Final

Just the way you are [ONESHOT]

 

Kai

My hands were sweating and I wiped them once again against my trousers. I gulped and let out a deep breath. My heart was pounding wildly. Breathing again I looked at the mirror. My hair was matted against my forehead. I had been dancing for hours, just trying to perfect this for her. It had to be perfect. Just like her. She didn’t deserve anything less than that.

“Okay Kai bro. We are gonna do this.” I muttered as I the song once again.

Bruno Mars’s beautiful voice filled the room. I took a deep breath and launched into the dance with all the passion I had in me.

her eyes her eyes make the stars look like they’re not shining
Her hair her hair falls perfectly without her trying
She’s so beautiful and I tell her everyday…’

I swiveled and landed a perfect pirouette as I imagined Shaily’s smiling face before my eyes. I instantly forgot my face.

“Aish.” I muttered with a stupid grin as I nervously scratched my head and stopped the music.

Man. If I can’t do this just because I imagine her face I’ll probably die in front of her.

Grabbing my water bottle I pulled off my shirt as I entered the locker room nearby.

Ruffling my hair I stepped into the shower and let the warm water run over my body. I could almost feel the energy radiate from me.

It wasn’t a special occasion really. It was just one of those days I wanted to make her smile so hard. I wanted to see her grin at me, her eyes twinkling with so many feelings. Love, pride, passion and so much more was captured in those beautiful brown orbs of hers.

I could give anything for that look of hers. I had never known perfection before she came along. You know how they say in movies that you just look at a person and you know they are the one for you? Well that’s what happened when I first lay my eyes on her and I still wonder why she accepted my fumbling, stuttering request for a date.

She had just laughed with the same twinkle in her eyes and looked at me with an adorable expression on her face and nodded shyly.

I fell head over heels for her instantly.

Our first kiss was such a mess. I was supposed to spend the day with her and end up on a hilltop, staring at the nighttime scenery of Seoul and then I was supposed to take her hand shyly and then softly kiss her. What happened was that some rabid fangirls chased us into a dark alley and we had to leap across a wall only to fall in a bush where both of us lay for a considerable amount of time because we couldn’t get up. It had just happened then. Her lips softly pressed against mine and my face went a rather embarrassing shade of red instantly.

What was she to me you ask? She’s my everything. It seems dramatic but it is true. No matter how bad my day was when she’s happy everything becomes okay. No matter how amazing my day was if I can’t see her smile then it means nothing.

I knew this was love. And I’d never felt it so strongly before. She was my one and only. She was the one who I wanted to have a family with. I wanted to grow old with her. Love her all through her life and always be beside her. I wanted to see her face the first thing in the morning when I was an old man and tell her how beautiful she was. Of course she wouldn’t believe me. I would stare at her secretly while she made coffee in the kitchen and I would bring her breakfast in bed at times, just to see that look of surprise and happiness.

The song ran through my head again as I stepped out of the shower and pulled on a wifebeater and shorts.

‘Oh, you know, you know, you know I'd never ask you to change
If perfect's what you're searching for, then just stay the same
So don't even bother asking if you look okay’

Ruffling my hair with a towel I made my way to the practice room to pick up my bags to be met with a strange sight.

There she was, spinning adorably to the music, a smile of pure happiness on her face as she fooled around. Her laughter rang through the whole room as she spotted me and bounced towards me.

I didn’t even know when I had started smiling like a dork as she grabbed my hand and pulled me.

The perfect choreography was forgotten. The dance I had practiced for hours was forgotten. What remained was her. And as she grabbed my hands and spun me around with that smile on her face I laughed too. I had got what I wanted after all.

We jumped and bounced around as Bruno Mars kept singing.

She ran around and I chased her. She jumped and I jumped with her. She random danced and I did the same.

All too soon the song came to an end and she smiled and came close to me as I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her.

“What was that for?” she giggled and lay her head on my chest.

“For just being you.”

She smiled and sighed as I lowered my head and tucked a stray lock of hair behind her ear as I sang,


‘When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
'Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
'Cause girl, you're amazing
Just the way you are’