Interrogation [one-shot]

Interrogation

"Sir, the suspect has been taken into the interrogation room under your request."

A stack of paper is then extended towards him and he takes it with a nod. Striding across the white lit hall and taking a moment glance at the content, he blinks levelly to the side, where his subordinate is following alongside him, "Alright. I'm heading there right now. Just make sure that no one interrupts me when I begin."

"Yes, sir."

He watches as the other leaves around the corner, leaving him to his own devices. As of the moment, all he can see are a few people passing through- familiar people who are, in fact, checking upon the progress of their latest mission.

He takes a glance at the papers in his hand once more. It’s a good opportunity to check out the interrogation room right about now. Just as he’s about to make a turn for his destination, he’s suddenly pulled back by another person. Nam Woohyun, a fellow agent and leader of his squad. “Hey, I heard you caught him. The notorious hacker, SY.”

Shifting his gaze over to the male at the mention of the hacker, his eyes narrow slightly.

SY- the top man of a group of rebels trying to obliterate Korea’s technological resources. The entire police enforcement had spent months trying to locate him, only to figure out that he had been hiding in Seoul the entire time. It wasn’t even twenty four hours since their first meet with SY and by their incredible luck, they had managed to capture him, even though Myungsoo wasn’t there when it happened.

“Hn.”

Hearing this, the shorter male can’t help but to exhale in mild exasperation. “Myungsoo. Give me a straight answer. I thought we know each other better than that.”

“It’s you who initiated this…friendship. It’s not like I wanted it.” Myungsoo murmurs in response as he gives Woohyun a pointed look. It’s true; he prefers to have his solitude rather than having to interact with other people, especially when it comes to work. Past experiences taught him that reliance upon others would be useless if all they could do was panic and whine over menial issues. It made him how they even got the job in the first place. Woohyun, despite his somewhat childish flirty side, is decent. At least he can get the job done, he can admit to that.

“Ouch. I’m hurt.” Woohyun feigns a hurt expression, to which the younger male rolls his eyes over. He’s been exposed to that so many times that he’s immune. “But I’ll overlook that if you answer my question. From what I hear, he’s cute.”

Oh. Myungsoo narrows his eyes at him. “Don’t.”

“Don’t what?” the older male blinks in puzzlement.

“Don’t flirt, idiot.”

“Yah!” Woohyun exclaims, looking incredibly offended. “First off, I’m not going to flirt with the enemy. Secondly, it’s hyung to you!” When he sees the doubtful expression flashing across Myungsoo’s face, he tries to convince him once again, “Do I really look the type of person to do something like that?”

Myungsoo’s response comes almost immediately. “Simply put,....yes.”

The corner of Woohyun’s lips falls. “You know what, I’ll let this go just this once.” He sighs as he raises his wrist and checks his watch. “Ah. There’s a meeting I have to attend to right about now so let me in on the details when we meet again.” And just before he leaves, he sets his standards by pointing at the younger male, “I want at least an image. And call me hyung next time!”

Then, he leaves.

Finally is what his mind says once Woohyun disappears from his sight. With a shake of the head, Myungsoo cuts around the corner and takes the elevator down to where their special guest is being held.

--

There’s no one in sight by the time he arrives to the room located at the end of the hall on the lower floor of the building. Well, save for one. Myungsoo nods to the security guard standing on post and lets himself in through the door.

Shutting the door behind him, the first thing he checks is the security camera installed in the corner of the room, soon followed by the large ebony black screen  that's taking up more than half the wall beneath it. He knows what it is- a one-side window. He's just not sure if there are people on the other side witnessing his every movement, but considering that he had requested no audience, he’s pretty sure there’s no one there.

Hopefully. If not, there’s going to be hell to pay.

He shuts the door behind him with an audible click before his attention travels ahead to the person nearby. He’s young, that’s the first thing he notes about the male’s appearance as he eyes him from his position. He isn’t able to capture the face, however, since his head is hanging down.

