final

Flying on the Wings of Forgiveness

Hate is such a strong and powerful word to use towards someone. When you hate someone you hate anything and everything about them. It takes a lot of energy to hate someone. How do I know all this? Experience.

I have someone that I hate...with a passion! I wasn't always like this.There was a point in time where I did love this person...with a passion!

It took little to no effort of loving him. I loved anything and everything about him. And the love we had was strong and powerful. Until he did me wrong. It was an unforgivable and despicable act.

I had to show him, punish him by hating him. But I can't go on hating him. I'd be lying to myself if I kept doing this. It's not worth it anymore. I have no more strength or energy left of hate in me.

Like I said, hating someone takes a lot. I'm tired of putting on this act that I hate him. I'm worn out and I want to go back to loving him.

But how can we go back to how it used to be? How can I forget what he did to me?

The answer's simple...forgiveness.

I can't turn back the hands of time. But we can try to pick up the pieces and move forward. I'm not stupid, I can't simply forget what he did. But I will try to see through it and find the good in it.

Even through our hard times he has flourished. I've seen him grow into a better man. I've seen him try to prove himself worthy of loving again.

Now it's my turn to show that I've become a better person. To prove to him that I've also grown through this experience. And to show him that this broken love of ours is worth saving.

I'm going to shake free these bonds of resentment. Take a leap of faith. And take a chance....To spread my wings and fly. Flying on the wings of forgiveness towards the new horizon of love once more.

 

"Hey," I smiled up at him as he took a seat across from me. "I ordered you a coffee just like you like it," I said pushing the cup towards him as a peace offering.

"Thanks," he smiled back as he sipped from the cup.

We sat in silence for a moment, neither one knowing what to say next. Probably I should say something first, after all I was the one who asked him to come. "Youngbae..."

"Yes Minzy," he grinned at me knowing this was hard enough for me to come out here and talk to him.

I sighed as I looked down to the cup of coffee in my hands. What could I say? After our harsh break up all I've grown accustomed to saying to him were hurtful things to let him know how deep he had cut me.

Placing the cup down I couldn't help the grin that formed at my lips seeing my hand formed like the letter c where my coffee used to be, "Do you remember this?" I held my c shaped hand up to show him hoping that he understood what I meant.

He smiled and nodded as he mimicked me connecting his backwords c to mine forming a heart, "Yeah I do."

My grin spread across my face into a smile as I felt him interlock our fingers, that little touch was all it took, "I love you."

I saw his eyes water and mine did the same, "I love you too."

Taking our coffees we stood up never breaking our hands from each other. We had been apart for too long and it felt good to be intertwined with his fingers again, it felt right.

I sighed as I leaned my head onto his shoulder as we sat on a bench in the park enjoying the nature scene before us. It was a long way coming for the both of us. We had been through so much and grown so much, that it made this renewed relationship stronger.

Youngbae leaned his head onto mine as we continued to soak up the beauty before us, "I don't know what I did to deserve woman like you."

I turned leaning my chin onto his shoulder as I stared up at his deep brown eyes. He still had a hint of guilt in them. I squeezed his hand and smiled, "Hey don't do that to yourself. We all make mistakes. I mean I wasn't exactly an angel through it all."

He chuckled as he nodded, "True you did a pretty good job bleaching all my belongs."

I laughed at the memory of my crazy break downs, "Hey this is about you not me."

His chuckle faded into a sigh as he smiled down at me, "No it's about us."

"Yes it is. It's all about us now," I mirrored his smile as he bent down and sweetly kissed my lips.

 

Author's Notes:

I wrote this back in the day and it was inspired by India Arie's song Wings of Forgiveness. I just added a little more to it. I was going to make this a short ongoing fic but I like where I'm going to end this. Thanks for reading! <3