Don't Let Farewell Come!

Don't Let Farewell Come!

 

Taeyeon just finished doing some research paper from the library. She got all the books she needed. She was going to the school’s lounge to study. Even though she is a nerd, she loves studying at the lounge so she could relax and feel the nature while studying. Suddenly, a group of annoying girls pass by her and bump her making her fall on her knees. Luckily, Donghae is there to save her before she could fall to the ground.

“Are you ok?”

“Ne” Taeyeon said as she picks up her things. Donghae helped her.

They both stand up. “Thank you so much for helping me, Hae. I owe you a lot!”

“You can repay me with a dinner tonight!” Donghae smiled playfully

“No, Hae! I had enough! Not another date with him!” Taeyeon said as she walks along the hallway to the lounge.

“But I thought you like him!”

“I do! But…”

“But?” Donghae repeated the last word she said

“But…remember the last time we ‘almost’ had date? It was a MAJOR epic fail!”

Donghae laughs sarcastically. “See?”

Taeyeon took her things from Donghae and leave him. Donghae stopped from laughing and run to her. “But admit it, you have fun that night”

“I do… AND it’s the last time!” Taeyeon said, “I almost lose my spot as a salutatorian to someone else. It’s all I have and I’m never going to lose it! I can’t!”

“But what if he likes you too?” Donghae asked as Taeyeon put her things at the desk and sat at the chair. They finally arrived at the lounge.

“NO WAY!” Taeyeon said, “There’s no way he’ll like me too! He likes someone else” Donghae sat at the chair in front of her.

“How’d you know? Did he tell that to you himself?”

“And how’d you know? Did he tell that to you?”

“You know, Siwon and I were best buddies!”

Taeyeon stopped from what she is doing and looked serious, “But he never puts interest in me. It’s been 2 years since he ask my number and he still haven’t send any message at me”

“But you know how busy that guy is!”

“Hae, my answer is still NO! I must study hard. Mom will kill me if I got low grades”

“Fine!” Donghae said as he stands up, “Good luck on your studies then, Ms. Book-Lover nerd!”

She suddenly thought of what Donghae said as he leaves her. She couldn’t focus on her books and was very much bothered by Donghae’s words. She would love to have another date with him but she knew that she can’t fail on her academics. She’s the only hope of her family. After her father lose their company, it’s been hard for them to stand up again. Her father has to go to Japan for work and her mom is working at flower shop. If she got low grades, she won’t be able to help her family. She must study hard.

It was finally class dismissal. Taeyeon was about to go home when she saw Donghae at the gate with another girl. She went to him.

“YAH! LEE DONGHAE!” she shouts at his ears.

Donghae covered his ears, “Ya!”

He turned around only to found out it was Taeyeon. “What’s wrong with you?”

“What’s wrong with me?” Taeyeon chuckled sarcastically, “What’s wrong with YOU! Don’t you think I don’t know what you are doing?”

“What? I’m not doing anything wrong!”

“Oh! Really? Then what about her?” Taeyeon said as she raises her eyebrows

“What? Cant a single guy dates a single girl?”

“Of course they can BUT YOU ARE NOT SINGLE!” Taeyeon shouts at his ears again, “When will you think right, Hae?”

“Of course I am! And I know what I’m doing!”

“Did you ever think what your girlfriend might feel if she found out about this?”

“Yeonie, the last time I checked, my ‘ex’ girlfriend broke up with me and went to Europe!”

“No, she didn’t! She didn’t break up with you!”

“And how am I supposed to think about it? She left me!”

“You promised to wait for her. She said she’ll be back anyways!”

“And when will that be, Yeonie? I don’t even know if she still thinks about me! Or if she ever remembers there is someone here waiting for her”

“So that’s it? You felt tired of waiting so you’ll leave her like how she left you?” Taeyeon asked, “I thought you wouldn’t do the same thing she did.”

“I didn’t! She left me! I was just trying to move on!”