The male is sitting beneath the dim lamp within the small, dark room and with it being the only source of light, it brings the seated figure out like a sore thumb. The interrogation room serves that sort of purpose- to add tension to the atmosphere, to pressure the suspect into confessing every sin they committed. Placing a hand on the solid wood surface of the square table, he takes a slow step forward, followed by another. And after a long moment of silence, he speaks up, his voice a murmur.

"Why don't you confess. The more you prolong this, the more you'll suffer."

A sarcastic chuckle suddenly escapes the male's lips as he raises his head to defiantly meet Myungsoo's eyes. Myungsoo can't help but to notice the large dark eyes and skin as pale as porcelain the male possessed. A pretty boy. "What is there to admit?"

Myungsoo merely quirks up an eyebrow at him, a slight smirk gracing his lips. Meeting the captive's narrowed gaze, he leans down with the support of one hand against the table and whispers, "You don't know what you're putting yourself into."

"Is that right. Do elaborate." is the response he received, voice faux innocent. Mentally, Myungsoo's amused. It's like a game being played between the two of them and neither wants to surrender to the other. If his partner, who's quite famous for his short-tempered personality and forceful persuasions, goes through the same situation as he is, the suspect would end up sporting plenty of bruises (and his partner would've gotten another pay cut. Again).

Letting out a low hum of contemplation, Myungsoo raise up the bundle of papers he received earlier and reads aloud, “Lee Sungyeol, age twenty two. Hacker by the name of SY, infamous across all of Seoul.”

The male, now Sungyeol, looks unimpressed by the information. His eyes, Myungsoo notices, is flickering up to the corner of the room. An inconspicuous gesture but he catches it, nonetheless. “What does this have to do with me?”

“We know who you are. We know of your deeds.” He flings the papers down before Sungyeol with a flick of the wrist before he sits at the edge of the table. “So you know that this act is pointless.”

“Ah, but you don’t have a shred of proof that I’m your target.” The suspect states with a hint of a smile as he reclines against his seat a little more comfortable. The chair’s made of nothing but solid wood so it’s incredibly uncomfortable to sit on. He makes a mental note in the back of his mind that in case if he returns to this kind of situation, he’s going to file a complaint beforehand.

Myungsoo blinks slowly. “There are proof. You just didn’t realize it, after all that running and hiding.”

A pause. “There’s still nothing to confess.”

Letting out a soft sigh in response, Myungsoo stares down at Sungyeol through half-lidded eyes for a few moments before a light frown mars his features. For some reason, he feels as if there are eyes boring into the back of his head. He has a feeling that the room next door is now occupied.

Wonderful.

Suddenly, a familiar ringtone fills the air and Myungsoo pulls out his phone to pick it up. “Yeah?”

It’s done.” the call ends with a click.

He gazes over to the suspect, who’s staring back up at him in return, his eyes glinting against the harsh light. After a moment of silence, he slowly lifts his phone away and tucks it back into his pocket. “I’ll be back” is all he says before he heads out the door. Once he steps out, he turns to the security guard, “Go inside and make sure the suspect isn’t doing anything suspicious.”

The guard appears to be confused but he nods anyway and enters the room.

Myungsoo then shuts the door behind him and heads over to the next room, where the one side window is connected. Upon entering, he finds three people in there- two, his co-workers and the remaining, his boss.

“Have you found anything?” his boss questions, his face stern and arms crossed over his chest. The other two looks intrigued as well. Myungsoo shakes his head in response. “He refused to cooperate.”

“I thought as much. Is it possible to just lock him up?” one co-worker asks, shifting his gaze over to the eldest of the group. “We know what he’s been doing. I mean, everyone’s aware of it.”

The boss rubs his temple. “He’s allowed a fair trial. We can’t do anything until he’s proven guilty.”

“That’s disa-what?”

Their attention is suddenly diverted to the room next door. The suspect punches the guard into unconsciousness, his teeth clenching together and his eyes focusing down. Just when they are about to head out to subdue the male, Myungsoo immediately distracts them with several punches of the fist.

