Daylight

Daylight

 

 

DAYLIGHT :

 

The first rays of the sun will soon filter through the shuttered window open. In the bed of the cluttered room a body is sleeping peacefully. Close to the body is a second ; this one more awake than ever. Woohyun leans to get a better view of his lover, a faint smile stretching his lips without his consciousness. His heart beats faster than usual, he can feel it. Yet he’s not moving, doesn’t hold his breath ... "So that’s what love is. "He murmurs to himself, the tip of his finger tracing the contours of the face of the young man asleep.

He knows that he will have to leave soon, have to slip out of these purple cotton sheets  which seem to be more valuable than silk to him. He will have to leave the person who has given him a taste for life, for a term that seems interminable to him. A sigh escapes his lips as he sets his eyes on the digital clock. 4:38AM. Time passes too quickly.

 

He doesn’t want to wake his lover, but the idea of ​​being so far from him for so long corrodes him, and despite the night they just spent, he continues to desire him ardently. He rests his lips gently on his neck, brushes them against his jaw and finally come to taste his lips. The sleeping man doesn’t even squill and Woohyun refrains himself from laughing. He observes his face and thinks he is like a child. Howon is a child anyway. "Heavy sleeper. "He whispers with a smile before moving his arms around the waist of the youngest, pressing his back against his chest. In reality he feels relieved; Woohyun knows he won’t wake up when he’ll leave, and that’s a good thing. He always hated goodbyes, and even more if he has to say it to the only person who makes him feel alive.

He closes his eyes to avoid seeing the hour of his departure approach but doesn’t sleep either. He can’t and he doesn’t want to. He wants to enjoy this moment and engrave it in his memory. Since it’s going to be his last memories with the person he loves, at least why not making them as magic as he can and not waste his time sleeping ? Slowly, he buries his face in Howon’s brown hair, smelling his shampoo. Coconut. He laughs silently, realizing that he had never paid attention to this kind of detail before. And suddenly he starts to hope that he will be able to find this kind of shampoo in France too. Just to "remember".

 

The sky tints itself in an orange shade and Woohyun knows it's time. He gets out of bed without a sound, rushes into the bathroom to get dressed. His heavy suitcase is already in the living room, he planned everything to not disturb Howon.  "Wake me up when you leave at least, okay? " This is what he asked after Woohyun flatly refused him to come with him to the airport. Woohyun said yes, feeling somewhat ashamed of this lie. But he couldn’t do otherwise. It’s Howon who had pushed him to accept these cook studies in France.  It’s for him that he was leaving. But if he woke him up, Woohyun knew he would give up immediately. He grabs a piece of paper on the coffee table and scribbles a few words he doesn’t  really believe.

 

"Only three years.  It will pass quickly.

Wait for me, okay? '

 

He then returns to the room, puts the paper on the bedside table and looks for the last time at his lover who still looks so peaceful. His jaw so finely drawn clenches probably due to his dream and his lips are still red from the many kisses they exchanged overnight. Woohyun always found Howon beautiful , never seeing any flaw despite the complex that the youngest has because of his eyebrows. But he can’t afford to linger, so he gives him a chaste kiss on his lips, tells his lover he loves him and leaves the apartment while repeating the words : just three years.