Letting go...

I see you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

*FLASHBACK*

“_____, you’re too good to me. I’m afraid I may not be able to do the same. You might think that I’m unfair, but I have to do the best thing that I think I should do. Let’s reset everything. I should find myself and learn more things about me and you should too. Sorry, I can’t just be sure of what would be the future if we don’t do this.” I told him as I stand and go out the restaurant.

He run after me but a truck suddenly hit him. I went to see him and we took him to the hospital. There are tears in his eyes, and manage to say the words that I could never forget. “I love you.”

Those three words made me shiver and unexpectedly, I felt like that will be his last words for me. My eyes get blurry when I saw a reflection of him smiling and waving towards me. He was saying goodbye

After some hour, the doctor came out of the Operating Room… “Who’s the family of the patient?” I come to hear the result. “The good news is, he was alive, but the bad news is he is in coma, I don’t know how long or if he will ever wake-up. We did our best to let him survive and live.” I hear it clearly... it was like a slap on the cheek. I don’t know how to react on that. I just blame myself.

If I didn’t leave the restaurant he would not be hit by a truck, he shouldn’t be here and he wasn’t being lying in this bed. *sobs*

-END-

***************************

It’s our 4th anniversary. I woke-up early and decided to reminisce about our memories.

I put a simple yet pretty dress and a wedge sandal that complements my dress and everything. I walk to wherever my feet would drag me until I reach the most memorable place in my life, the place where we first met. I look at my wrist-watch and it was the same time as it was.

I look for the spot when we run to each other. I saw a man looking at the sunset. I went closer; I was now inches away from him.

“Isn’t fascinating how fate crosses our way?” he looked at me

“You… you’re awake. When did you got out of the hospital? How come I didn’t know?” as tears form in my eyes and fell to my cheeks

“Don’t cry ______. It’ll be fine. All will be on its way again.” He smiled as I hugged him. “So, come on, we have to go somewhere. We have to catch-up.” he dragged me to his car and went to a beautiful garden.

“Why did we came here for?” I asked

“This…” he kneeled

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter