Missing You

Missing You (One-Shot)

 

I was looking for a new beanie to match with the new top that I just bought. When I was trying a few beanies and looking at the mirror, I saw you. Your back was facing me. I approached you to say hello but you turned out to be a different person. I mistook that person for you.

 

“I’m sorry,” I apologized to her.

“It’s okay, people make mistakes,” she smiled at me.

 

When I saw her smile, she reminded me of you. The way she talked made me smile like how I used to smile when I heard you talked. The scent of her perfume was exactly smelled like the perfume that I gave to you. I did not know what came through my mind but I wanted to make her just like you and love her. If I do that, I will be able to forget you then.

 

“As an apology, would you like to have a cup of coffee with me?” I asked her.

“Sorry, I don’t drink coffee,” she rejected me.

“What about a glass of orange juice?” I tried again.

“Hmmm… I guess I do have some time for a glass of orange juice,” she finally agreed.

__________

 

“I’m Lee ByungHun. It’s nice to meet you,” I stretched out my right hand for a handshake.

“Shin SooAh,” she replied to me coolly and ignored my hand.

 

I remembered our first meeting. You were cool too. Even when we broke up, you were still very cool to the extent that I could not look directly at you because I was feeling guilty. I decided to look down without telling you the truth about my reasons of breaking up with you because I knew that I would be caught immediately if I looked at you and avoided your eyes.

 

“By any chance, do you have a boyfriend?” I asked her.

“Wow,” she was taken aback by my sudden question.

“Even if I don’t, does it really matter to you?” she questioned me.

“Ah… Great! I’m just afraid that someone will beat me up when he saw me with you,” I answered her.

“Okay… I finished my orange juice. Can I go now?” she asked me.

“Errrmmm before you leave, can I get your number? I want to get to know you more,” I passed my cell phone to her.

“Here you go,” she keyed in her number and placed my cell phone on the coffee table.

 

I hated myself for seeking her in you but I could not help it. My heart wanted to know her and forget about you. The love kept of changing. In your situation, you met and loved me. While being in a relationship with you, I think that our relationship was like an empty cracker. We had no true feelings for each other. We could not understand each other too and it was my fault for unable to reach out both hands to say that I was sorry and I loved you. After breaking up with you, I missed you.

__________

My relationship with Shin SooAh got better after meeting each other for the fifth time. We started dating each other too. Whenever I felt like seeing you, I would call her out. Whenever I missed your scent, I would hug her. I know that I was being selfish but what can I do?  It was hard to be alone as the time without you by my side is killing me.

 

“Hey, I thought you were kidding about coming to my office,” she smiled at me as soon as she saw me.

“Lee ByungHun doesn’t kid around. I miss you,” I lied to her. I actually missed you.

“Ah… That’s not a surprise anymore,” she shook her head. Her style was different from you.

“I’m glad that you have some time to meet me today,” I thanked her.

“I need some fresh air. I need to rush back in to the office in five minutes,” she informed me.

“Before you go in, can I hug you?” I asked.

“Woah, did anything happen?” she was surprised.

“No…” I shook my head.

“I felt sorry for not giving you a hug you after we agreed to date. I should have been a supportive and encouraging boyfriend instead of an awkward one,” I told her. I actually missed your scent.

__________

 

Although that feeling for you vanished because I know that you are not coming back to me anyways but thinking of how much I missed you, it hurts me. I wanted to make SooAh more like you and I wanted her to resemble you more because whenever I missed you, I could just look at her and think of you. However, even if she replaced you, she cannot be someone like you…