“Move on? Why does you sound as if she is gone, Hae?”

Taeyeon then left him at the gate. She hates it. She couldn’t believe that he would do the same thing she did to him. She went to her home and head to her room. She lies down at her bed and look at the ceiling.

“Why do you have to leave? Please just come back. I miss you already”

The next morning, Taeyeon was at the school’s lounge. She was reading her books when suddenly, she felt someone standing in front of her. She just keeps on reading her book.

“I’m busy” She said not moving an inch.

“Yeah, I thought so! But…” A young sweet voice of a man said, “Can I sit here?”

Taeyeon put down her book and look at the guy. She was shocked and blushed quickly.

“Mianhae.” She apologized sincerely

The guy chuckled, “What for? It’s ok!” It was Siwon

“So, I see you are alone” Siwon said

“What’s new?”

“Nothing, it’s just that I can’t help but wonder. Where is the fish?”

“I don’t know. Fishing, maybe?”

Siwon laughs, “I saw what happened last night”

Taeyeon looks at him and put away her book. “I just… I don’t understand! Why is it so easy for him to move on? I could still remember their ‘eternal love’ and promises to each other!”

“He was just trying to save himself from boredom” Siwon

“Boredom?”

“You know, dating another girl doesn’t mean he don’t love HER”

“So what does it mean?”

“Maybe he was just missing her. He needs to have fun too and to escape from depression!”

“I’ll never understand it”

“You don’t have to! It’s not like it’s gonna happen to you”

“What?” Taeyeon shook her head

Siwon smiled at him, “Look! You don’t have to worry about Hae because I assure you, he won’t dare fall in love with those other girls”

“I hope so”

“Anyway,” Siwon said, “I heard from Hae. He said you don’t want another date”

“WHAT???” Taeyeon’s eyes widened. “He said that?”

“So, I wonder. What made you don’t want to have a date with me?”

“I…um…” Taeyeon don’t know what to say. “It’s not about you, REALLY! It’s just…”

“Just…???”

“It’s just… I….”

“If I ask both of your parents about it, will it be ok for you?”

“I don’t know but….” Taeyeon said, “WHAT?”

“I’m going to ask your parents’ permission!” Siwon said confidently

“You’re going to do that?” Taeyeon couldn’t believe it

“I can do that, if it’s ok with you”

“But you know…”

“You know, I’m starting to think you really don’t want to.” Siwon said, “Another ‘but’, and I would really think you don’t want to have a date with me”

“Mianhae” Taeyeon apologized, “It’s just that, you know, my dad is at Japan and my mom is busy with the shop. They might not…”

Siwon chuckled and took Taeyeon’s hands. “I don’t care. I will keep on pursuing them no matter what until they say yes!”

Taeyeon’s blood was rushing through her cheeks. She blushed even more. She couldn’t believe it. Siwon is holding her hands. She felt like her heartbeat skips a beat. She couldn’t believe that she was able to touch the soft warm hand of Choi Siwon. She always wanted to hold his hands.

“Thanks, Siwon-ssi!” Taeyeon said as she blush

“Call me Oppa from now on!”

“Ne, Oppa!”

The bell rang. Taeyeon went to her room quickly. She couldn’t believe it. The room of the girls and boys were separated. But Taeyeon’s room is just beside Siwon and Donghae’s room. They were all on the same level.

During the entire class hours, Taeyeon was daydreaming. She was really happy. Her teachers don’t know what was happening to her. It was as if she intake an ecstasy. She was so high and really weird. She was smiling widely even though there is nothing funny. Her classmates could hear her giggling. She just had the happiest day of her life yet.

Meanwhile, at the airport. A girl went out of the airport and smells the lovely sweet air. She was carrying a luggage.

“Ahh! It’s so good to be back!” The darker skin toned tall girl said

Suddenly, a taller girl went out too and went to the other girl.

“Yeah, it’s been a long time!”

