▬ Say Yes5; Say No5…

▬ the player is a girl


███ KEVIN’S POV:


Okay, what was that? This Amber-boy leaves so Lia leaves right after… And this girl thought I’d let her go like this with a boy! What was wrong with her? I know… I’m overprotective of her but I talked to Hee Chul some days before and he told me how sick Lia could get. I was already suspicious when she disappeared for hours the first time, I couldn’t let it happen again. So, I followed the pair short after, leaving Min Woo alone with Hee Chul and the girls. He was old enough to take care of his innocent-looking self!

“HYUNG! KEVIN HYUNG!” I heard someone screamed behind. I turned around and saw Hee Chul running. He caught up with me, tried to breath steadily again and we both hurried again to where Lia went away.

“And you told us they aren’t going out…” I mumbled.
“What would be wrong with this?” I stared at him. “They aren’t dating hey! But I just wonder…”
“Lia is innocent… way more innocent than what people think. She has a pure idea of love and relationships. I don’t want any jerk breaking her heart and playing with her…”
I explained.
“Hm… I understand what you’re talking about. However, Lia changed a lot these months…”
“Because she is playing with boys’ feelings? I know that already. She is not doing this on purpose … Okay, maybe sometimes it’s on purpose but she doesn’t do this just out of pleasure. She doesn’t enjoy it.”
“Okay. Well, don’t worry! Amber won’t hurt her and they aren’t going out.”
Hee Chul said.

We arrived in front of Lia’s flat. I was kind of dumbfounded and… tensed. Don’t tell me Lia was with this boy, alone, in this flat! DO NOT tell me that! We entered and directly found my dear friend in the kitchen (connected to the living room). She gave us a half-smile and we joined her at the bar-table.


“What happened back then?” I asked her with concern (and relief – she was alone and not with this guy, in danger, doing who knows what!).
“Well… I don’t feel okay with Tae Yeon around. We kind of have a background with her and there’s nothing good to say.” She told, zoning out. I nodded.
“Where’s Amber? Our boy!” exclaimed Hee Chul weirdly. Well… he has always been weird.
“In… he-his room…” Lia answered, staring at him.
“His room?” I asked – or screamed… well, both at the same.

I shot a glare at Hee Chul before looking back at Lia with huge eyes. She gulped and showed some nervous signs.


“This boy has a room at your flat. You mean you are leaving with a boy…?” I was … I don’t even have words to explain how I was feeling!
“Uh… well… That’s how the person who helps students finding a flat settled this…” Lia said.
“That’s crazy…” I commented, glaring at Hee Chul again. You are dead, I thought.
“WELL! I am going to see if Amber’s okay. I will… or not… be back later.” He ran out of the kitchen and banged at a room’s door until that boy opened it. I exchanged a quick glance with this Amber before he closed his door.

“I don’t like it Lia…” I sighed.
“What?” she innocently and calmly asked.
“I would have understood if it was Hee Chul – no, actually I wouldn’t have understood, Hee Chul is a ert. However, you’re living with a boy. You don’t know him, I don’t know him either.”
“Do you have to know him?”
she asked with a motherly sweet smile.
“Yes, I DO!”
“Isn’t this our daddy Kevin here~”
Lia teased.
“Lia, I’m not joking. This boy seems to be a bit too interested in you, who knows what can happen!”
“What do you want me to do? Kick him out?”
“You don’t want to, right?”
I asked by any chance. She sent me her ‘don’t-start-to-be-like-this-Kevin’ look. “Live with Hee Chul then!”
“You just said he was a ert!”
she fought.
“But I know him.” I fought back.
“He has Jessica, what would she think? AND I don’t want to move.”
“Yeah, it’s so much fun to live with a boy!”
I sarcastically answered, letting my arms fly. “I hope you don’t believe I will accept that.”
She chuckled, obviously amused “What will you do then? I can’t change that.”
I smirked and tapped gently her back “I’ll be living here!”

She looked at me with huge eyes and laughed out loud. However, I was dropped dead serious! I just smiled at her, as if nothing was striking my mind. How innocent and funny you are Lia!

███ LIA’S POV:

It has been two weeks now since what happened with Key and Tae Yeon. The girl would glare at me but she never did anything. I felt a bit relieved but I didn’t like the fact to have someone watching me like this. Min Woo and I would talk a lot, even after what happened. No choice with Kevin there! Actually, I was a bit uneasy with the fact Min Woo knew Tae Yeon but I couldn’t do anything about this. Despise that fact, yes, we had a lot of fun and became close friends.
It looked like Hee Chul had talked with Jessica who felt bad when he left moodily last time… It got them a bit closer. For some reasons, she talked to me quite a lot since when Hee Chul introduced us officially this time. We became good friends; I did everything for this, just to help my bestie Chul! She would even come at home to visit me.
Oh… and Kevin DID move to my flat. And do you know what’s worst? He had to share the room with Amber.

 
*FLASHBACK*
“But where are you going to sleep?” I exclaimed.
“Amber and I will share a room, right Amber? Between boys, we’d understand each other…”
“But-”
I started but he cut me in.
“No buts, please Lia… It’s a boys’ thing!” he grinned at Amber who smiled.
*END OF FLASHBACK*
 
FIRST! Amber is NOT a boy! Of course, he didn’t know that… but still. SECOND! Kevin didn’t like Amber… He was suspicious of “him”. Why was he acting all brotherly all of the sudden?
Once, Kevin found one of Amber’s bras. Since he believes she is a boy, he thought it was my bra and that Amber stole it. They argued until I came to break them apart. I had to make up some excuse so he would calm down and not kick Amber out. My life had been troublesome since he moved in…

I was heading to my locker, energetically arguing with Min Woo. Nothing big, we just came to the habit of arguing times to times, thanks to our different personalities. This time again, we ended up laughing and teasing each other once in front of the lockers. I opened mine, looked for my books but all I could do was staring at this paper in the center. “For Lia” was written on it. I took it and directly read it. ‘Hello Lia. How were your dates so far? Wasn’t it too embarrassing for you? Isn’t it pitiful for a young pretty girl to go on settled blind dates? KDJ’.

