Bye Bye Glatsonbury.....Hello Akadou High....

~The One For Me~
Chapter 1Bye Bye Glatsonbury.....Hello Akadou High....
 
 
 
 

“How Can they do this to us?” Seohyun exclaimed as we sat in the school cafeteria with our untouched-cold coffee. It’s been more than an hour that we have been sitting here like zombies complaining about our misfortune. 

“What’s the use now...they did warn us....only if we had been a little careful....” I finished my sentence in the mid way
“But nana...i don’t mind transferring schools due to my poor grades....as long as it is not Akadou High school! Oh out of all the schools in this crap like country did they only found Akadou to dump us in? They’ve seriously got to be kidding! Everyone and I mean everyone knows Akadou High is our rival in all kinds of ways....from academic performance to clean walls of the toilets...EVERYWAY! And Akadou students! OH they are the WORSST! They would do anything to bring us down! ” Seohyun made her all time angry face... Eventhough I was as upset as her I burst out laughing...

“WHAT ARE YOU? You are laughing at a time like this? ........Could it be that you have gone insane just thinking about stepping in Akadou high? Oh god nana! Get back to your senses... look it’s not as bad as you think...i am sure it is not... don’t worry we’ll be doing fine okay? U just get back to your senses already!!!” Seohyun started uttering nonsense which made me laugh harder...... now as I laughed my head off Seohyun just sat there watching in great despair..Finally I was able to speak...
“Dude I am.......not insane....Akadou high’s not...... enough to make....me....insane...it’s.......you! Ha-ha!” I tried to speak but in between I just kept laughing...

The bell rang just as Seohyun was about to give me a big slap...

“You are saved because of the bell u duck face! Let’s get going to class...we’ve already missed 3 in a row... we might as well get the most of it while we’re here...from next week onwards we’ll be Akadou slaves!” Seohyun lifted me to my feet and picked up her bag which had been lying on the floor all the time.

We entered the class just as the second bell rang... Quickly we found our seats and settled down..

Mrs. Kim, the math teacher, entered the class and started on with her lessons... moments later a crumbled piece of paper landed on my desk..It had ‘To Nana’ written in one corner. I quietly uncrumbled the piece of paper, careful not catch the attention of Mrs. Kim. I read the note. It was from my great friend of all time, G.Na.

“Hey I heard you and Seohyun are being transferred to Akadou! Is this True? Tell me it’s not! Reply A.S.A.P.
*G.Na* “

I picked up my pen to write back to G.Na. Just then I heard Mrs. Kim mention mine and Seohyun’s name.
“Nana and Seohyun! On your feet!” Mrs. Kim was glaring at her notebook fortunately...

“As we all know, before the Term ending exam last semester, the management of the school had announced that students with poor academic performances will be transferred to another school, in order to improve their performances. It turns out that Nana and Seohyun will be leaving us due to this very reason starting from next week. Nana and Seohyun, I hope you will do a good job and return to us with flying colors. Okay that will be all for today. Don’t forget to do your homework. Those who don’t complete, it will be algebra sums for the whole week!” Mrs. Kim left the class with that...

Just as soon as she left the class G.Na came whooshing like a rocket, grabbed a seat and settled down in front of me. 
“This Is NOT happening! It can’t happen! We are not in a position to lose such people like you and Seohyun! You are the greatest player in our table tennis team and Seohyun is our all time basketball star! WE CANNOT LOSE YOU TWO to those...those...garbage like ppl!!” G.Na was practically shouting...

“Dude! Chill! We don’t play for losers like them! We don’t play for Glatsonbury, we don’t play for anybody!” Seohyun said approaching us. 

“Hey don’t get me wrong guys...i am not telling you not to play for them if you have to..i am just saying that we are not willing to lose you guys... you know what I mean right?” G.Na said looking at us.

“Yea we do...and don’t worry... it’s not like others are bad at it... they just need to practice and concentrate more in their game! That would set things right.” I said packing my stuff to leave the class.

“Yea if only they’ll be more willing to do that” G.Na said with a sigh.

“Hey don’t worry okay? Everything’s gonna be alright...and get yourself together... we’ve got a party to rock!” Seohyun said rubbing her hands together and with an evil kinda smirk on her face.

“Party?!” G.Na and I both said together... what was she thinking? 30 minutes ago it seemed like she would eat the management’s heads off and now she is talking about partying? God knows what’s wrong with her.
‘What? ...don’t you guys think we should enjoy this? No no I don’t mean enjoying the entire School transfer thing... I mean we should make the most of the time left to hang around together while we still can... Who knows what Akadou high has to offer us..They might even eat us alive” Seohyun said with a chuckle...

