Sleep Over

Sleep Over

Daehyun studied carefully at the boy who had just arrived at their apartment. The blonde guy with chubby cheeks brought a luggage with him, big enough to carry all the necessary things for the whole week. Daehyun still doesn't really know why he had to stay with this guy though. Doesn't his mom trust him enough to stay out of trouble while she's not here? He is an adult after all, so why is she leaving him to this stranger, who was said to be her colleague's son. Or maybe Daehyun himself wasn't the problem. Maybe it's this kid. Maybe his mom had to send her son here for some reasons Daehyun doesn't want to know or feel the need to.

 

“I'm Daehyun.” Daehyun said as he tossed his hand for a shake.

 

“You're Daehyun.” The other male said revealing his pearly whites and the plump of his cheeks as he smiled. Respond to Daehyun's hand shake by hitting it slightly, more like a high five.

 

“Yeah..and you are?”

 

“Guess.” The younger male continued to be playful with Daehyun although its the first time meeting him.

 

Annoyed, Daehyun let out a sigh. Why must he deal with this childish play when there are much better things to do.

 

“Fine. Hi Guess.” Daehyun said defeated.

 

“My name is Yoo Youngjae!” He answered sounding almost shouting.

 

Daehyun gave him a strange look. 'What was that all about? Is he retarded or something' Daehyun couldn't help but thinking this way when this Youngjae guy seemed to act much younger than he actually looks.

 

Daehyun then led the other guy to his room.

 

“Here. You can sleep on my bed, I'll be using my mom's room.”

“But..but.. I don't like sleeping alone.”

“Well, that is not my problem.”

“But..hyung..”

“How old are you anyway?”

Daehyun finally found the right time to ask the question that he had been curious about ever since he heard the guy spoke.

“I'm 21”

“I'm 21 too. No need to call me hyung.” Daehyun said as he smiled trying to be friendly to the same aged guy in front of him.

Youngjae nodded before trailing Daehyun who is now leaving the room and towards the living room. Only the sound from the TV can be heard throughout the apartment. But not Daehyun, he can hear his stomach growls non-stop crying for food. He switched the TV off before moving to the kitchen.

 

“Youngjae doesn't like that guy too!” Youngjae said as he followed Daehyun from behind.

“What guy?”

“That guy in the TV.”

“Err..okay.”

“Are we gonna watch something else in the kitchen?”

“No. I'm hungry.”

Youngjae stepped backward shaking his head as he did so.

“I don't cook. I'm going to sit there. Over there. I'll wait for the food over there.” He said pointing to the couch where he sat earlier.

“I'm not going to cook, I don't feel like it. I'm just looking for some snacks.”

Daehyun searched throughout the refrigerator and cabinets only to find meats and canned food. A sigh escaped from his lips, he patted his growling stomach.

 

“Youngjae, are you hungry?”

Youngjae nods, pouting.

 

* *

 

They sat next to each other in the corner of the cafe.

 

“Do you mind moving your seat a bit. You're gonna get me squeezed on this wall.”

Daehyun complained only to receive a poutty Youngjae.

“I don't want to!”

A few minutes later, their drinks were served. After taking a sip from his glass, Youngjae puts his glass down and start drinking from Daehyun's glass instead. Daehyun who finally realized Youngjae's actions frowned at him.

“Youngjae, that's mine.”

“No, this is yours.” Youngjae said, pushing his glass to Daehyun.

“No. That one in your hand is mine.”

“That's yours.”

“You ordered this.”

“Doesn't taste good.”

“Fine.”

Daehyun let out a sigh for the hundredth time that day. Knowing that he had to deal with this guy for the whole week just makes him wants to sigh over and over again. He misses his mom already although at first, he was happy that she was going to be away for a few days. Well, that was when he thought he was going to have the house all for himself. Too bad this guy, weird guy to be exact, had to show up. 'What am I?' He thought. 'A babysitter?'

 

“Daehyun! I want that!!” Youngjae said pointing out to the window next to Daehyun after finally finished his meal. Daehyun looked out of the window finding what interest the blonde guy so much that made him so jumpy on his seat.

Across the road, there was a small stall.

“Cotton candy?”

Youngjae bit his lower lip, nodding aggressively.

“Go ahead. Here...”

Daehyun searched his wallet for two bucks and handed it to Youngjae.

“Be careful crossing the road, Youngjae. Don't forget to raise a hand when you do so.” Daehyun said teasingly.

Youngjae took the money, stared at them for quite a long time and then put them on the table.

“I want that, not this”

“Then, what are you waiting for? Youngjae ah..This money is for you to pay that ahjussi once he gives you the cotton candy.”

Youngjae looked at Daehyun, confused.

“Daehyun ah.” Youngjae whined.

“What?”

“I want that.” Again, pointing out the window.

“You want the cotton candy?”

“Cotton candy.” Youngjae said nodding.