 

Taeyeon was at the auditorium with some other students. They were decorating the auditorium for the grand ball tomorrow evening. They were all excited.

“So, Siwon will be your official date tomorrow!” Donghae said while putting the decorations

“Yeah!” Taeyeon blushed cutely

“Aigoo! Look at you! Blushing again!” Donghae mocked her

“Ya! So what?”

Donghae went down and went to Taeyeon. “So, you are really leaving me on my own!”

Donghae pouted which made Taeyeon laughs. She messed his hair, “Aigoo! Such a cute innocent Lee Donghae!”

“Ya! Don’t mess my hair!”

Taeyeon started to run as Donghae was chasing her. They look like kids playing around. Another student notices them and scolds them, “Aigoo! Ya! Stop it you lovebirds!”

“ANIYO! We’re not!” they both said in unison

“Aish! Denying it again!”

Suddenly, they all heard the door closed heavily.

*BBBAAAAAMMMMM*

“Who could that be?” Taeyeon asked curiously

“I don’t know! Maybe some students who have nothing better to do!” Donghae said as he ignores it and went back to what he was doing. Taeyeon just followed him.

At the whole day, they were all at the auditorium. They were about to go home finally.

“Annyeong, Hae!” Taeyeon said.

“Ya! Hae, don’t get yourself in trouble, Arasso?” Siwon said as they go

“Aigoo! I’m not a trouble seeker unlike you!”

They all finally go. Little they know, there was someone else watching them

“You’ll pay for this, Kim Taeyeon!”

*Grand Ball*

All the students were at the auditorium. They were all having fun. It was a night to remember for all of them. While they were all having fun, the lights suddenly went out making all the girl students shout.

“Oppa!” Taeyeon called out

“Yeonie, I’m here!” Siwon said as he held tight Taeyeon’s hands

“What is going on here?” Donghae asked

“The lights~”

“Maybe some students who were pulling a prank turn off the lights!” Siwon said

“But I switch it on and it still doesn’t light on!” A student said

“The main problem is the switch!” Donghae said

“I’ll go there!” Taeyeon said hurriedly went to the switch room to check it out.

“Wait! Yeonie!” Siwon shout as he follows Taeyeon.

As Taeyeon was looking for the switch at the Switch room, her flashlight won’t work.

“Aish! Why now?”

Suddenly, she felt a hand grabbed her arm. She shouted loudly, “AHHHH!!!!!”

Siwon and Donghae who were following her quickly run to the Switch room. They quickly went to Taeyeon.

“Yeonie!” Siwon called out Taeyeon. He was worried

“YA! KIM TAEYEON! Where are you?”

Siwon then saw a smoke coming from the nearby room. They both hurriedly went to it. As they open the door, they saw Taeyeon. She was unconscious. She was lying on the floor while surrounding a large mass of fire around her. Donghae and Siwon quickly kill the fire by the fire extinguishers near.

After 5 minutes, the fire was gone. Siwon quickly took Taeyeon and carry her in bridal way. As they left the room, they saw someone there. Donghae’s eyes widened as he saw her.

“Soo?”

“What’s happening here?” Sooyoung asked. Her looks transferred to Taeyeon who was unconscious. “Come with me!”

They all quickly went to Sooyoung’s car. Sooyoung was driving her car while Siwon, Donghae and Taeyeon were at the backseat. They went to the nearest hospital.

While they were at the hospital, waiting for the doctor to come out, Siwon and Donghae was standing at the hallway while Sooyoung was sitting at the bench. Donghae looked at Sooyoung. He couldn’t believe she was here, at the unfortunate event.

“Since when did you come back?” Donghae asked not looking at her

“Shouldn’t you ask me what I am doing here?” Sooyoung asked back, “I just come back yesterday”

“You shouldn’t have come back!”

Suddenly, a girl came. It was Yuri, Sooyoung’s bestfriend. She quickly went to Sooyoung.

