The Truth

Escaping Reality

Minzy calmed herself down before Amber came. The last thing she wanted was Amber asking her why she was crying. However in the distance a person watched her cry to herself. The person wanted to run to Minzy and just embrace her, but the person didn't want to give their identity away or get Minzy mad. So instead that person just cried with Minzy feeling helpless as they watched Minzy wiping her tears away.

"Min..." Minzy looks up at Amber and sees the sadness in her face. She suddenly got worried that Amber might have seen her crying.

"Amber what's wrong?" Minzy asks while pulling Amber to the spot next to her. 

"It's over..." Amber starts to cry in her hands and Minzy caresses her back.

"Tell me what happened?" Minzy pulls Amber into her arms as she Amber's back helping her to calm down.

"Key and I got into a huge fight...and I think we broke up." For years now Amber and Key had been in a secret relationship that only two people knew about. That were Onew and Minzy herself. The fact that it was so secretive put on a huge toll on their relationship and would constantly fight about it. Key would go to Onew while Amber would go to Minzy.

"Did he say you guys broke up?"

"He said that he was getting tried of going around in secret and wanted to end it." Minzy felt sadness for her friend, but didn't know what to say. How can she give advice when she knows nothing about relationship. The only thing she does know is that Key and Amber love each other and love is something she knows all quite too well.

"Key loves you more than his own life. Maybe you misunderstood what he said." Minzy feels a tap on her shoulder and looks up to see it was Key himself. She was about to say something to Amber when Key put a finger on his lips to signaling to not say anything.

"Min..I'm really sorry for putting this on you right now. I really wanted to hang out with you, but before I came here that's when Key and I got into that huge fight. I'm pretty sure he hates me since I said some harsh stuff. I accused him of cheating on me with Onew...I even went to as far as saying that he was using me as a cover up for being a disgusting gay.."

Minzy felt her blood boil and she was mad at her friend, but mostly at herself. She looks at Key and saw  no anger in him, but only pain. She stayed quiet and let Amber continue on what she was saying.

"I didn't mean to say those words. I know he would never cheat on me, but all those pairings he has are mostly with guys. Min I really really love him. I don't want to lose him and I don't know what to do. There are people who paired Key and I, but when I saw the comments I was so sad. Not only do people think he's gay, but they think I'm lesbian. Some of the comments said that we were both using each other as cover-ups for who we truly were."

Minzy felt tears forming in her eyes as she heard more and more of Amber's story and the hardship she is going through. It made her look back at her own feelings and felt disgusted. She pulled Amber off of her chest and wiped her tears away.

"Amber don't listen to those people. The love between you and Key are stronger than any of their hate. If you guys do go into public you will have full support from everyone in YG I can guarentee you that."

"Thank you Minzy." Key finally speaks up and Amber turns around surprised. She gets up and pulls Key into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry Key. I never.."

"It's okay I heard everything."

Key pulls Amber's head up and holds her face in his hands. He suddenly pulls her into a sweet kiss and ended it with their foreheads touching. Amber's face was red while Key couldn't help, but smile. Minzy looks at her friend and felt happiness for her, but jealous that her friend can be with the person they love.

Minzy slowly gets up from her spot and turns away. Before she could fully leave the two behind Amber shouts her name.

"MINZY! Thank you!" Amber waves Minzy goodbye while Key smiles at the retreating back of the one girl who saved their relationship.

It was slowly getting darker as Minzy catches herself in a secluded part of the river. No one came and it was quite. It made her feel at ease, but so lonely. No matter how she felt she knew that she couldn't go back to the dorms. 

It just isn't right for me. I can't do it...

After awhile Minzy falls asleep on the soft grass while looking at the stars. It seemed forever until Minzy finally wakes up and looks at her phone to see that she had 30 missed calls and 15 texts all from Dara, Bom, Chaerin, Daesung, and Amber. She hesistated to call them back, but at the same time didn't want them to worry. In the end she decided to call Daesung back.

"Dae?"

"Minzy where are you!" She flinches at the sudden noise and puts the phone back to her ear.

"I fell asleep while looking at the stars. Why?" In the other line you can hear Daesung breathe a sigh of relief and relay what she had just said to others. 

