Chapter 32: Obvious But Oblivious

BAD BOY GOOD GIRL (BBGG)

 

Jieun POV

 

It had been two weeks since I last talked to Wooyoung as he kept avoiding me and he didn’t even bother to look at me. I felt hurt. Did I do something wrong? I’m just trying to fix everything that gone totally wrong but he seemed to hate it. I tried to talk to him as nice as possible, smile as sweet as possible at him but he just ignored me. He pretended like I never exist in his house. At school, the same thing happened. We sat side by side to each other but he rather talked to my other classmates that sat far away from us rather than talking to me. Oh...not to mention, during recess, he kept talking to Luna and he didn’t even bother about me, like I’m invisible for him...Luna sent us some weird gazes as she probably felt weird looking at our weird situation. Before this, we can’t stop talking to each other...even most of the time we ended up bickering with each other, but we still talked to each other like nothing happened after that. But this time, I can feel that our relationship was totally ruined over a stupid thing called love.

 

Over these two weeks, he kept going out with his friends...spending out more time with Gina unnie perhaps...I don’t know...In fact, I don’t need to know and I’m not even interested to know. Whatever he decided to do, it has nothing to do with me, since I’m nobody to him. Almost everyday, he will come back late at night and he always skip our tutor session with Joong Ki oppa. I don’t know how he will pass high school with good result if he kept acting like this...perhaps he didn’t want to face me during the tutor session. Finally, I made a decision that will benefit both of us...actually more to his own good as I wanted him to pass high school with good results.

 

He was about to go out as he took the car key on the table before I stopped him....

 

“Where are you going again? We got a tutor class with Joong Ki oppa today, remember?” I asked calmly.

 

He made some annoyed looks before continuing to walk away from me.

 

“Oppa...can we talk for a while?” I raised my voice a bit as I’m feeling really mad but I tried not to blow out. He stopped for a while without turning back to face me. I’m okay with that...as long as he listened to what I’m going to say.

 

“For the last time...I want to ask you this. Are you mad at me? Did I do something that offended you?” I asked curiously, trying my best to sound calm. Wooyoung just stood there silently without giving any respond to my questions. I tried to calm myself. I shouldn’t be mad in this situation.

 

“I’ll take that as a ‘yes’ then since you’re not giving any answer.” I added after waiting for his answer for a while as I knew he wouldn’t answer it anyway.

 

“Look...I’m sorry if I did wrong even though I don’t even know what is going wrong between us. I want to get over it but since you hate it, I’ll stop bothering you...and I’ll stop being a nuisance to you. But I hope you will stay for tutor class with Joong Ki oppa. He prepared a lot of things to you...the notes, exercises and all...please appreciate his efforts. Plus, you can’t pursue your study in US if you got horrible results. I know you want to get out from Korea as soon as possible...and I know you’re avoiding me, that’s why you skip our tutor session. Well, from now on, I won’t take tutor class with Joong Ki oppa anymore...I can study with Luna. In fact, I can move to Luna’s house if my existence in your house brings so much trouble to you. So, you don’t need to try hard to avoid me anymore...” I finished my long ‘speech’ with a relieved sigh. Finally, I can say those words to him. I looked at him. He still stood there without any reaction.

 

All of a sudden he laughed...it’s not a happy or teasing laugh that he always gave me but a laugh that made my heart torn into pieces...a painful laugh to be heard. Finally he turned around to face me.

 

“Op..pa...” I called him slowly, feeling shocked by his sudden laughs.

 

“Stop calling me that. I hate it!” He said harshly. I gasped, feeling confused by his reaction. I didn’t want to call him ‘oppa’ since I felt very weird to call him that but I needed to seal that word on my mind. I only called certain person with that word if I really respect that person and they gave me a brother vibe like Joong Ki oppa...but obviously, the same condition didn’t apply to Wooyoung as I never looked at him as a brother...I only called him like that to remind myself that nothing more than siblings relationship will happen between us. I need to set that in my mind so that I can get over him as soon as possible. I must.

 

“Lee Jieun...you really don’t have any idea about our problem or you’re just pretending like you know nothing? And yes...you’re a nuisance to me. A nuisance that I can never get rid off from my heart.” He walked closer to me while looking deep into my eyes.

 

“You don’t need to worry about my education and such...I can take care of it by myself. You’re trying to be a noble, good girl huh? Acting like you care about me and such...do you really care about this bad boy?” He added while glaring at me with a scary look plastered all over his face. He was just centimeters away from me. I’m quite scared but I pretended to look calm by crossing my arms.

 

I cleared my throat...I tried to say something...”Well oppa-------”

 

Before I was able to finish my words, my lips were sealed by his lips. I widened my eyes as I looked at him. He was kissing me with his eyes shut tightly. I tried to pull away but he won’t let me. After a while, he pulled away as I gasped for some air. I can feel my face reddened resulting from embarrassment and uncontrollable anger mixed together.

 

“What are you--------” I was trying to yell but he stopped me.

 

“I told you...don’t call me that. Well, a brother can’t do that towards his sister, right? So, obviously, I’m not your oppa and you’re not my sister...so, you can stop calling me oppa now!” He yelled back before he walked away, leaving me froze there silently...trying to process his words and figure out what’s exactly happened just now. After a while, I decided to yell....

 

“YAH!!! You bad boy!...no, bad guy!...no, jerk!...ert! Stop kissing me idiot!!!! And stop making my heart beating like crazy for you...” I yelled with all my might and slowly my voice lowered helplessly but I knew he can’t hear that since he already left with his car, leaving me dumbfounded there....

