What?

Three Little Words

 

'"Mina Webb and Eric Collins, please come to the stage"
Wait what? Did they just call my name? What?! Plus Eric too?! Were we really the prom king and queen for the night? How
is that even possible? "That's our cue I guess." I jumped when I heard Eric's voice behind me. "Shall we?" He held out his hand and gestured to me that I should take it. "Uhh...ok." I took his hand and tried to make myself look as uncomfortable as possible. "Ok, let's do this." Eric smiled and led me to the red carpet in the middle of the room. The prom kind and queen were meant to walk on it and head to the stage where they would be crowned. I smiled awkwardly as everyone clapped for us. Eric started walking so I followed after him with my hand holding his hand. Sweat dripped down the side of my head. Was this really happening? Was I actually walking down this carpet with Eric? The guy who I always dreamed of being with? I had never been so nervous in my life. My heart beating in my chest as we continued walking on the carpet. But something wasn't right, something was off. This wasn't right, all of this wasn't right. All these years, I've been making myself believe things that I wasn't suppose to. I stopped halfway on the carpet and let go of Eric's hand. I needed a moment to think through this. "What's wrong?" Eric whispered into my ear and tried to hold my hand again, but I wouldn't let him. "What are you doing?" Eric asked as he grabbed onto my wrist. "This is moment that we need, for both of us. I don't like it as much as you do, so just bear with me." But I just pulled away from him looking at the floor. I avoided looking at him, I didn't want to see him right now, in fact I didn't want to see him at all. I just needed to collect my thoughts and figure out what was happening, even if I had to do it in the middle of the room in front of everyone. What is happening right now? What am I doing right now? And then I realized, right there and then, what was going on. I looked at Eric, into his dark brown eyes. Eric, the guy who I had been in love with ever since I was little. Every time I saw him I got butterflies in my stomach. His mere presence would make my heart beat for him every single time. But this time, it wasn't beating for him, it was beating for someone else. The feelings that I didn't want to have, that I regretted having, they were all there; and yet, they were what I wanted. The feelings that I had weren't for Eric, they were for...they were for...then, I saw him in the crowd. He was standing there looking at me and I was looking at him. He was the one that I had feelings for...the man that I had feelings for...was Tao. My bestest friend in the whole world who was always there for me, just like he was now. But what was he doing here? He was supposr to be on a plane to New York. Did he come to say goodbye? Is that it? To see me one last time? I saw his lips move, like he was trying to say something but I couldn't see because someone had blocked my view. I saw that he was leaving the room and I was about to run to him, but then someone grabbed my hand. I turned to see that Eric had grabbed my wrist again. "What do you think you're doing right now?" He was pissed off, definitely. But I pushed him away, as if I care what he thinks right now. "I'm doing something that I should have done a long time ago." I ran out of the room through the crowd looking for Tao, I ran down the stairs, nearly tripping on my white gown and ran out of the building. I ran around to the main entrance and saw Tao, just as he was getting on his bike. "TAO!" I yelled out his name and Tao turned around watching me run towards him. I ran into his arms and kissed him right on the lips. Tears were streaming down my face as I kissed him. Tao kissed me back and wrapped his arms around me, pulling my body into his. I wanted him, I wanted him more then anything. How could I have ever thought of actually letting him go? Tao has always been there for me every step of the way. I've hardly been there for him, in fact, I've let him down most of the time. And yet, after all that, he still loved me. I wanted to say sorry, I wanted him to forgive me for everything that I've done to him. "I'm sorry." I eventually murmured through the kisses I was giving him. "Shut up." That was his reply; he continued kissing me and I smiled kissing him back.

"MINA! MINA! Mina where are you? What's going on?" I heard my friend, Miranda, calling out my name along with a lot of other voice following after
her. "Mina where are---oh." I heard Miranda's voice stop and I slowly turned my head, with my arms still around Tao, to see not just Miranda, but the
entire school standing before us. "Oh my." I heard one of the students say. **CLICK** A flash of light appeared like a photo had just been taken. "Oh,
this will be an exclusive in the school newspaper.
" Jollie, the school's journalist, stuffed her camera in her pocket and brought out a notepad and pen.
"Excuse me, people plase move. Thank you!" I saw Eric walk through the crowd and walk right up to Tao and I. "Mina, what's going on? Why are you
with him?
" Eric pointed at Tao with a bewildered look on his face. "I don't know, you tell me." Tao spoke with a smirk on his face.