Prologue

Yunho, The Host

Prologue.

"Hello there, wanna come back to my place?" Wink.

Urgh, no. Never.

What ever happened to the common pick up line?

What happened to the age of courting and romantic gestures?

Why is it in the age of the 21st century, we have technology, the most advanced medicine and yet, we seem to fail in the basic common forms of communication?

What is this language of 'ttyl', 'gtg', ‘yolo’? Is it that difficult to say and type 3 or 4 words? Lazy.

I want to be courted. He doesn't have to be Mr Darcy. Nor doesn't he have to be a male protagonist from any of Jane Austen's novels. But a man who opens the door once in a while or offers to pay, instead of sitting their waiting for you. I just want to be appreciated once in a while, is that too much to ask?

Maybe I should have been born in an earlier century. But call it what ever you want...here I am, standing outside a club, I never thought I'd have to enter.

Dolphin's Cove.

A ladies club.

No, not stripping.

A host club.

It's been open for almost a year and became very popular, very quickly when it opened. The magazines praise the gentlemanly behaviour, the pretty faces and the ethical conduct. Call me stupid, but I'm sick of dating the "average joe". Not that going to a host club can be classified as "dating". But obviously, I am not thinking clearly.

So here goes nothing...

Taking in a few deep breaths, I walked forward pushing the doors open, and was suddenly greeted by a room of handsome men.

Oh my...

"Good evening, Princess. Welcome to Dolphin's Cove."