Hidden Love

Hidden Love

 

Valentine’s Day was just 4 days away and Taemin still didn't have a date. He had been asked by quite a number of girls, but for some reason he didn't have an interest in any of them. Taemin wanted to find a valentine he would be with for a long time. Who knows, maybe until the last Valentine’s Day he lives to see.

Taemin was sitting in math class beside his best friend Jinki. He hadn't been asked out by anyone for Valentine’s Day. Jinki was always really shy, he had trouble talking to girls. Taemin felt bad for him sometimes, he has never had a girlfriend.

"What are you thinking about Minnie? You seem to be concentrating a lot, try not to hurt yourself." Jinki said with a laugh.

 

"I'm not you." Taemin said back laughing harder. Jinki blushed and stopped laughing. "Sorry, I guess that was kinda mean." Taemin said frowning and putting his head down.

 

"It’s okay." Jinki said and smiled again. "So has the lucky lady asked you out yet?"

 

"No, I don't have any interest in any of the girls that have asked me."

 

Jinki smiled to himself. "You will find someone, don't worry."

 

"Hopefully it will be me" Jinki thought.

 

For the rest of class Jinki thought about the day he met Taemin. It was early July and he was new to town. He went to the park near his school to play, but nobody would play with him. He was twelve years old at the time, and one of the other boys pushed him over. He fell scraping his knee's hard on the pavement. It was so painful and humiliating. He sat there crying for a while. "Are you okay?" Said one of the other boys. Jinki looked up to see the most adorable little boy ever staring back at him. The boy said his name was Taemin. From that day forward they were best friends. They were even in the same class, even though Taemin was a year younger. Jinki started school late because he had a late birthday.

 

Then there was when his dad past away. That was when he realized he loved Taemin. Just over a year ago his dad slid on black ice while he was driving and crashed. He passed away from the impact, he was the only one involved. Jinki was a mess, he couldn't eat, couldn't sleep. Taemin started coming over every day, distracting him from the pain, forcing him to eat and holding him close while he slept. He thought maybe Taemin loved him too, but he never mentioned it.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The bell rang and both of the boys went to their lockers to grab their stuff. They were going to meet up in front of the school to go hang out at Jinki's. Taemin opened his locker and noticed a piece of paper fall out. He looked at the folded piece of paper, it had a heart on the front. The note read;

Taemin,

That bright summer's day,
in the grass we would lay.
Telling each other all of our secrets,
knowing each other would keep it.
A hot day in the sun,
who knew it would be so fun.
That's when the burning would start.
The love burning in my heart.

 

Xoxo, Your Secret Admirer.

 

Taemin stood there staring at the note for a while. He didn't know who would send this to him, but he really wanted to know. Deep in thought about the note he was getting his stuff packed up.

 

"Taemin! What’s taking you so long?" Jinki yelled to him from down the hallway.

Taemin shoved the note in his pocket. "Sorry, I'm ready to go now." He said following Jinki out of the school.

 

The boys walked down the street towards Jinki's house. "Tae, are you okay? You seem distracted."

 

"Yeah I'm fine, I just got this love note in my locker and I have no idea who it could be from." Taemin said still in deep thought.

 

"I'm sure you'll figure it out soon, but for now let's go in so I can kick your in Halo." Jinki said pulling Taemin towards the door.

 

"Bring it hyung!" Taemin said with a smirk.

 

The boys were playing for hours, side by side and laughing. "You know, I'm glad you stopped to help me that day at the park." Jinki said smiling.

Taemin laughed at the older. "You always have been quite clumsy. I am glad too hyung, you are the best friend I could have found."

 

Jinki smiled, he distracted Taemin enough for him not to notice right away.

 

At 9:00 Taemin went home, on his walk he was trying to figure out who it could have been. He thought maybe Krystal, they had been friends for a while, but they had never been that close. That night Taemin dreamed of a starlight Valentines date, but the date was never shown. He was starting to get excited for Valentine’s Day, luckily it was tomorrow. He just hoped he would figure it out before then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

When he got to school the next day he was really excited to see if there was another note. He ran through the hallways, people were staring but he didn't care. Once he got to his locker he couldn’t slow down enough so he slammed into the locker. Ignoring the pain in his hand he opened the locker. He was happy to find another note, this one said;

 

Taemin,

I fell in love with you that day,
and now I see no other way.
I kept it quiet for so long,
now that I’m sure I’m not wrong.
I love you with all my hear,
I hope we can have a new start.

Xoxo, Your secret admirer.
 

Taemin jumped up and down with excitement. He really wanted to know who wrote these poems. Someone that is really good in Language Arts class that’s for sure. Or maybe a song writer, that’s a possibility too. With that Taemin went to go meet up with Jinki before class.

 

“Hey Minnie, find a valentines date yet?” Jinki asked smiling at the younger.

 

“Not yet, but I have a feeling that today’s the day.” He said as he shoved the note in his pocket. “How about you Hyung? Any luck?”

“I have my eye set on someone.” He said still smiling.

“Oh who? Tell me!?”

“No Minnie, you will just have to wait and see.” Jinki said messing up Taemin’s hair as he walked past into the classroom.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The day went by fast, Taemin talked to every girl possible. He thought it might be the cute girl in his Language Arts class, but he didn’t meet her at a park. That night Taemin spent texting girls and going back through all of his old things. Maybe he would find a clue there.

 

While he was going through his pictures he found one of him and Jinki the day they met. They were having lunch in the gazebo, it was very sunny that day. Taemin smiled and put the picture away, thinking about how great of a friend Jinki had always been to him.

 

Eventually Taemin gave up and went to bed. He hoped his secret admirer would introduce themselves.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 

Taemin woke up from a text.

To Taemin:
I won’t be at school today, I have an appointment.

From Jinki

 

Taemin was surprised at how sad that text made him. He got ready as he thought about the rest of the day. He was worried he would end up being alone by the end of the night.

 

He walked quickly to school making it there with plenty of time left before class. He got to his locker but something was weird. There were red hearts taped all over the front of it. When he opened it he found streamers and more hearts. Attached to one of the streamers was another note;

 

Taemin,

If you don’t know who I am by now I guess I should tell you. Taemin I know there is probably a girl you want to spend your time with, but if you change your mind I will be where we met. The grass is covered by snow, but it looks really pretty still. However not as pretty as you.

 

I hope this won’t ruin things between us, but I love you Minnie, always have and always will.

 

Xoxo, Jinki.

 

Taemin stared at the note in shock for a moment. Jinki was in love with him, but how did he feel about Jinki. He started thinking back to all the things they had done, all the conversations they had. Now that he thought about it there had been signs of it. Taemin was trying to figure out his feelings when he noticed he was halfway to the park. I guess this answers things. Taemin was in love with Jinki too. With that Taemin started running, he ran as fast as he possibly could.

 

When he got to the park he looked around trying to find Jinki, but he couldn’t see him. That’s when he heard music coming from the gazebo. He listened closer and noticed it was Bruno Mars Just the way you are. As he walked towards the music he saw him and his stomach started doing summersaults. He was standing there in a tux with a rose. He looked adorable and he could tell from the look on his face he was relieved Taemin showed up.

Taemin ran and jumped on him giving him as big of a hug as he possibly could. “I’m sorry I didn’t notice you sooner hyung.” Taemin said as he pressed his lips against Jinki’s

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did you like the story? Let me know! :D <3