“I came here as soon as I received your call. Are you ok?” Yuri said worriedly

“You shouldn’t worry about her! She’s fine!” Donghae said coldly

“Ya! Lee Donghae~” Yuri said but was cut by Sooyoung

“Soo, I was glad seeing you but…” Siwon said, “I can’t help but wonder, what you are doing there?”

Donghae lift his head and look at Sooyoung. He just realizes it.

“What kind of question is that?” Yuri asked angrily. They were suspecting Sooyoung

“I…I was going to the auditorium from the comfort room when I heard a loud shout.”

“From comfort room?” Donghae asked, “How strange! There is no comfort room nearby! The nearest comfort room was at the 3rd building! While the crime scene was at the 1st building”

“Ya! Are you suspecting Sooyoung?”

“I don’t know”

Sooyoung stood up, “I understand why you’re acting like that but I am telling you, it’s not me!”

“Let’s just go, Soo!” Yuri said as she takes Sooyoung away.

The doctor finally comes out.  Both Siwon and Donghae went to him.

“How is she?” Siwon asked

“She is fine. There’s nothing to worry. She can go home anytime soon.”

“Can we check her out now?” Donghae asked

“Ne! She’s actually been looking for the two of you!”

The doctor left them as Siwon and Donghae went inside of the room. Siwon quickly went to Taeyeon

“Oppa!”

“Yeonie, are you ok?” Siwon asked. He wanted to assure himself.

“Ne! I’m really ok!”

Suddenly, Taeyeon saw Donghae’s face. He’s face was shocked.

“What’s wrong, Hae?”

“Nothing!” Donghae lied, “The doctor said we can get you home!”

“Ne! Let’s go home. I am starting to feel uncomfortable here at the hospital!”

 

The next day, the whole school was in chaos. The incident last night was a talk about around the whole school. They were all wondering who did that. Taeyeon entered the room. She can hear all their conversations.

“I heard that someone from the school did that!”

“Who could that be?”

“Hey! Did you already know? Choi Sooyoung is back!”

“Choi Sooyoung? You mean… Donghae-oppa’s girlfriend?”

“Ne! She came back and she was here last night!”

“Omo! There was a rumor that says that Sooyoung was the one who did the fire and shut down the lights!”

“But why would she do that?”

“I don’t know. Maybe she got jealous when she heard how close Donghae and Taeyeon are!”

Finally, their homeroom teacher went in. They all quickly went back to their seats.

“Because of the incident last night, the teachers along with some police were investigating what happened. We asked the students who knew something and was involved to step out and come forward.” The homeroom teacher said. After a minute, no one steps out, “Well then, I guess it’ll be all up to us now! All students must remain to their room”

Their homeroom teacher finally went out. The bell finally rang. Taeyeon was at the cafeteria with Siwon and Donghae.

“The whole school is very different!” Siwon said

“Ne!”

Suddenly, Sooyoung passed by them. Every student was looking at her. Taeyeon saw her and quickly went to her and hugged her.

“Sooyoung?” Taeyeon said, “Sooyoung! It’s been a long time”

“Oh!” Sooyoung saw Donghae and look somewhere, “Ne”

“When did you come back?”

“2 days ago. Before the grand ball!”

“Really?” Taeyeon said happily

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon seriously, “I guess they really didn’t tell you anything!”

“Huh?” Taeyeon shook her head, “AH! Come! Let’s sit! I want to ask you so many things”

“Probably not today, Taeyeon!”

Taeyeon noticed how Sooyoung called her. It was Sooyoung who first called Taeyeon ‘Yeonie’. “What’s wrong?”

“I can’t sit with them pretending everything is ok knowing it isn’t. I can’t sit with people who think that I’m the one behind of all of this!”

Sooyoung then went away as Yuri came. They left Taeyeon. Taeyeon went back to Siwon and Donghae. She was glaring at them.

“What was she saying?”

“Yeonie, Look!” Donghae said

“So it’s true? You accused HER?”

“But we can’t help it! She was there!”