“Uh-huh! I so agree with you on that one...i am in! Nana, how about your place tonight? I hope your mom won’t mind...” G.Na said looking at me with hopeful eyes... Seohyun joined her too...

“Hehe...okay I’ll check things with mom and let you guys know alright? As for now, I have to go run some errands for mom... See you guys later...And stop giving me that look!” I said making my way to the door...

I put my things in the locker and made my way to the school gate as I heard a familiar voice.
“Hey Nana! Wussup? I don’t seem to see much of you these days...” it was my classmate from bio class, Song Joong ki.
“Oh hey! Yea...i have been cutting a lot of classes these days...well mostly because I don’t quite understand what they teach...anyway how have you been?” I asked him with a smile.

“I am as usual... anyway, I heard you and Seohyun are being transferred to Akadou High...It isn’t true is it?” joong ki asked me...
“The more I hate it the truth it is.... I hope I wouldn’t stop seeing you around even if we change schools...after all you have been a great tutor to me in the past months.” I gave him a warm smile.

“Oh yeah sure, anyway got extras now got to run...see you later!” He gave me a wave and left

“Yea...see you later!” With that I also left for the bakery to get the doughnuts my mom had ordered for..............

The next morning, I woke up to the sweet aroma of my mother’s pancakes... I opened my eyes and BHAM! Somebody’s hand hit right on my face... Seohyun’s! She was sleeping next to me, and she was snoring! Loudly! Next to her lay G.Na...one leg on top of Seohyun... 

“Girls! Breakfast is ready! Get ready or else you’ll be late for school! Seohyun and G.Na need to be home before they make it to school nana! It’s your last day at that school and I am sure you brats don’t want to miss it! Hurry up! And clean up the mess in your room! The empty plates, bottles, and snack packets from last night are lying all over the floor! Hurry!” Mom called from the kitchen.

“Yes Mom!” I yelled on top of my voice as I brushed seohyun’s hand off from my face. I quickly got up and started to pick the trash lying on the floor. By the time I was done Seohyun and G.Na woke up too...
“You could have woken us up to do that you know” G.Na said in between a biiiig yawn...

“Don’t mind you are half asleep even now...get up and get ready...We need to go to school and you guys need to go home before that!” I said putting the stuff I collected into a large waste bin bag.

“Mmmmm! That smell! Must be your mom’s pancakes!” Seohyun said getting up.
“First brushing!” I said pulling Seohyun towards the bathroom... G.Na followed giggling... in less than 10 minutes we 3 were sitting at the dining table having breakfast. After breakfast we said our “bye see you at schools” and Seohyun and G.Na went home to get ready for school and I made my way to the showers.

While I was getting ready for school I received a text message. It was from joong ki.

‘Hey can you meet me today before you leave school? I need to tell you something’

I wondered what It could be... several minutes later I received another text message... it was Seohyun.

‘Yo! I think I left one pair of my socks at your place! Think you can bring it to school? I am sure eventhough it’s our last day they would check the uniform code...what a bummer! Thanks anyway... P.S be careful it might smell! =P’ I laughed at the text message, found her missing pair of sock and made my way to school...

“Okay kids...that would be all for today... and no homework for the weekend, you all did enough work during the classes... anyway lets tell our goodbye’s to Seohyun and Nana...this would be the last class with them together...” the bio teacher, Mr. Park said gesturing his hand towards me and Seohyun.

Seohyun sat behind me and beside me was joong ki who was staring at me during the whole class.... maybe I got something on my face or something....and then I remembered his text from the morning... anyway I didn’t let it bother me much.... 
The other kids started to say their goodbye’s and good luck’s and do well’s and by the look on Seohyun’s face I knew she wanted to get it over with as soon as possible...after all we had preparations to do...

After classes were over I made my way to Joong ki’s locker....he was leaning against his locker eyes glued to the floor.....
He straightened up and smiled as soon as he saw me....i smiled back... as soon as I caught up to him he gave a bigger smile...That made me laugh a little...

“What?” asked joong ki.

“Nothing.... just... nothing....so what was it that you wanted to say” I asked him getting to the point...

“Uuhhh...yeah that...umm.... not here” he said glancing around.

“Huh?” I asked unable to understand what he was talking about.

“I can’t tell you that here... let’s go somewhere else...i hope you like waffles...I’ll treat you to one... they sell pretty yummy ones in starbucks cafe” he said showing the way with his hands in a playful manner....

“Oh okay... I love waffles... thanks” I said following his way....

Moments later I was experiencing the most delicious waffles available in town! Joong ki just sat there watching me eat...i didn’t realize that I was being stared at before I gobbled down all the 3 waffles he ordered for me....after finishing mine I looked at his plate which had been untouched..