"The whole gang is looking for you. We wanted all to have dinner and celebrate Amber and Key coming out in public."

"Ahh okay. I'll be at the dorm in just a few."

She hung up her phone and slowly made her way to their dorms. Looking ahead she realised just how dark it had become. It made her scared, but pushed it out of her thoughts. Finally she reached the dorm and sprinted to catch the elevator. As soon as she reached the elevator she quickly regretted the move.

"Oh Minzy! We heard from Daesung on how you fell asleep while looking at the stars."

"So cute. Hahaha."

Minzy can feel herself slowly melting. She wanted the elevator to go faster. The last thing she needed right now was to be in the same space as the two people she was running away from.

"Hey unnie..hey oppa." 

Youngbae and Dara smile at Minzy and pats her on the head. Minzy slightly flinches as she feels Youngbae's touch. She pushes it away, but as soon as she sees Youngbae and Dara in each other's arms all of the emotions she was holding in were let out. 

Luckily for her they reached their floor so she rushed out not caring if the other two were calling for them. She goes inside the dorm and sees everyone coupled up except for Daesung. Bom and Seunghyun were on the couch cuddling while watching a movie. Chaerin and Seungri were bickering in the kitchen about who loves each other more. Amber and Key were also on the couch cuddling watching the same move as the Alien couple. 

Minzy couldn't handle the sight so she ran to her room and locking it before Daesung can follow her.

"Min? Is everything okay?"

Daesung was on the other side of her door while she was on the other. They talked through the door because Minzy didn't want Daesung to see how she looked.

"Dae..please just leave me alone. I just need sometime to myself."

"I can't do that. Minzy please open up and let me in. I can help you. We can talk about what's wrong."

Minzy finally opens her door and lets Daesung in.

"Dae..."

Daesung turns around to see Minzy's eyes filled with tears and her face wet from all of it. He grabs her into a hold and quickly cried with her. He didn't know why he started to cry, but seeing Minzy so broken broke his heart.

"It's okay Min..it's okay. I know."

Minzy pulls away and looks at him confused.

"What do you mean?" She said in between her sobs.

"I followed you when you left to meet up with Amber and saw you crying by yourself."

Daesung was scared and nervous, but he opens his eyes to see Minzy surprised. She didn't know what to say.

"Minzy I've been watching you ever since I've met you. I've loved you for so long, but even if you know this it wont change the fact that you love someone else. I see the way you look at that person. It's the same look I give you when you aren't looking."

Minzy couldn't believe what she was hearing. After all this time Daesung is in love with her. She then had a thought...

"Then does that mean.."

"Yes, I know who you love." Minzy shakes her head and turns away from her bestfriend.

"No you don't."

"Minzy stop denying it. YOU ARE IN LOVE WITH YOUNGBAE!" 

Daesung couldn't keep it in anymore. He screamed at her. Minzy turns around only to suprise Daesung. He didn't see pain in her eyes when he said it, instead he saw amusment.

"Min..."

"You really think I'm in love with Bae oppa?"

Daesung was hesitant to answer, but somehow he got the courage to speak.

"I don't think. I know. The way you look at him when he's around and how you always look away when Dara and him are together. The only reason why you feel bad is because Dara is like a sister to you. You are mad because he chose her over you. Yet you can't hate Dara beause she means so much to you. You look at them from afar when you think no one is watching and constantly wished it could have been you. It's hurting you to see the man you love in your bestfriend's arms!"

Daesung catches his breath and gets caught off gaurd when he suddenly hears Minzy laughing. He looks up to see Minzy laughing crazily while tears constantly flowed down her cheeks. He felt bad seeing Minzy in that state. Daesung was about to grab Minzy, but she suddenly screamed. He jumped in surprise and then like a flock the rest of the gang came to see what was wrong. All they saw was Minzy crying hysterically. She pushed everyone out of her way and collapsed on the floor on her way to the front door. Once again it was Daesung who tried helping her up, but instead she just looks up and gives him a glare. Minzy looks past Daesung and finally sees that everyone is watching her every move.  