 

END OF JIEUN’S POV

 


 


Wooyoung’s POV

I drove away as fast as possible from the mansion, heading towards a night club since I made a promise to meet my friends there. I rubbed my face slowly...Yah, Jang Wooyoung...what are you doing just now huh? Get a grip of yourself, will you? Why you had to act like that in front of her? Seriously, I didn’t mean to do that kind of jerk things to her anymore...but she forced me to act like that. I hate it when she called me oppa, as if I’m her brother or something. I knew she is trying to hint that our relationship was just limited to siblings relationship and I needed to look at her as a sister...I seriously can’t do that no matter how hard I tried!

 

I tried to spend more time with my friends especially Gina nuna in order to avoid Jieun and I wanted to be sure about my feelings towards Jieun and nuna. But until now, I’m still confused about my feelings. Arghhh...why everything had to be so complicated?

 

I took out a bracelet from my pocket...Jieun’s bracelet that I kept close with me all the time. I never returned it to her and she seemed to forget about it. That slow girl...how come she forgot about the thing that supposed to be the most precious thing in her life? I seriously didn’t know how her brain works. She is a smart, brilliant girl but she tends to forget everything very easily...and I’m scared that one day, she will forget about me too. I tighten my grip on the bracelet, trying to gather some strength from it as it always worked out every time I did that. Just stayed with me for a little while...when the right time came, I’ll return you back to where you belong...to Lee Jieun’s hand.

 

A sudden knock on the car’s window brought me back to reality as I realized that I already reached my destination and Chansung is standing beside my car as I already parked my car in the parking lot.

 

“Yo dude...what are you doing here? Let’s get inside.” Chansung tapped my shoulder as soon as I came out from the car. I nodded slowly while making my way into the club. I realized that Chansung was smirking at me while shaking his head. I rolled my eyes in annoyance...whatever dude, I’m not in the right mood to joke around with you.

 

“Dude...you looks so troubled...as always. Come on, you can always count me if your case is related to love thingy...you know I’m damn good in case related to that kind of thing, right?” Chansung nudged me when we found an empty table inside the club. I sat on of the chair weakly as Chansung sat beside me while sending some curious looks at me. I glanced at my other friends and Gina nuna that kept dancing on the dance floor happily. They waved at me as soon as they spotted me sitting on the corner with Chansung. I waved at them back, faking a happy smile to them. They continued to dance after that.

 

“You look stupid, faking a smile like that...” Chansung chuckled as I shot a death glare at him.

 

“Dude...I’m totally not in a good mood right now. I appreciate it if you pretend like you know nothing.” I said nonchalantly.

 

“Is it because of Jieun-shi again?” He asked me while looking at our friends. I knew that I can never hide anything from Chansung. He is the weird, mysterious Chansung anyway...my best friend. I didn’t answer his question as I knew, he understood what I meant by that silent answer.

 

“Still confuse with your own feelings huh? Dude...it’s so obvious, only you remain oblivious about that...” Chansung said calmly while patting my shoulder. I seriously didn’t understand what he’s trying to say...this guy always talked in riddles. I don’t think I’m too stupid not to understand his words, it’s just that he always talked in that kind of weird ways...It’s not that I’m too dumb, right?

 

“Huh?” I furrowed my eyebrows, hoping that he will understand that I didn’t understand a thing from his previous words.

 

“Aish...why is it so hard for you to understand what I’m trying to say? Okay...listen carefully. These past two weeks, you keep spending your time with us especially with nuna...but you keep thinking about something else...no, someone else I must say. You spend your time with nuna but where your heart is? I observed you for these past two weeks and you seem so lost in your thought and spacing out all the time...not to mention about all the frowns and fake smiles that formed from your face. It’s so obvious that you keep thinking about Lee Jieun, am I right?” Chansung asked me calmly while folding his arms, looking directly into my eyes.

 

“No...I’m not thinking about her. It’s just that...errr...uh...” I tried to think of some good reasons to deny his analysis but nothing came into my mind...as he totally hit the jackpot.

 

“Whatever dude...don’t try to deny it as Hwang Chansung’s analysis is always right.” He said proudly while grinning. I ruffled my hair lightly, trying to cover up my embarrassment.

 

“Wooyoung...you need to learn how to let go of the past and grab the new chance in front of you. Past is past, just let it go. Just follow what your heart is telling you.” Chansung added while giving me a warm smile. Wow, I never knew this guy can be this serious but somehow, he managed to make me felt a lot better.

 

“You know what...you are right, dude.” I looked at him, trying my best to sound confident about my choice this time. Yeah...I should follow my heart.

 

“Dude...I got something important to do.” I was about to leave the club when Gina nuna suddenly grabbed my hand gently while smiling at me. I froze there.

 

“Where are you going, Wooyoung? Let’s dance...” and she dragged me to the dance floor. I looked at Chansung...he shook his head slowly while looking at me and Gina nuna.

 

“Let it go...” Chansung mouthed at me. I shook my head lightly...I can never say ‘NO’ to Gina nuna. You knew that better...Chansung. At the end, I saw Chansung shrugged his shoulders while sending me some disappointed looks. I’m so pathetic....

 

hey, don't be sad...i'll give you some sweet gif><

***coz IU love you><***

***wooyoung love you too><***


 

***no more exam....yay...now, i can focus on my ff...i promise that i will update more frequent after this. besides, i think this ff will end soon...hehe...i already have a plan for the final chapter>< ***