“She was there DOESN’T mean she DID it!” Taeyeon was about to go but Siwon took her arm.

“Yeonie, we’re sorry. We didn’t mean it. It’s just that we got carried away by our emotions!” Siwon reasoned out.

“But…” Taeyeon said, “Look what happened! Everyone was starting to think it was her! It’s unfair! She just come back and yet~”

“Don’t worry. I heard that today, the result will finally come. We’ll soon know whose behind of all of this!”

Before they all go home, Taeyeon with Siwon and Donghae were asked to go to the Principal’s room. As soon as they entered they saw Sooyoung.

“Mr. Principal, you called for us?” Siwon asked as they entered and sat.

“You said you saw Ms. Choi at the crime scene?” The principal asked

Taeyeon looked at Siwon and Donghae, “Ne” Donghae answered

“Wait! What’s happening here?” Taeyeon asked curiously

“We found this” The investigator said giving Taeyeon a plastic of handkerchief and some things used in burning the place, “The handkerchief belongs to Ms. Choi and those things were found at her car.”

Sooyoung stood up, “IT’S UNFAIR! Yes, that handkerchief was mine but those things; I don’t know how it got there at my car!”

“That’s true! Why would she do it anyway?” Taeyeon asked

“There’s a student who saw Ms. Choi near the auditorium. The student said that Ms. Choi saw something and slammed the door heavily. We’re thinking it was because of jealousy”

“That’s absurd! I might get jealous but not to the point I will hurt someone!” Sooyoung said defending herself

“The investigation is over and the result is final. Ms. Choi, I hate it but you’ll be suspended for 3 days!”

Sooyoung chuckled in disbelief, “Suspended for something I’ve never done? Fine! I’ll accept it BUT I’ll never say that it was me who did it!”

Sooyoung left the room. She was followed by Taeyeon. Taeyeon quickly took her arms.

“Soo~ Wait!” Taeyeon said as she grabs Sooyoung’s arms

“Let go of me, Kim Taeyeon!” Sooyoung said as she let’s go of her arm from Taeyeon’s hand making Taeyeon fall on her knees. Siwon quickly helped Taeyeon to stand up.

“Soo~ I know you didn’t do that!”

“Oh, yeah? Why don’t you tell them that? If I know, you set me up to that!”

“I would never do that! What makes you think I would?”

“I don’t know! Maybe because I left without saying a word?” Sooyoung said. Her tears are starting to form in her eyes, “You guys would never understand me! I bet you all wished I didn’t come back!”

“Soo! Of course not!”

“It’s ok! It won’t be too long since you all won’t be able to see me again!” Sooyoung said as she goes away. Taeyeon tried to stop her but Siwon stopped her.

“Let me go!”

“Yeonie, stop it! She’s already gone!” Donghae said

“Why didn’t you even do something?” Taeyeon said angrily to Donghae, “You know her! You know she wouldn’t do such thing! Why didn’t you even defend her to them? I thought you still love her!”

Taeyeon went away. Siwon quickly went after Taeyeon. Donghae was all left alone all by himself. He didn’t know what to do.

Sooyoung and Donghae was the campus’ sweetheart. Everyone loves them and adores them. Sooyoung was an envy of all girls. She wasn’t just beautiful. She was kind, sweet, talented making everyone love her. She’s the reason why Donghae stay out of trouble and why Donghae tries his best to study. She hates it when Donghae gets in trouble with Siwon.

Sooyoung is very friendly. She’s the reason why Donghae is close to Taeyeon. Taeyeon would never forget how Sooyoung came to her and be friends with her.

One day, Sooyoung was at the hospital. She was confined to hospital for 3 days. The doctors found out that there was something wrong with her. Sooyoung has leukemia and she must receive treatment quickly. Her parents quickly send her to Europe with Yuri.

She wasn’t even able to say goodbye to them especially to Donghae. All she could say is that she’ll come back for Donghae. She doesn’t want to make them worry about her. She wanted to tell him badly but she knows that it’ll only distract Donghae from studying.