"Minzy..." The sweet sound of the person's voice broke Minzy's already broken heart more into nothing.

After hearing the voice Minzy hangs her head low and finally spoke out.

"Dae..you're wrong..." Everyone just looked confused except Daesung. He waited for her to continue and give him the reasons why he was wrong.

"You're wrong about the person I love. Far from it..." After hearing this everyone started to get curious. Everyone knew how secreative Minzy was about her love life. Daesung was going to speak, but quickly stopped himself when he saw the fresh tears rolling down Minzy's eyes.

"I'm a horrible, disgusting person who doesn't deserve to live. Everyday I had to live with this monster in me. I have no one to go to because no one can understand where I'm coming from. Seeing everyone happily in their relationships only made me more disgusted with myself. I knew I wasn't like everyone else, but I never knew I would be so haunted by it. Everyday I constantly ask myself why I am even alive. Why is a monster like me walking around among angels?"

Minzy looks up at her friends to see them with saddened eyes. They felt pity for her and yet they don't even know what was making her feel this way. All they do know is that whatever it is, is hurting their most important friend.

She looks at one particular friend and felt herself falling into the depths of depression with no way out. The longing she has to be in the arms of that person. To be held, kissed, and most importantly loved by that one person. But she knew...she knew that no matter how much she wished and prayed God wouldn't give it to her. Because that person can never be her's.

"I love you Dara..."

A single tear rolled down Minzy's misty face looking at the only person she loves. Daesung looks back at Dara who is surprised at Minzy's words. Not only Dara, but everyone else couldn't believe it. Suddenly Amber felt bad for saying that lesbians were disgusting and now knew why Minzy was so hesitant on coming out. Amber felt her stomach churning as she saw the lost and helplessness in Minzy's eyes. 

After thinking about it Daesung went back to all the times he had watched Minzy and realized that the person she was watching wasn't Youngbae, but rather Dara. Looking back at it made perfect sense and made it more sad. He doesn't know what to say, but only looks at Minzy who was now completely empty inside. 

The only thing in Minzy's eyes was Dara, everyone else had disappeared. She searched Dara's eyes for anything to tell her that Dara felt a little bit the same, but sadly saw none. Minzy weakly smiles at Dara and gets up. She walks to Dara while everyone watched in horror as Dara backed away. Minzy felt a stab in her heart when she saw that, but knew it was going to happen. So instead of going all the way to Dara she stopped in her tracks.

Dara felt horrible for backing away when Minzy was walking towards her. She was about to walk to Minzy when she saw Minzy looking back at her.

"It's okay Dara. You don't have to feel bad about what you did. I kind of saw that already coming..you know what's kind of stupid..I have dreamt and wished that when I confess my love for you you would also have the same feelings for me. But that's not how it works. Those are just fantasies...this here right now is the reality...and the reality is I'm just a monster..."

Minzy walks to her room and looks back to see no one running after her..not even Daesung. She knew it was going to be like this, but she still felt betrayed and hurt. Minzy thought that no matter what they would accept her, but now she really sees that no matter how great of a friend you are it won't change that she's still a monster inside.

She finally couldn't take the image of everyone looking away from her and having their backs to her so she closed her door and locked it. Minzy went to her drawer and took out her whole stash of pills. She finally found her answer. The last thing she saw was the time of her and Dara holding hands. All she saw were scenes of her and Dara. The one image before she went into the darkness was Dara's smiling face the first time they met.

"Minzy come on let's go...."

 

 


So I'm finally done with this two-shot. I hope you guys like this story. It is angst so I hoped I wrote it well. I don't really write angst so I wanted to challenge myself. Thank you for subscribing and commenting. This was somewhat inspired by K.Will's Please Don't and Nell's The Day Before mixed together. 

I personally connect to this story not just because I wrote it, but because I was in Minzy's position also. I just didn't go to drugs or suicide. Anyways I really hope you guys appreciate this story as much as I had writing it and sharing it with you all.

Also if you are wondering about the end where it says "Minzy come on let's go..." that is actually in Minzy's mind. Pretty much it's Dara talking to her. It kind of symbolizes that Minzy has finally found peace with herself and has died.