Hello Zico (Part 1)

[two-shot] Hello Zico~

a/n: italicized spoken lines are Korean / bolded text is Rachael’s thoughts


I sighed in disbelief and stared at my Hello Kitty watch which was sitting on my right wrist. I had trusted Beki and this is what she got me? Some guy who was late for our blind date? I ran my hand through my hair quickly and yelped when my finger got stuck in a tiny knot. I looked behind me at the bright lights just a few feet away from me at the main entrance of the indoor amusement park and felt myself get happy. Couldn’t I just walk in there on my own and have this guy come find me when he finally showed up? I frowned as I turned back to the doors that I had walked through over twenty minutes ago and walked towards them. I should just leave.

I stared out and frowned when I saw the pouring rain before I sighed and hit myself mentally, having not brought an umbrella. Why hadn’t I checked the weather? Oh yeah… Beki said we’d go on a date at an indoor amusement park… until my blind date decides not to show up! Now time to chew Beki’s ear off, she was totally deserving of this. I pulled out my cellphone and dialed the number I had memorized and listened carefully before I pulled it away from my ear quickly as Freeze played loudly.

Why must Block B follow me everywhere like this?As the volume suddenly decreased I put my cellphone back to my ear and looked out the doors to see if there was anyone who was walking towards the entrance, waiting impatiently for Beki to pick up. I perked up when I heard the click on the other line and went to say something when I was cut off by an unknown voice. On my dongsaeng’s phone.

Hello?” said the male voice coming from Beki’s phone.

“Who is this?”

I stood there waiting for a reply but suddenly the background noise got very loud and I was positive I heard the guy holding Beki’s phone snickering. And then I heard her voice cut across the sound and I jumped because of how loud she was. “Yu Kwon! Give me my damn phone back!!!” She was yelling at the guy but my mind had stopped when I heard his name. Yu Kwon… as in… Block B? I listened curiously as I heard Beki yell at Yu Kwon again about giving her phone back and then the sound got muffled. Then I heard rustling fabric and I laughed. So he slips it in his pocket… Beki won’t care.

“Yu Kwon give me my… Where did my phone go?” I heard Beki ask, and I was glad to notice her voice was much louder. So she had cornered him? I listened in amusement and laughed when I heard a yelp come from Yu Kwon. “Noona!” I heard fabric rustling again and laughed when I heard Beki reprimanding Yu Kwon. “I’ve told you not to do that how many times?! I hate when you do that… don’t make me chase you down again.” I was still laughing when I heard Beki’s voice speak into the phone. Finally!

“Hey! Why are you calling me and not having fun on your date?” She amazed me. Her transitioning from Korean to English was so flawless. Then I shook my head as I heard her breathing on the other line.

“You… you told me I’d have fun,” I started and slowly got angry. “How do I have fun by myself?!”

“You’re with your date silly…” she said until I heard her voice trail off. “Wait… back up.”

“He’s not there?!” I heard her question loudly and I had to pull my cellphone away from my ear to keep my hearing. I grimaced… this hadn’t been such a good idea after all. It had sounded good in my head. But then I remembered how Beki was. Overprotective. I stayed silent but jumped when Beki spoke to me again after a long pause.

“He’s still not there?!” she questioned me before cursing under her breath. I heard her muttering and tried to catch onto words but suddenly her words sped up and I couldn’t follow. It doesn’t help that whenever she gets angry she subconsciously speaks in Korean.

“Beki… Beki…” I tried to catch her attention but it wasn’t working so I fell silent, barely listening to her voice now. That was until I heard one of the Block B members speak up. “… Zico left over an hour ago…” I perked up and listened intently, hoping to get an idea on what was going on. I stayed silent and continued to listen in, hoping to catch tidbits of the conversation, maybe even the whole thing. I grew giddy with excitement and felt a smile spread across my features.

“If he left so long ago, he would’ve been there by now…” I heard Beki say to them. “It doesn’t take that long to get there from here.” Then I heard her gasp and… was that a growl? I gulped and listened in. This was getting so good! “Have you guys tried to get a hold of him even?”

“I did… but Beki…”

I listened in and was positive I could’ve heard a pin drop. The silence there sounded so loud.

“What Taeil?” So she is with the Block B members… but how? And when Taeil started speaking again I shut up. “He’s not at the right place.” I gulped again. I was picturing a fuming Beki in my head right now, who would she go after? Would he be replaced by someone else? Cause he sure wasn’t going to survive Beki’s wrath! “Which one of you told Zico to go to the wrong place? Is it really that hard to tell him to go to the indoor amusement park?!”

Now I heard the silence again and almost thought the line went dead. How did Beki not know I was still on the line? Now that I thought about it… her voice was sorta distanced and soft. She must’ve put her phone down. I almost felt the urge to laugh. I looked out the doors at the pouring rain and stared and stared but saw nothing appear. I continued to stare and my ears perked when I heard Beki’s voice again as she got miffed. “Which one of you told him to go to the outdoor park? Tell me right now.” She’s going easy on them. I had to strain my ears as I heard what sounded to be like a muffled confession.