After 2 years, Sooyoung come back with Yuri to be with Donghae. She misses him so much. She wanted to see him, hear his voice, hold him tightly and never let go but it was all different now. She won’t be able to put back the past.

After 3 days of suspension, Sooyoung was finally backed at the school. For the entire class hours, she didn’t go to her room and just stayed at the garden. No students come to the garden. That’s where she always goes whenever she feels sad. Suddenly, she heard footsteps coming. She turned around thinking it was Yuri. But she was wrong. It was Donghae. She just looked away. Donghae went to her.

“So, you’re skipping classes now?” Donghae started trying to ease the awkward atmosphere

“No, I’m not! I’m just trying to save myself from people’s hurtful looks and sharp words!”

“Why?” Donghae asked in serious tone, “Why did you left?”

Sooyoung chuckled, “And now you’re asking. What made you ask such question? You said you weren’t interested about it anymore.”

“I never said that! And don’t try to change the topic!”

“Remember those Tulips? We used to describe our love with those tulips. However, like those tulips, our love will die if no one takes care of it”

“Soo, what are you saying?”

“Just like you felt tired of waiting, I think we should move on!”

“How’d you~” Donghae shook his head, “Sooyoung!”

“When I left, I thought I’ll be able to come back to where we stopped. I thought I would be able to bring back the time and come back as if nothing happened. I was so happy when I come back. I thought I would be able to hold your hands again and walk with you forever. But it was all just my wishful thinking”

Sooyoung sighed heavily and turned around looking at Donghae.

“We never get to say goodbye to each other but now we can.” Sooyoung’s tears formed, “Let’s take separate ways and move on”

As soon as Sooyoung said those words, tears escaped from her eyes and flow through her soft beautiful young face. She tries to stop it but it won’t.

“Just at least tell me why” Donghae said sadly looking at Sooyoung’s eyes. He was sad hearing it from Sooyoung. Even many years that passed, his love for her still remain the same. He still loves her as ever.

“Hae, I’m sorry” Sooyoung was about to go but Donghae grab her hand. He pulled her closer and hugged her back. “Sooyoung, please”

“You’ll soon know. But I can’t tell it to you now”

“I don’t understand why. Why can’t you? Tell me!”

“Because I don’t want you to get hurt! I can’t say it”

“But I’m hurting right now, Soo. What’s the difference?”

Sooyoung tried to escape from Donghae’s tight hug but Donghae didn’t let her. Instead, he even hugged her tighter. “I won’t let you go if you don’t tell me”

“Hae!”

“Fine, if you really won’t tell, I’ll ask Yuri or your parents!” Donghae let her go and was about to go but Sooyoung stopped him. “Hae, don’t!”

“Then tell me!”

Sooyoung was about to say it but suddenly, her chest felt heavy. She couldn’t breathe. She almost fell if Donghae hadn’t caught her.

“Soo? What’s wrong?”

“My bag! Please…g-get….it!” Sooyoung said. Donghae quickly go and get her bag. Sooyoung scattered all of her things at the ground. It seems she was looking for something. While she was looking for it, something rolled at Donghae’s hand. Donghae took it. It was a medicine.

“Is this it?” Donghae asked hoping it isn’t. Unfortunately, it is. Sooyoung quickly grabbed it and drink her medicine. She was coughing badly while trying to catch her breath.

In few minutes, Donghae stood shocked. He didn’t expect it would be. Though, Donghae hates studying, he knew what that medicine is. It was a medicine for Leukemia patients. Sooyoung looked at him worriedly. She then fixed her things and stood up. She knew his reaction would be like that.

“Hae!” Sooyoung’s voice was cracking

“Is…Is that…why?” Donghae asked shivering. Now he knows why.

“I’m sorry, Hae!”