“Joong ki why aren’t you eating?” I asked him...

“Nana...i... I really....i really....” he kept stammering...

“You really what?” I asked curious to know what he wanted to tell me...

“So you guys are here eh? Nana! I have been looking all over for you! And how could you do this to us? You are dating joong ki and you did not even dare to tell us? Such a friend....” I glanced at the doorway of the café we were seated at.... it was G.Na... and Seohyun... the both were staring at me as if like they were more than ready to tease me my pants off... Seohyun came and helped herself to the seat next to joong ki.. G.Na sat next to me.

“So lover boy... forget about nana! How could YOU not tell us? You always said I was like a little sister to you... so how come you did not think of sharing this little important secret?” she asked nudging his arm in a playful manner...

“Who said anything about dating? Joong ki was jus treating me to awesomely delicious waffles!” I said trying to clear the misunderstanding...

Seohyun looked at the plate in front of joong ki. “You! You have to treat us to waffles too...why only nana eh? Not fair” Seohyun made a face at joong ki.

“Could it be? Could it be that you wanted to treat her to waffles and then ask her out on a date? Like a confession... Oh Nana I love you! Would you like to be the butter in my peanut butter sandwich?” G.Na teased us holding Seohyun’s hand...

“Oh Joong ki! I’ll be more willing than ever... not only butter to your peanut butter sandwich, I’ll even be the socks which go on your feet every morning! I love you too my sugarplums pumpkin!” Seohyun joined in too... Then the four of us bursted out laughing...

“Sheesh that is soo cheesy!” Exclaimed joong ki.

“And Gross!” I added.

“Whatever...joong ki! Consider yourself lucky today Cox I have to go get my new school uniform now... or else I would have ripped you off for all the waffles in the house today... Catch you guys later!” with that Seohyun ran off...

Then I remembered the incomplete conversation... “So what were you saying? You really what?” I asked joong ki.
“What what? Don’t tell me you were already confessing to her?” G.Na started on again. I hit her foot from under the table. “Sorry carry on!” she laughed the teasing off.

“Nothing...much... I just wanted to say that I would really miss you when you leave... no one will come after me to study bio anymore...” Joong ki gave me his warmest smile.

“Oh...I will miss you too joong ki” I smiled back.

“If you guys are done with your ‘I’ll miss you’ ‘I’ll miss you too’ should we get going? We have extra today.” G.Na reminded us.
“Oh yes of course the extra. I had totally forgotten. Thanks for reminding. You guys wait outside, I’ll go and pay the bill okay?” joong ki said standing up. We stood up too.

“Hurry up or else we are going to be late!” G.Na shouted over her shoulders while we helped ourselves out the café. A minute later joong ki came out and we made our way to school...

It was the next Monday morning... I lay on my bed, not having the heart to get up... it made me sad and mad at the thought of not being able to hang around with my friends which I have grown up with, had most fun with and shared every memory with- be it bad, good or great... my mom entered the room as I was making up my mind about not going to school...

“Nana... get up dear, you are going to be late for school...it’s your first day at your new school and I don’t want you to be late” my mom said hanging my ironed uniform on the hanger.

“Mom, I don’t feel like going to school...” I whined as I pulled all the pillows and got all comfy again. My mom smiled and sat beside me on the bed.

“You know nana, your dad used to be like that too... he always made excuses not to go whenever his workplace changed...but every time he does I always forced him to go...one day he was making excuses more than usual... but still he went because I insisted so much.... he went... and he never came back...” tears swelled up in her eyes as she remembered the bitter memory... I sat straight on my bed and hugged her shoulders.

“Mom...don’t be like that...please... it’s not your fault.... everyone leaves when their time comes... it just happened that the time came too early for dad... and eventhough we can’t see him, he is always with us in our hearts...” I rested my head on her shoulders... a moment of silence went by... the silence was broken by the tone of my phone ringing...i checked to see who it was.. it was Seohyun.. 

“Nana! I don’t feel like going alone... think you can meet me at the bus station?” she asked as soon as the phone touched my ears.

“Yea ok... I’ll be there around 30 minutes” then I hung up the phone.

“It was Seohyun, she wants to go to school together...guess I have to go... can I have your delicious cupcakes for breakfast today mom?” I asked staring at her with puppy eyes

“Of course sweetheart! Get ready soon” she said standing up after giving me a hug.

“Thanks mom” I smiled at her.

After an hour or so, Seohyun and I were standing at the front gate of Akadou High School. It looked so different from Glatsonbury even from the outside...

‘Akadou High! Here we come’ I thought as we entered the gates of the school.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************