Letting Go

Letting Go

I didn’t know when or how it even came out to be this way. We were friends who had grown into lovers. Where did we go wrong? Did we jump into this too fast?

“Get out of my face,” you shouted at me throwing that new vase we bought to decorate our simple living room.

“No! I hate you,” I shouted back with just as much force.

Every night is the same filled with hateful words and things being thrown around the house. Wasn’t this supposed to be our dream home together?

“I’m sick of this,” you shouted as you stormed out of the house slamming the door behind you.

“Youngbae,” a faint call escaped my lips as I fell to my knees. Crying like I always do every night, I hold myself wondering how I continue to let myself go through this torture. “Why Minzy? Why?!”

I’m confused and torn when I watch you walk out the door leaving me alone to suffer. How did our love turn out this way?

My tears stain my cheeks and fall hitting the glass underneath me making a small sound that draws my attention. Looking down I see a photo of us smiling. Back when we were happy.

Reaching out with my trembling hands I brush off the glass and bring the photo closer for me to see through my blurred vision. There we were me and you, me with a smile from ear to ear while you were kissing me on the cheek with a smile on your face.

A grin tried to form at my lips, but failed as the tears continued to fall. Letting out a gasp as I placed my shaking hand onto my cheek that you had kissed long ago. I couldn’t feel it. I couldn’t imagine it.

I can’t remember when I smiled like that, since my days are filled with darkness and loneliness. I can’t remember when you kissed me so sweetly like that, since all I get is disgusted glares if I come an inch near you.

But this photo in my hands tells me otherwise, that we were happy and deep in love. Placing the photo over my heart I let out a cry for help, for someone to save me or give me the strength to leave this hell hole.



Not allowing myself to think this through I ran up to the room and began to pack a bag, shuffling from room to room grabbing random items that I’m not sure if I really need, but take them anyways. “Do it Minzy,” I scolded myself out loud as I quickly zipped up my overstuffed bag and grabbed the keys.

Writing a quick note to you to not come after me, was pointless since I know you wouldn’t care if I did leave, but I did it anyways. Throwing it on the bed I ran out the house and threw my bag into the passenger’s seat before jumping into the driver’s seat and bolting for the street.

Even though I was shaking uncontrollably with tears blocking my vision I stepped on the gas. Gripping the steering wheel tightly before my hands would try and shift the car to go back, I focused on going forward.

“That’s it Minzy! This is it,” I shouted to myself.

Sobbing as I had the gas pedal pushed down all the way to the ground, it felt as though I really was escaping him. I was escaping the memories of us, of the hurt, and especially escaping you!

With the fast rthym of the car humming as it rushed down the streets I turned up the music to full blast to block you out. Letting the world zoom past me I was able to somewhat control my emotions.

“It’s for the best,” I told myself as I weaved in and out of the cars. “I’m doing this for the both of us,” I cried harder when I saw the city lights disappear behind me letting me leave and finally letting go.


 

Author's Notes:
I opened my laptop and felt like listening to Park Bom- Don't Cry. When I was listening I felt like writing something sad since I feel like I haven't written something sad in a while haha. thanks for reading! <3