“Yu Kwon… seriously?” I heard Beki sigh and I giggled before I started to laugh. I knew she had a soft spot for him, but seriously? She wouldn’t even chew him out?! I heard her footsteps until she got close to her phone and picked it up. “I didn’t even hang up? .”

“Yo Rachael… uh yeah…” I heard her say and then giggle nervously as she trailed off. “I didn’t mean to leave you on the line.”

“Go chew out Yu Kwon’s !” I heard Beki stutter as she tried to make a comeback to what I said so I knew she was flustered. Now it was time to take it a step further. “I don’t care if you have a soft spot for him. He screwed up!”

“Yah!” She’s almost there.  I was positive the guys were paying attention now, trying to figure out why Beki was getting so angry… so time for the final step. Best. Revenge. Ever.

“Don’t rough him up too much Beki,” I said sweetly, sugar coating my voice to sound like the most innocent girl in the world. “He needs to be able to walk out of his bedroom and elsewhere. So make sure to take things easy.” I stopped for a second, barely containing my laughter as I imagined Beki’s face as it turned red as a tomato. I knew I had to put one more thing in before I could hang up.

“And make sure not to wake up the other Block B members with your screams. We both know how you get when you’re having fun.” I stayed silent as I listened to her breathing as it quickened from listening and taking in my teasing. “Noona… why are you so red? Are you feeling sick?” I burst into laughter and could imagine her bright red face get even brighter as Yu Kwon tried to figure out was wrong with Beki. “Yu Kwon, go away!”

“You… Rachael…” Beki said before trailing off. “I hate you.”

“I love you too dongsaeng!” I chirped. “Zico’s my blind date then? I’ll keep my eye out for him!”

“And like I said… Don’t roughen up Yu Kwon too much!”

I hung up and smiled cheekily before staring out the doors and seeing a dark figure headed this way. Is that… him? I watched the figure closely and noticed that the person looked like a drowned cat out there in the rain, soaked to the bone like they were. I continued to stare at the person and was finally able to tell that it was, as I had suspected, Zico out there in the pouring rain… looking like a drowned cat. I pulled my cellphone out and dialed Beki’s number again as I saw Zico look up and spot me before he started to run towards the doors. Just as he passed through the door I was holding open Beki answered.

Hello? What is it?”

“You better get stuff together for Zico… new clothes and shoes and everything, or he’s going to get extremely sick,” I said quickly and all in one breath before I tried to ramble on some more. “Shouldn’t you be telling-“

Slow down one minute,” Beki said into the phone so I could listen. “What is going on Rachael? Did Zico finally get there?!”

“Yes he’s here,” I answered quickly, “and soaked to the bone! He’s going to get sick if he can’t get changed and warm fast. That’s why I called!” I huffed but listened as Beki started to mumble to herself.

“Could you hand me your phone for a moment?”

I turned around to see Zico staring at me. It was a stare that a cheetah would use when watching its prey. Our eyes connected and I just about dropped my phone as I felt my body stiffen from the shock of seeing Zico look at me like that. I nodded mutely and handed my phone over to him, placing it in his outstretched hand. I felt a spark as his fingers lightly brushed over mine as he grasped my phone. I watched him carefully and listened to him as he tried to calm Beki down and tell her what had happened.

Noona I’m fine,” Zico said quietly. “Yu Kwon told me the wrong place or I didn’t hear him correctly.” I watched him nod at something she said and then he grimaced. “Yeah, I was waiting outside. I didn’t think to double check with you or the guys.” I giggled at that and stopped when I saw Zico turn to glare at me.

I looked down at my feet and then back up at him from under my bangs to see a small smile on his face, his head still turned in my direction. I looked away quickly when his eyes caught mine and felt myself blushing. I looked up again and noticed he had turned away and was speaking very softly into my phone. I wanted to know what he was saying to Beki but, what if he was talking to one of his bandmates? Just then he laughed loudly and then shut up and I watched as his face turned red. I walked over to him to see if he was alright and was just barely able to hear what he was saying before he noticed me by his side. “… she is really cute now shut up noona.”

I stood next to him and stared at him as he looked at me before turning away, but then he did a double-take and he jumped back slightly as his eyes widened. It took all I had to keep from laughing out loud, but his wide eyes were extremely adorable and I felt myself blushing as he continued to stare at me. “I got wet but I’ll be fine…” I heard him say slowly before he trailed off and looked at me before shaking his head.

“I’ll keep on the lookout for them… wait, what? All of you?”

My head shot up quickly and as soon as I looked Zico’s way his eyes met with mine. My eyes widened as his did when the words that he just uttered sunk in. All of them… coming here? I gulped before I looked at Zico and got closer so I could try to grab my cellphone off of him.

“Give me my cellphone,” I whispered to him before putting out my hand so he could give it to me. He looked at my hand before he grabbed it in his free hand and continued talking to Beki. My face flushed as soon as his large, cold hand grabbed my small hand. I tried to pull away but his hand tightened around my own before he started walking towards the one wall. As I followed him reluctantly I noticed a hallway I hadn’t seen and realized we could easily see if they were coming or not without them seeing us.  He pulled me further into the hallway and I continued to follow until he stopped. I didn’t notice though… so I bumped into his back before I looked up at him as he finished talking to Beki and hanging up before he turned to me.