Donghae couldn’t believe it. He went out leaving Sooyoung there. He couldn’t believe. Now he knows the reason why Sooyoung left him and he couldn’t accept it. He hates himself. He hates himself for being stupid thinking the reason why she left him is that she doesn’t love him anymore.

Donghae was walking when suddenly Siwon and Taeyeon passed by him. They quickly went to him.

“Hae, what happened to you?” Siwon asked curiously

“Ya! Lee Donghae” Taeyeon shouted trying to catch his attention

“What?” Donghae asked

Taeyeon happily said, “Sooyoung! We finally found out the truth!”

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked curiously

“It’s not Sooyoung who started the fire, it was Hwang Miyoung of Class 4-C” Siwon said

“Korom?” Donghae asked

“It’s not Sooyoung! Miyoung was expelled!” Taeyeon said happily

Suddenly, they saw Yuri running towards the garden. It made Donghae afraid and froze. He went to the garden quickly. He was followed by Taeyeon and Siwon. As soon as he arrived at the garden, he saw Yuri crying. He saw Sooyoung lying at Yuri’s lap, unconscious. He quickly went to her.

“Donghae! Sooyoung! Please help her!” Yuri said while crying.

Donghae carried Sooyoung. He quickly took her to his car and drove. They went to the nearest hospital.

While waiting at the Emergency room, Yuri was sitting at the bench. Taeyeon was trying to comfort her.

“Yuri-ah! Please stop crying!”

“How can I stop crying?” Yuri said, “It’s my entire fault! I shouldn’t leave her! I promised that I will always remain by her side! But look what happened! She needed me. She called me but I wasn’t there!”

“Don’t blame yourself!” Siwon said

Taeyeon turned serious and asked Yuri, “Is there something you’re not telling us, Yuri?”

Yuri looked at Taeyeon. She was hesitating until Donghae looked at her. “Sooyoung! She is sick!” Yuri revealed

“Sick?”

“Ne. 2 years ago, when Sooyoung was hospitalized, the doctors found something in her blood. They found out that she has leukemia. Her parents send her to Europe so she could receive treatment but none of it worked!”

“What do you mean?” Donghae asked shocked

“Sooyoung…is... She is dying!” Yuri said.

Donghae was taken aback by Yuri’s revelation. He didn’t know that Sooyoung is dying. He thought that she’s finally ok that’s why she came back but he was wrong, instead, she was dying. The doctor came out. They all quickly went to him.

“How is she?” Yuri cried out

The doctor breathes heavily, “I’ve seen her medical records from Europe. They say that she is dying. I reviewed it and~”

“Please just tell us how she is!” Donghae said cutting the doctor.

“Sooyoung, she is very sick. She needs to undergo treatment. We have found out a way to save her.”

“Way?” Siwon asked, “Not cure?”

“We couldn’t assure yet that it’ll be a cure but we are now in the midst of discovering a cure to her disease. We are only lucky that her disease isn’t as dangerous like others. There’s still hope. We are working with some European doctors too!”

Everyone was happy with what they heard. Not soon after, Sooyoung was transferred to the other room. She was still unconscious while they were all taking care of her. They were waiting for her to wake up.

Suddenly, while Donghae is patiently waiting for Sooyoung beside her bed, he felt something moved. He quickly looks at Sooyoung that made him capture their attention.

“Sooyoung?” Donghae called out.

In few minutes, Sooyoung’s eyes opened. She was looking around finally looking to the person holding her hand, it was Donghae. Yuri quickly went to Sooyoung crying because of joy.

“Sooyoung! You’re awake!” Yuri said with tears on her face still smiling.

“What happened?” Sooyoung asked almost whispering

“You fell unconscious!” Yuri answered, “You scared the hell out of me!”

“Sooyoung!” Donghae said making the girl look at her. He smiled brilliantly at her

“Why…?” Sooyoung said as she shook her head.

“Hae brought you here. He helped me!” Yuri answered, “If not for him, I wouldn’t be able to bring you here. Thanks to him!”

