Myungsoo

Protecter

 

"Wait!" Myungsoo yelled behind you as he desperately tried to catch up.

Tears streamed from your face, everything around you was blurry. The stinging pain from being pushed and hit by Myungsoo's sasaeng fans left every part of your body weak and red. 

You stood there in your tracks, the sound of Myungsoo's run sunk into a gentle walk. 

"W-why? W-why did y-you let them d-do this to me?" You stuttered.

More tears began to fill your eyes, now sliding easily down your sweaty face. Unable to face him, embarrassed that you're crying, you begin to run down the dark narrow alley in front of you. 

*2nd grade*

"Myungsoo! Myungsoo!" You shouted from a distance. 

A group of boys from an older grade approach Myungsoo. You see them pushing him around and calling him names. Being the fearless child you were, you run up to him and dragged him away by the collar. 

"Look! Myungsoo has a girlfriend! What a loser!" The group calls out. 

Walking away quietly to a bench, you take out a napkin from your jacket pocket and wipe the blood from his broken lip away. 

"Gomawo..." He mumbled, looking down at the ground. 

You gave him a big smile, and in your cheeriest voice you reassured him, "I'll always be Myungsoo's greatest friend and protector!" 

*6th grade*

"Myungsoo! Myungsoo!" You yelled from a distance. 

"Myungsoo?" You slowed down your run as you saw what was up ahead. 

A gang of guys from your class began to punch Myungsoo in the gut one by one. Soon, the beating got worst.

"HAJIMA!" You yelled at the gang. 

Running up to Myungsoo, you manage to pull him out of the gang as they begin to laugh crazily. 

As soon as they weren't in sight, you pull a napkin out of your pocket. Dabbing the blood on his broken lip gently, the look in his eye gave you a shaking feeling. 

"Why do you get picked on so easily?" You laugh slightly trying to brighten up the mood. 

Myungsoo looks you in the eye slowly. From his glare, you sense a feeling of anger and shame. He flicks your hand away from his face and runs off. 

You look at the blood left on the napkin, "You're welcome..."

*10th grade* 

"Myungsoo! Myungsoo!" You yell as you spot him in a classroom. 

From the windows, you realize it wasn't only him in the classroom, the class bullies were in there too. The sight of Myungsoo taking all the hits gave you the instinct to walk in and pull him out. 

Pushing the doors open to the class you shout angrily, "HAJIMA!" 

The bullies ultimately stop in the middle of a punch, they all look at you. 

Walking towards him, you tug at his arm, "Let's go."

Without looking at you once he shoves you off and you fall onto the hard, wooden ground. Your whole forearm was scratched and bloody. 

A group of girls walk into the class and look at you from above. 

"Pathetic." They spat on you and everyone began to laugh. 

Feeling embarrassed, you set your gaze on myungsoo who only looked out the window as if nothing happened. 

Leaving the school with a bloody arm, tears couldn't bother with streaming down your face since you have experienced worse. 

*30 minutes ago*


"Myungsoo! Myungsoo!" You yell as you push yourself through a crazy crowd of girls. 

Myungsoo looks at you like a pathetic peasant as you hand him a box. The crowd becomes silent with only a few mutters to be heard. 

"I made this for you to share with the infinite members for a successful debut!" You offered while panting. 

Not accepting the box, he lets out a cough as he looks away. People began to yell names at you deep in the crowd. 

"Pathetic!" one girl yelled dragging you into the crowd of angry fans. 

They all shove themselves towards you, tugging and pulling at your hair and flesh. 

In the distance Myungsoo only looked at you with sad eyes, but did nothing. Police were soon called to break everything up. Only you were left on the ground. 

Myungsoo walks up to you offering his hand. This time you let out a scoff. 

"What? Now you're offering your help? After your sasaeng fans have beaten me up? Now is the time you help me?" You mutter angrily, getting up in pain. "Thank you myungsoo, thank you." You say as you begin to tear up.

Running away, he begins to follow you.

*

A quiet street was visible at the end of the alley. Losing breath and power in your legs, you begin to slow down. 

Myungsoo grabs you by the arm and spins you into a hug. Your face is pulled into the warmth of his chest. He hugs you tightly and your cries are muffled into him. But the pain overpowers you and you can't help but be furious. You fling yourself out of his arms and stare him down angrily. 

"Myungsoo...Myungsoo..." You manage to say, salty tears fall into your mouth. "Remember? My Myungsoo who got bullied all the time is now a famous celebrity with sasaeng fans. My mistake, I mean L. L with a friend who did everything to save him from getting beaten, who also got bullied too, but did L ever help?" You begin to realize how pathetic your life was and how much of a burden you must've been to him. "Was I a burden to you, L? I'm sorry I was so bothersome. You were like a brother, a father, a mother, a whole family to me which I never had! You pushed me away as you were accepted by everyone...and I was left alone..." You begin to choke on your tears as you back step slowly. 

"Y-ya...come back here. I'm sorry...I'm sorry, okay? I was wrong, I was pathetic, I should've done something, but I couldn't, okay?!" This time he looked like he was actually in pain. 

Your vision became blurry and in the corner of your eye you saw a bright white light. You look to your front as Myungsoo ran towards you, everything seemed to slow down. 

"ANDWAE!" He yells and it seems to echo in this empty street. 

Pushed back, you fall on the hard pavement and you see Myungsoo get rolled under a truck. 

"Andwae...andwae..." You begin to cry harder, desperately trying to get up, but your ankle is sprained badly and your arms were torn and bloody from the impact of the fall. 

You crawl towards him wedged in between the wheels, leaving a trail of blood. Carefully putting your hand on his bloodied face with trouble, he opens his mouth. 

"I was supposed to be your family right? …I promised that too...but…I was foolish…and I still am. Forgive me...plea-" 

"Myungsoo...Myungsoo...Myungsoo-ya!" You cry harder as he dropped his head. The warmth on his face disappeared gradually. Wailing of sirens could be heard in the distance. 

You manage to slowly, but painfully lift yourself up and limp away from his body. Slowly in the dark night, you make your way to the school where you met Myungsoo. You climb each stair one at a time with no rush. 

*1st grade*

"You don't have a family? But everyone has a family!" Myungsoo insisted. 

"I don't have a family. They tell me I have a family, but I don't believe they're my real family, I think they call them a foster family." You say with sadness in your voice, "Sometimes I wish I had a family..."

"I'll be your family!" Myungsoo offers with a bright smile on his face. 

"Really? You'll be my father, mother, and siblings?" You sound excited as he nods energetically, "You're the best! Myungsoo is certainly the best!"

*

Managing to finally reach the rooftop, cold gusts of wind push your hair back as you open the door. Each step was followed by a sharp pain. With the last of your power, you stand on the edge of the building. 

You were my family, right, Myungsoo? It hurts so much to live without family...

I'll see you soon...Myungsoo...