What was that? KDJ? Who was that KDJ? How did he/she know about my dates? What was the meaning of this message? My heart started to beat hard. I closed my locker, my eyes glued on the note.


“A secret lover, Lia?” Min Woo asked, peaking over my shoulder. I hid the paper right away.
“NO, no… It’s nothing.” I breathed as we started to walk side by side.
“You look moved…” he commented with a face.
“I’m just thinking…”
“About what… or who?”
he faced me at this moment, his nose almost touching mine. He had this smile he would always show when teasing me. I pushed him jokingly, highly embarrassed by the closeness.
“You are silly…” I said, as if nothing happened.

We continued to have fun, to the extent that I forgot about the note. Well, for some minutes, during Narsha’s speech, I had all the time to think about it again. Who? Why? How? So many questions kept popping in my head. I felt eyes on me but all I could see around was how the whole room was focused on Narsha or their sleeping time! My head started to spin: I didn’t need stress, not now! Min Woo stared at me and frowned, asking me – without any word – what was wrong. I shook my head in response and when I looked back at our professor, she was glaring at us violently.


“Lia… Min Woo… we’ll need to talk after…” she darkly said.

I sighed. We were not high school students anymore… did she have to be all like this?
When it ended, both Min Woo and I went to her. She didn’t scold us, well… a little bit actually. She gave us some work to do for the end of the month. We would be a part of an art project. I really felt excited and burdened at the same time. However, with Min Woo, it would be fun.


“Lia! Need to talk to you now…” Narsha said when we were about to leave. Min Woo went away slowly, even reluctantly.
“What is it about?”
“How is your health?”
she asked without looking at me but focused on her sheets.
“Okay… I guess… Just the usual.” Well, yeah, I’m a bit weak concerning my health…
“Watch Lia, it’s important… And I heard a lot about you, you must be troubled. Don’t overwork, nor overwhelm yourself.” She was concerned. “Is the rumors about Amber right?”
“Do you know… Amber?”
“Yes, and I know it’s not a boy. Liu Amber, right?”
“It’s not what you think…”
“I know. Well, I guess it but people keep on gossiping; I don’t want you to feel uneasy with our university. We both know you aren’t as strong as you show you are. Be careful…”


I understood. Nobody – except for Hee Chul, Narsha and Amber – knows how sick I can be. It ruined my life a lot and no one in my family could be of a help. I got mad with them… I have never seen them again after this. Not even one member of this freaking stupid family.
I left, feeling a bit lost and lonely after this conversation. I was drowning in a sea of lies where the fishes were the numerous problems around.


“Did you like my sweet message?” someone suddenly snapped me out of my thoughts.
“What?” I looked at the direction where the voice was coming from. I then saw this boy who was around my height. I felt like I knew this face but I couldn’t recall who he was. He smiled.
“Do I know you?” I asked with a frown.
“No, but I do know you. Well, I know a lot about you…” He answered.

I frowned at him again. Okay, this person was really strange… All I did want to do at this moment was leaving. I was about to do so when I heard his voice again.


“Say yes!” I turned to face him again.
“What?” I answered, dumfounded.
“Say yes.” He repeated plainly, as if it was clear. It was NOT!
“What to?” I asked, still frowning.
“I'm here just to warn you, Lia-ssi. You're going to suffer. So, say yes please.” He stepped to me in a slow motion while saying this.
“I don’t even know what you are talking about! What’s your problem? I’m leaving.” How annoying! What do people have against me? I turned around and started to leave when I caught my wrist and turned me around as gently as possible. I winced.
“Don't leave. And date me. I’ll protect you.”

One second, two seconds, three seconds, four, five, almost a whole minute passed.

“Is that a joke? I don’t have time for this. I have to leave.” For some reason, he let me leave this time. This person was a madman; there was no other explication…

I turned around once, just out of curiosity; the boy had disappeared. I frowned again and decided to fasten my steps. I just went to check some stuffs and I could leave after. When I arrived at the front of the university, Kevin was waiting for me there, with his car. I smiled a bit at him.


“Were not you done with schedules?” I asked.
“Yes but I’m here to fetch you.” He announced.
“Hum… Is it because of Amber again?”
“No, because of the rain. It’s raining as if someone wanted to create an ocean… I don’t want you to be sick.”
He nodded at this but looked at the floor before adding: “I know how your health is…”
“What do you mean?”
Okay, I was fed up with people knowing everything about me!
“I know you have anemia. Couldn’t you just tell me…?” He sighed, pushing me in the car so I wouldn’t be wet.
“Sorry…” It’s all I could say.

However, who told Kevin? Obviously not Amber; regarding how they argue! Nor Narsha. Perhaps Hee Chul? But at the moment, I was more thinking about this stranger.
‘Did you like my sweet message?’ … That is when it hit me! He was the one who put this note in my locker… He was that KDJ. ‘I’m here just to warn you, Lia-ssi. You’re going to suffer.’
Oh no, I didn’t need another enemy! Tae Yeon was well enough even if she wasn’t doing anything yet. I tried to ask Kevin who told him about my anemia but he would only go ‘Who cares? You should have told me yourself’ and rant on how unfaithful I was and all.