He's Out Of My League

He's Out Of My League

“I like how you captured the rugged landscape with the brown Sunny; it makes your sky look lovely yet mysterious.” L. Joe told me, his dark brown eyes shimmering.

I felt my cheeks heat up with pleasure as I watched him study my painting. Having just finished my VCE, my mum and dad allowed my boyfriend and I to have some time off, so here we are, at the Blue Mountains, taking a three week break.

My boyfriend L. Joe was a Korean born boy, born by the name of Lee ByungHun, but I called him L. Joe. He was a year older than me, and majored in art at the University of Melbourne, so I guess you could say he was out of my league.

“Sunny, I think to make your canvas even more picturesque you could use less of the tropical purples and yellows and more of the rocky reds and browns to make it more scenic.” He stood back, his overgrown dyed blond hair blowing around in the breeze.

“Other than that, it’s beautiful, just like you.” I rolled my eyes but smiled when he kissed me on the cheek. L. Joe was a total romantic who thought everything about me was amazing, even the painting that looked like the remnants of my Weetbix to me looked like a ‘splendid piece of artwork’ to him.

You can see why I think he’s out of my league.

“Sunny! Look over there at the eagle soaring over the clouds! Add that in your painting!” He closed his eyes and I just watched him, his calmness was so soothing, it was something that just naturally emanated out of him.

I found myself admiring him, his backpack on his back and a stick in his hand. It was so graceful even in this vast, rough place we were at.

L. Joe came to me, his eyes crinkling up at the large smile that adorned his face. He took my hand and led me to the edge of the cliff.

“Look at the dense forest-mountain range we’re at Sunny, it’s like out relationship right?” Sometimes he was a bit too romantic, and being the dumber person I was, I ended up not understanding half of it and just stared at the shape of his lips.

“Our love story has been coloured in like you coloured in the painting. Sometimes it’s craggy like those caves over there, but it always smooths out.” He pressed his cheek on my head.

“Our love is fertile, because you always find new ways to surprise me, even though I know you inside out.” I never knew there were so many bloody adjectives in the dictionary that a human was able to use in one go!

So I decided to throw my random suggestion in, just to make sure I didn’t look like a loaf of bread next to this wonderful poetic god.

“The river is pristine, just like my love for you.” His smile assured me it worked.

Suddenly, he knelt down and took out a red velvet box. My mouth became dry and I gasped when he opened it to show a sparkling white diamond, towering over a thin gold band.

“Baby, my love for you is river deep, mountain high. Marry me?” I jumped for joy as I squealed a yes and he hugged me tight and planted a kiss on my mouth.

Can I say it again?

Just one more time?

He’s out of my league.

 ~~~

Hey guys, here’s another oneshot from me….

Sorry if it’s short…

Originally I wrote this down for my tutoring class, and the guys’ name was actually Joe lol, but I thought you might enjoy this so I typed it down anyways.

I had to use a lot of words to describe the scenery, like craggy and pristine and dense and stuff, but I deleted some for this just in case I wrote something like..

“My love for you is like a beautiful piece of ornate crystal with little beads of pristine, clear, shimmering water on top.”

Hahahaha…..

Hope you guys liked it!

If I get enough comments, I’ll expand this into an actual story….

Or the CAP one I’m about to post…