“You want to touch me that badly?” he said before he laughed.

I looked down as I felt my cheeks flush a bright red before I started shaking my head. I didn’t want to trust my voice because I knew with my throat as dry as sandpaper my voice would crack in an instant. I felt his eyes on me but I didn’t dare look up. The next thing I knew, I heard the front entrance doors open and I heard running footsteps and the sound of the pouring rain hitting the concrete outside. The footsteps slowed to a stop and then the sound of the rain was cut off as the entrance doors closed.

I was staring straight at Zico as all this happened and I noticed his eyes were aimed over my shoulder, watching to see who would be passing and if they would see us. My eyes widened as I heard the footsteps start moving and I was positive my jaw dropped when a very familiar voice traveled to my ears.

Where would those two be?”

I almost gasped but before any sound could escape my lips Zico grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him until he hugged me to his chest. I felt the sleeves of my blouse start to get damp as they some of the wetness out of his sweatshirt. I tried to pull away but his arms only tightened around me in response and I felt more wetness start touching my hot skin. The wetness temporarily cooled me off but soon enough it started to make me uncomfortable. I felt hot and like I was going to explode into a billion tiny pieces if he kept holding me so close. Must focus on something else. I looked at my hands which were fisted into his sweatshirt and felt the water squeeze out as I squeezed my fists tighter.

I gulped and stared at his sweatshirt trying to keep my eyes from looking at his face. If I looked him in the eye I knew I’d try to jump him. Just then he started pushing me and I stumbled backwards and I was positive I was going to crash into the wall. I’d give away where we were and then the night would be… What would happen? Why are we hiding? He wrapped an arm around my waist as I stumbled and my back collided with the wall but barely made a sound.

I looked up at Zico right at that very moment and noticed just how close his face was to mine. I couldn’t hold back the gasp that escaped from my lips just then and I watched as his eyes widened comically before he put a hand over my mouth to muffle any other sounds that might try to escape. I narrowed my eyes at him and then stared at his hand before I stared back at him and I tried to speak but it came out muffled.

Get your hand off of my mouth,” I said before trying to glare at him.

Instead Zico shook his head at me and froze when he heard the footsteps start up again. My eyes connected with his and he slowly pulled his hand away from my mouth. Slowly we both started turning our heads to look down the hallway to see if any of the people in the main entrance were near the hallway. Just then I looked at the floor and saw shadows that were slowly creeping into the hallway as the people got closer and I felt my body stiffen. Zico must’ve seen them too because his arm around my waist tightened even more and I almost felt like he could squish me at any moment. Then the two of us saw that shadow get even longer and I felt my heart start to race. What do we do?

I felt Zico push his body closer to my own and I felt my heart start to race even faster. If he tried to do anything else I was positive that at that exact moment my heart would explode. I turned to face him and noticed he kept leaning in more and more as the shadow got closer and closer. I felt his breath on my lips and I looked up at him to see him staring at my lips.

What are you thinking?” I whispered quietly to him before his eyes made their way up my face to my eyes.

That you need to be quiet and let me think,” he whispered back before he continued. “If we look like a couple over here… they’ll just turn away.”  I looked at him in confusion and he rolled his eyes.

Do you really want them to find us? They’ll tail us the whole time then.”

I nodded in understanding and froze again as the footsteps got louder. I tried to look over to the entrance of the hallway quickly but Zico grabbed my chin and forced him to look at me. And then just as we both thought the person would walk past the hallway, Zico closed the short distance between our faces.

My eyes widened as I watched him get closer and closer… and that’s when I noticed his eyes were shutting. I felt his lips against mine and I blinked quickly before letting my eyes shut as the emotions took over. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer and I felt his tongue trace my bottom lip before pushing at the seam of my lips. I slowly parted my lips and gasped as his tongue slipped into my mouth. I groaned as his tongue passed over my own and he pushed his whole body against me as we let our emotions take over.

! That most definitely is not them!” I heard but I was too busy with Zico to care, until he slowly pulled away.

He buried his face into my neck and I panted quietly as I tried to breathe evenly. I heard the footsteps get farther away, so I dared to look at the entrance of the hallway and almost gasped but stopped. Beki was standing right there with a backpack in her hands. She had a knowing smirk on her face and she wagged her finger at me before giggling silently at me. I just glared at her from my position and saw her shoulders quake more with her silent laughter.

“Yu Kwon,” I mouthed silently to her and she shut up before turning bright red.

It was my turn to laugh but I decided not to, because what would Zico think of that? I watched Beki as she put the backpack down and kicked it further into the hallway. Then she winked at me before she turned away and walked towards the entrance to get into the amusement park. I heard her voice faintly as she walked towards the rest of Block B.

That definitely wasn’t them. Maybe we’ll find them inside.”