, she just sat by the window and listened to the crowd talking near her. Everyone wanted to hear Haejin's voice - well, they heard it already but they wanted to hear it often - but Haejin just sat back and said nothing. Jaerin peered over at her twin, who was listening and eventually smiling slightly at her classmates. Jaerin grinned and turned to her classmates, who were currently talking about their school's Soccer Team.

"They won yesterday! Peniel oppa were one of the most tired players but he was so cool scoring the last shot!" Oh Hayoung swooned, squealing along with the other girls.

Hwang Tia, standing next to Hayoung, made a face, "But your brother was also cool! Ahh, Sehun oppa~"

The girls continued to fangirl about their soccer team players while Jaerin giggled at their reactions. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw their fellow classmate Zelo sitting on the table next to Haejin, smiling goofily as he talked within the small group around her twin.

"How about Zelo oppa? He did well yesterday too,"

The girls turned to the mentioned boy and there was silence as they stared at him. Zelo blinked and looked back to see almost all of the girls looking at him. His eyes widened in surprise, "U-Uh..."

The girls giggled and turned away from him, squealing as they agreed with Jaerin.

Everyone saw the moment and the boys burst with laughter at Zelo's expression, bringing Haejin into chuckles as well. She saw Jaerin in the corner of her eyes, who saluted at her. Haejin nodded and waved once.

Soon enough, the teacher entered and everyone scurried to their assigned seats, greeting after their adviser. They all stood up and bowed before sitting back down.

--

Second period came and they all either listened attentively or just stared blankly. 

Soon, the bell rang for lunch and Haejin was about to approach Jaerin but the younger was called by their teacher, Seo Eunkwang. Jaerin blinked and followed him out after smiling at Haejin who sat on the seat next to her twin's. She waited for both Jaerin & Sungjae to come and soon they did. Sungjae came in the classroom first before Jaerin though.

Moving a nearby desk towards Haejin's, Sungjae sat down and put his lunch on the tables, "Where's Jaerin?"

Haejin turned her head to look at the other door near the teacher's table, "Talking to Seo Eunkwang songsaengnim,"

Sungjae raised his brow and sat down properly, "Don't you guys call him something else apart from songsaengnim? I mean, he is like a father-figure to you,"

Haejin looked back at him and shrugged, "Well, he said that he's a teacher in the classroom. Outside, he could be a friend," she started, and Sungjae blinked at her, "I'm in the classroom now,"

Sungjae laughed, "Aigoo, you," he shook his head, smiling as he tried to peer over the front door of the classroom.

Meanwhile, just as Eunkwang and Jaerin walked out of the classroom was when Sungjae came in so he didn't see them. Jaerin blinked up at the teacher in front of her.

"What is it, oppa?"

Eunkwang smiled, "Lee Jaerin, I am still talking as your teacher. Address me more formally,"

Jaerin looked around briefly before smiling, a little bit sheepishly, "Oh right! Chesonghamnida, songsaengnim. Was there something you wanted to talk to me about?"

Eunkwang chuckled, "Yes, actually. You are failing your Maths, Jaerin. I am getting worried because you are great in all your other subjects but mine. Don't I teach well?" he frowned.

Jaerin immediately shook her head, "No no no, songsaengnim! You are very good at teaching. It's just... Math isn't really my thing," she bit her lip and giggled nervously.

Eunkwang nodded, "I understand. Not a lot of people are fond of Math," he goofily grinned, "This is why I'm recommending you a tutor. Someone a year above you is going to help, will that be okay?"

Jaerin's eyes flickered, "A tutor?" she slowly nodded, "Oh, ne, songsaengnim. That would be great. I really want to pass," she bowed her head slightly. 

"And I want you to pass too," Eunkwang ruffled her hair, "Do well, okay? You'll be meeting this student this afternoon in the library after classes," he explained, "I'm talking as your oppa now, hwaiting!" he raised his fist and grinned, patting her shoulder before walking off.

Jaerin bowed and grinned widely, nodding at his response. She turned around and waved, "Thank you, oppa!" she called, a laugh escaping her lips. She let out a happy sigh and turned to walk inside the classroom - seeing her two comrades ready to eat.

"Sungjae oppa! Annyeong," she waved as she sat next to him.

Sungjae waved back with a grin, "What was that about? You took so long,"

"Woops, did you wait too long?" Jaerin chuckled embarrassingly, "Sorry. Eunkwang songsaengnim had to talk about a matter,"

"You call him songsaengnim too? Don't you just call him oppa or something?"

But not that surpring to Sungjae, Jaerin had answered the same thing that Haejin had answered, "He said to address him like a friend out of the classroom. Also if he's talking to you like a teacher,"

Sungjae blinked and smirked slightly, shaking his head at how the twins would be so different outside, but not so different inside.

"Told you," Haejin mumbled, giggling a little to herself.

Sungjae nodded in amusement, "Yes you did,"

"What did he talk to you about?" Haejin asked, opening her lunchbox and staring at her sister.

Jaerin looked back, "I'm failing Math," she uttered, scratching the nape of her neck nervously, "S-so he got me a tutor!" she brightened up after.

"Oooh, that's great. Who's the tutor?" Sungjae chirped, "Is... he a guy?" his smile was slowly fading as he said that.

Jaerin shook her head, a pout on her lips, "I'm not sure. He just said the student is a sophomore and we'll be meeting in the library after classes," she said thoughtfully, "I guess you guys are going home without me," she pouted.

Haejin furrowed her brows, "Nope, nope. I'm coming with you to the library,"

"So am I!" Sungjae chirped happily, 'He might be a guy and might swoon over you and I won't like that,' he thought.

Jaerin beamed, "Really? Are you sure though? It might take time,"

Haejin shrugged it off, "Yes, Rinnie. I could just sit and maybe study, I don't know. But I will accompany you,"

"Uh... me too! I'll never leave your side," Sungjae smiled, blushing after how romantic and cheesy that sounded. Haejin blinked at him, noticing the sincerity of his sentence.

Jaerin chuckled, "That's sweet,"

"Ehehe... well..."

Haejin rolled her eyes playfully, "Eat, love birds," she poked both of their lunches with her chopsticks.

Sungjae blushed even more and Jaerin chuckled, "Neh, neh~"