“Yah, Kim Myungsoo! What are you-“

The door flies open and Sungyeol hurries on in with a raised fist. The three thinks the suspect is going to punch Myungsoo, considering he’s the closest; however, much to their surprise, Sungyeol aims for them instead. And together with Myungsoo- their betrayer, who, unfortunately for them, is one of the stronger members of their field, they are knocked out within a few minutes.

Myungsoo’s boss, collapses against the wall with gritted teeth as he shakily tries to reach over for the radio and call for reinforcement. Sungyeol snatches the device before he can do it, much to his dismay.

“What are you doing, Kim?” the injured man growls out, glaring at the unfazed male and heaving out soft coughs. Myungsoo simply straightens his jacket in response. “None of your concern.” is all he says before he crouches down to the older male and renders him unconscious through a vital point on the neck.

Well, that’s done. He gathers himself up and turns to Sungyeol, who’s been observing him a few steps away. Meeting the male’s gaze, he gives a quick tilt of the head toward the next room and mutters, “Take the guard’s uniform. We’re leaving.”

--

Myungsoo strides through the hall with a small sniff, observing the premise with a keen eye. Sungyeol is following behind him, his head lowered and his face obscured from the cap on his head. As they located the elevator, someone shouts out, “Myungsoo! Hey!”

Sungyeol flinches a little, just as Myungsoo turns to face the source. It’s Woohyun.

The short male slows his pace the moment he reaches the two with an exhale. Ignoring the other male, he focuses on Myungsoo. “Something’s wrong, Myungsoo.” He begins, his eyebrows furrowing together into a concerned frown. “Someone entered the security room and disabled all the cameras!”

Myungsoo takes a second glance at Sungyeol and sighs, “Hyung, calm down.”

“We need to go find the perpetrator immediately. He could still be within the vicinity so we just need to surround the area-“ he abruptly pauses to give the male a wide-eyed look. “Hey, you called me hyung for once!” Then, he shakes his head vigorously. “What am I thinking, we need to-“

Myungsoo pats Woohyun’s shoulder and nods in understanding. “Don’t worry. I know where we should start.”

“You do?”

A smirk graces across Myungsoo’s lips. “Yeah. Follow me.”

--

“You think anyone will find him here?”

Myungsoo shuts the door and claps his hand in mild satisfaction. Earlier, they lured the gullible Woohyun down the parking lot, where they knocked him out and tied him before sending him into the utility room that was conveniently nearby. “Doubt it.” He responds back before pulling at Sungyeol’s wrist toward his car.

Sungyeol’s cheeks puff out a little because Myungsoo’s grip is a little too strong so it must mean that the other male’s angry with him. Upon arriving to the vehicle and pulling the door open, sirens blare out all over the area. The entire enforcement must’ve been notified about his and Sungyeol’s disappearance.

Without another thought, Myungsoo turns on the ignition and within a few seconds, the car is speeding away from the complex.

Sungyeol turns his head toward the department before checking around the area. So far, no one’s tailing them, much to his relief. He turns back and relaxes against his seat.

But then, he remembers something.

Slowly, he eyes Myungsoo. “Myung…”

"Aish. You just had to cause trouble." Myungsoo mutters irritably, his eyebrows dipped into a frown. “You don’t know how worried I was.”

Sungyeol puffs his cheeks out at the male in response. “…I’m sorry.”

A sigh. “So what happened?”

“There’s a spy within our group.” The hacker starts, crossing his arms. “He’s been secretly taking out several of our members and before we knew it, most of us were cornered.”

The car stops on a red light and Myungsoo takes the opportunity to gaze over to the taller male. Reaching up, he then runs a hand through the back of Sungyeol’s head and pulls him over for a quick, feather-light kiss. “Don’t worry.” He whispers in reassurance. “We’ll just have to start a new plan. And next time,…” his eyes meets with Sungyeol’s. “we’ll be successful.”

 

End.

a/n: and that's the end of this fic. no sequel.
oh, and this may or may not carry a bit of reference to the drama, Ghost.
happy birthday to kim myungsoo! -inserts crappy mandatory birthday cake emoticon-

   i_i_i_i
_|*~*~* |_

+ thank you all for subsribing as well as for the wonderful comments and upvotes! you guys are wonderful <3