“Okay. Listen carefully.” Daehyun took a deep breath and started tracing on the glass table trying to explain to the younger guy with the help of a little bit of doodling. Hoping that Youngjae understands his instructions well.

“First, you walk out of this cafe through this door. Then, you look left and right. Left again, and then right. When the road is clear, you cross it and walk to this stall. Tell the ahjussi what you want. And when he gives you the cotton candy, you pay him with this. Walk back here. Again, please cross the road carefully.” Daehyun explained with every bit details that he felt was necessary. Youngjae gazed at the map that Daehyun drew on the table.

“I don't like the crossing the road part.”

“Is it too difficult for you?” Daehyun noticed that he was starting to sound as if he was talking to a kid. 'Aww.. You poor thing' he thought.

“Fine! I'll get them for you. Just stay here and don't go anywhere.”

Annoyed with all the long explanation, he decided to do it himself. 'Mom better pay me for this.'

 

Few minutes later, Daehyun came back with the cotton candy on his hand.

 

“Here.”

Youngjae shook his head.

“I don't want it.” He whined.

“WHAATTT?? What do you mean you don't want?”

“Don't yell at me.” Youngjae covered his ear.

Pouting, whining, all of this childish things were starting to get on Daehyun's nerve. Daehyun is not a grumpy person, nor is he a mean person. He is friendly and caring. But this Youngjae person is really going to turn him into a monster. Daehyun walked out of the cafe with Youngjae following him from behind.

 

On the way home, Youngjae gasped out of a sudden and hid behind Daehyun. Hugging him tightly. 'What now.'

“D-Daehyun. Tell her to go away.”

“It's just a cat.”

“It's going to kill me.”

“No, it wont. It's just an innocent cat. Now will you stop it. I can't breath.”

“It will hurt me.”

“Why would the cat hurt you, Youngjae?”

“I'm an alien.”

'Alien..right. Again with the nonsense.'

“Okay. Go away cat. Shuhh..”

“Thank you Daehyun.”

“No need.”

“Can Youngjae hold your hand?”

“Yes.” Daehyun said without having to think twice. Although Youngjae seems quite annoying, and too childish for his age, Daehyun finds him adorable in some kid of a weird way. Maybe it's his plump lips, or the chubby cheeks or maybe his sparkling eyes.

 

Later that night, when Daehyun was about to settle for a long goodnight sleep, Youngjae came with a pillow in his hand.

“What are you doing here? I'm about to sleep so please, you should do the same.”

“Daehyun can go to sleep. I won't disturb.”

Daehyun paused for a while. He knew that Youngjae didn't want to sleep alone. He said it himself. 'Okay.' He thought. 'I'm in for a play.' A smirk formed on his face.

“Umm. Then what are you going to do when I sleep?”

“Watch you.”

“Why? Don't you sleep?”

“Alien don't sleep.”

“Really? E.T slept.”

“I'm not E.T.”

 

Daehyun pat the other side of the bed inviting Youngjae to join him.

“Now that you're in my house, you have to sleep.”

“Okay!” Youngjae jumps onto the bed and immediately falls asleep minutes later.

 

After only a few days, the two of them became closer than ever. Daehyun finds Youngjae very interesting. There were always new things everyday. Like how Youngjae would accidentally breaks the dish and then blamed some random bird for it.

 

There was a crack sound coming from the kitchen. Daehyun ran to where the sound came from.

“Are you okay?”

“The bird did that.”

“What bird?”

“Bird.”

Daehyun laughed at the pathetic excused. He walked towards Youngjae and pat him on the head.

“Don't worry. I'll help you clean this mess up.”

“Daehyun, I didn't do this.”

“I know. The bird did, right?” Daehyun winked at the poutty boy.

 

And the other time when Youngjae knocked on the bathroom door while Daehyun was taking a shower.

“What?”

“O-Open t-the d-d-door.” Youngjae said with shaky voice.

Daehyun opened the door without hesitant worries that something bad might happened to Youngjae. Youngjae cuddled Daehyun's wet body. He buried his face on Daehyun's chest.

“What's wrong, Jae?”

“That guy looks scary.”

“What guy?”

“The guy crossing the street.”

“What street?”

“TV”

“Ya!! Okay. Seriously?” Daehyun pushed him away regretting that he opened the door for this nonsense.

“I'm scared.”

“I know. Let me finish my shower first then we can snuggle again, okay?”

“Okay.”

 

Finally, the time comes when their moms are back from their business trip.

 

“Hey, call me sometimes.”

“Okay.”

“Hang out here sometimes.”

“Daehyun, I like you a lot. This big.” Youngjae spread his arm as wide as he could.

“I know. I like you too, alien.”

 

** Hello! Thanks for reading. Do follow me on twitter @ElmaLoyanto I follow back kpoppers especially Daejae shippers. ^^ Also my tumblr, You'll never derp alone.  Comment, I love reading comments ^^