Sooyoung smiled too little. It was as if something’s bothering her. “Sooyoung?”

A tear had escaped Sooyoung’s soft and young face. She couldn’t help but feel uneasy.

“Now that you had found out that I’m sick…”

“I will remain by your side, forever!” Donghae continued her sentence, “You should have told it to me earlier”

“But you will never understand…”

“I will! Because it’s you, Sooyoung. I will do my best and give my best to understand you, because it’s you, the one I only care about!”

“Forget it!” Tears keep flowing in her face, “I’m dying anyways! What for?”

“NO! Who says you’re dying?” Donghae’s angry expression was written and shown all over his face, “you’re not dying, and even if you are, I will still do it because I can’t live without you, Soo! I can’t! I’m already suffering from 2 years that you are gone, I can’t suffer lifetime without you, Soo! I love you!”

The last word he said made Sooyoung’s heartbeat skip a beat. She was taken aback. She never thought that the whole time she was at Europe receiving treatment, there’s still someone waiting for her. She always thought Donghae had forgotten her and got weary of her but she was all wrong. Taeyeon then went to Sooyoung.

“We’ll be here for you!” Taeyeon smiled widely at Sooyoung

 

“Siwon-oppa, palli!” Taeyeon shouted. She was in a hurry

“Arasso!” Siwon said as he runs to Taeyeon who was waiting at the car. “You know, they won’t go somewhere else”

“Just get in here and drive!” Taeyeon demanded

They quickly went away. At a private resort house owned by Donghae’s family, Taeyeon and Siwon went in meeting halfway with Yuri. She was happy seeing them.

“Wonnie! Yeonie!” Yuri said as she runs to them, “How are you guys?”

“Never better!” Taeyeon said happily

“Aigoo! She was so excited in coming here” Siwon said receiving a light punch from Taeyeon. Yuri laughed watching the couple. “Let’s go in?”

As they went in the living room, they can’t help but admire the beautiful beach that view that appear before their eyes. Siwon asked, “Where’s Hae?”

“Why do you always ask about Hae?” Taeyeon asked irritatedly

“What? Didn’t Hae tell you? We were best buddies!”

“’Yeah, I’m sure he had said that 5 years ago!” Taeyeon said as she rolls her eyes, “Where’s she?”

“Oh! They went to the market!” Yuri said, “She was adorably cute that the fish can’t say no to her!”

“Looks like she has grown very good! She’s just like her mother!”

Suddenly, a lively sweet little voice was heard and a little girl appeared running before them. The little girl immediately went to Siwon and hugged him.

“Siwon-oppa!” The little girl said as Siwon lifts her up.

“Aigoo! When did you grow up so big? You’re just like your mother!”

“Soohae-ahh!” Taeyeon said cutely

“Taeyeon-unnie!” Soohae exclaimed, “Unnie, where’s my present?”

Taeyeon chuckled, “Here!” Taeyeon gave Soohae a box with a beautiful gift wrap. A man then appeared making the little girl run to him. “Appa, look! Taeyeon-unnie gave me a present!”

“Kuraeyo? Wow!” Donghae said looking at the present, “Did you say thank you?”

“Oh! Jeongmal Kamsahmnida, Unnie!” Soohae said in cute way

“Omma will be happy if she saw this!” Soohae said, “Appa, when will we visit Omma?”

“Don’t worry! We’ll visit Omma today, only if our Soohae behave very well!”

“Ne, Appa! I will!”

5 years had passed but it still feels like it was just yesterday for them. Taeyeon and Siwon both studied in the same university. Since they started dating, they were almost inseparable. Yuri, on the other hand, had finally met her prince, Kim Ryeowook. They all went to the cemetery.

“I hope she’s happy where she is now!” Siwon said as they look at the grave

“She should be!” Yuri said

Donghae was holding hands with Soohae while walking to the grave where they are.

“Omma!” Soohae called out happily and run to the lady who’s waiting for her with open arms.