Final

Goodbye

 

Remember when we met? You used to think that I was older than you.

From the start so serious, so quiet.

I took me a long time get closer to you, always protected by an unbreakable shield.

When we became nearby, I ask you the reason of your silence and I remember that you answered that it was because you were raise to listen, not to talk.

But, Do you not know, my love, that I listen to you?

Now, while I observed your tears fall silently, Why don’t you talk? Why don’t you let me listen?

Key cries loudly a few meter away from you, while Jonghyun holds him and Onew doesn’t cry, doesn’t move, he just looks at nothing.

And you my love? You cry away from the others, you never liked that other people get to see your weakness, your vulnerable side. You try desperately dry your tears, hide them.

Do you not know that I will be always here for dry your tears?, Swallow your sobs?, Carry your suffer?

I would like to hug you, I would like to slide my fingers through your dark curls, whisper in your ear over and over again how much I love you, how much I will miss you.

If they allow me to stay with you, I would. I would stay an eternity or I would leave at the time you asked. Because no matter how far you ask me to go or how deep is the ocean that you would ask me to swim or wich planet would you like to visit, I would do everything for you.

But life is unfair. It takes away what we want most, at the wrong time.

It’s not your fault my love, nor mine. It was destiny that did not want us together, it was a major force what separate us.

Stop blaming yourself, I can see how the guilt fills your chocolate eyes, making them darker. Nobody could of predict what would happen, not even you, that you’ve always been so invencible

No words can describe the pain that I feel see you cry, seeing how your eyes lost in the dark coffin in the center of the room.

If I could change the last 24 hours of my existence, I would say again and again how much  I love you, I would kiss you until my lips hurts, I would see you until your image is saved in my eyes, in the back of my brain. I would ask you to talk to me, so I can hear the thick tone of your voice. I would observe your eyes to get lost in them, marvel at the chocolate shades they offer me.

And I would apologize for all harm that I ever caused you, I would say sorry for having to leave next day.

And finally, we would make love, until the dawn forced us to separate. I would cherish your body all night, I would taste the bittersweet flavor of your skin and when the time of separate us, arrived, I would drink your tears.

When the final moment comes, when finally the land cover my body, cry, scream, but tomorrow I want you to not spill a single tear for me, and eventually find someone who loves you.

But, can I be selfish, my love? Do not forget me, keep a little corner in your heart for me. Because I never will, even though my body remains underground, my soul moves on, my heart is here with you.

~

The night progresses slowly, darkness reigns until the sun begins to rise slowly and you’re still here, in your seat.

Key stopped to cry long time ago, he is now asleep on Jonghyun's shoulder, who also sleeps.

Onew is out, slept a nap at some point in the night and now is drinking coffee in order to keep awake. You're still here, sitting silent.

For moments you cry, and other you do nothing. Your eyes have dark circles, and they look smaller, remember how I used to make fun of your big eyes? Especially when you were surprised, or when you laugh out loud.

I will miss you so much, the endless nights of talks, the laughs, the way we used to bother with tickling, kissing, your presence ... all of you.

The hour of saying goodbye is approaching and I’m afraid that I still don’t want to leave, I don’t want to say goodbye.

Onew reenters, and the pallor of his face, the way his body trembles, everyone knows that it's time.

You say nothing, you get up from your seat and you shake slightly to Jonghyun, a look is enough to transmit the message. Jonghyun stands and lifts Key, which understand the situation and starts to cry again, this time more quietly.

You go out and people waiting outside, directs you looks of pity. My parents are defeated in a corner, you go to them and you give them a hug. Thanks for doing it, because you know they need that hug, much as you

Is time to begin the march, to walk the final stretch.

All walk in silence and can only listen the sobs of Key, you keep by my side, as usual. When we got to the place where I'll stay forever, someone gives me a few words, but you don’t listen, I know for your look.

But once the coffin begins to lower, you break finally. You let fall knees on the floor, imploring them don’t separate us.

Not do this love of mine, because my departure will be harder.

I yearn so much listen at this moment your laughter, your cheerful voice.

And although that Key, Jonghyun and Onew cry so desperate beyond, I can only listen to you.

The land covers me finally, and you are more calm, people will you murmur words of comfort, a few hugs. But I know that nothing is enough to silence your pain.

They all leave, and it’s just you and me, it's the goodbye. The moment we both wanted to avoid, but that we knew that would come

What are the right words to say goodbye to the love of your life?

I don’t think they exist, because this is just the physical goodbye, I will always be here with you my love, my heart always next to yours.

Listening to you, loving you.

 

A/N: Well here it is at last, sorry for any mistakes. Well, it was not be so long as I thought. _______. But I hope you throw a tear. Thanks for reading! Comments are love ~ In case was not clear, Taemin is narrating