The Start of a Heavenly Task

30 Deeds in 100 Days

Ahh yes.. another great day in the office. Well, time to head back to my house and take a break. Wait, what's this? It's a note. I wonder what it says?

 

OPERATION: SMILE, Dong Hae [Sorry for the unintentional pun, but it's based from a Korean drama]

"Annyeong, This is your mission for today, 

and your client is a cold, serious man named Donghae

I never saw him happy for a little while,

So, do your best to bring back his smile"

 

Ben: Wow! My first mission.

 

OK, I got my first clue.. but where will I'll find this Donghae guy? I guess Sai never told me any details about it but I guess I have to solve it on my own but good thing there's a guardian angel to help me with this mission. Just one thing, where can I find her?

 

Ben: *mystery girl bumped at him* Oof! What the-?

???: *accidentally bumped at Ben then panics* Omo! I'm sorry, oppa. I'm so- *looks at Ben*

 

OK, that answered my question. The way I see on her, I know she's just an ordinary girl, but I think her reaction just changed when she saw me. Why I'm sensing some familiarity to me knowing that I haven't met her in the first place?

 

???: Y-you must be Ben, are you?

Ben: Well yes, yes I am. Wait, do I know you?

???: Oops.. *giggles* I'm sorry, I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Tiffany, and I'm one of your guardian angels.

Wow! Finally, I just met my first guardian angel. And if you ask me, she's a real angel because of her captivating eyesmile. But..

 

Ben: Really? How would I know if you're really one of my guardian angels?

Tiffany: *vanishes then transformed to an angel form* Does this look a guardian angel to you? *smiles*

Ben: WOOOOOOOOAH! OK, I'm convinced.

Tiffany: *transforms back to human form* Anyway, I came here because I just heard that Isiah gave you a second chance and you have to do 30 deeds in order for you to go to heaven. Well, lucky for you, Ben.. I'm here to help you complete all your missions. Say, did you recieve your 1st mission?

Ben: Well yeah, just a couple of minutes ago. And it has something to do with "bringing Donghae's happiness back".

Tiffany: *excited* Wait, did you say Donghae? *squeals* He was so handsome during the time when he was so cheerful.. *dramatic tone* But now, he's been so cold as if he's been living in a very serious world. I don't know why he's been like that and I'm so worried for him.

Ben: Wow, that's so NOT a good sign.

Tiffany: *holds both Ben's shoulders* That's why we should do this as a team. We'll find Donghae so that you'll  convince him to bring his happiness back, OK? *winks then stomach grumbles* Omo, I think I'm hungry. Let's go have some lunch.

Ben: Uhhmm, sure.

 

So yeah, we went to a restaurant and had our lunch there. Wait, I think I had a feeling that someone is tracking us, I don't know who that person was.

 

[A mysterious (somehow evil) person in human form enters the scene]

 

???: Ahh yes, looks like this guy has his first mission.. and what's this? He has a guardian angel to help him  in his mission? Well no matter, I better stop them and find his client to make sure he fails the first one. *evil laugh then vanished through black smoke*

 

[Meanwhile, we can see Donghae alone in his desk. I don't what's wrong with him but we'll check him out]
 
 
TARGET Name: Lee Donghae
Age: 24 years old
Occupation: IT Staff, YJS Technologies Inc.
Case: Always serious and never smile even once

 
 

[talking on the phone in a serious expression]

Donghae: *sigh* What is it now? *pauses* Can't you see I'm busy? I don't want any distractions while I'm working. *pauses* Look, if you don't have something important to tell me, don't even try to call me again, OK? *ends call*

Co-worker 1: Hey, what's up bro? Wanna go take some shots after work?

Donghae: Sorry, I'm not going. I'd rather be serious at work rather than wasting my time on lousy things.

Co-worker 1: Geez, what a work-a-holic. It's not bad taking a break after work.

Co-worker 2: *to Donghae* Oppa!

Donghae: *sigh* What do you want?

Co-worker 2: I have this two movie tickets and I was thinking of giving this to you because you're one of the special person I know.

Donghae: Tch. So?

Co-worker 2: I just wanna ask if you wanna come with me for a movie night? By the way, we're going to watch "Chasing Hearts", it's really the best romantic movie ever!

Donghae: Look Jen, I love to go to the movies with you but.. I just can't. I have to finish this project immediately so that..

Jen: So that what? You're going to be happy because you've done your job and that's just it? Look at you, Donghae. You're plain boring, you never get out of your desk and do some things that you love, you know what I'm saying? All you need is a little bit of enjoyment. We never saw you going out of the office and..

Donghae: Yeah, yeah.. I'm plain boring. What I'm saying is if I want to be fulfilled in this job, then I got to focus.

Jen: But, that's not what I...

Donghae: Aish. End of discussion. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go back to work.

Jen: *sigh* Alright, if you say so. Hey, Alex. Wanna go with me instead?

Alex: Sure, I heard "Chasing Hearts" is the best. I'd really love to have a movie night with you, Jen.

Donghae: *sigh* Fools.

 

[RESTAURANT]

Tiffany: So, what was the great thing about work?

Ben: Huh?

Tiffany: I mean, the best parts. The perks you get when you're at the office.

Ben: Actually, the best thing about in work is you work. That's it.

Tiffany: What? I'm sorry, I think you've misunderstood the question.

Ben: No, Tiffany. You work because you want to get things done and that achievement is your reward. A salary can be a reward but that's just basic. All things that matters most is the task given to you.

Tiffany: But, that's just boring. You work because of work? I know what's wrong with you, Ben. You've been depriving yourself in getting out of your desk just to finish whatever you're doinh. In short, you've been working compulsively. Try to do some off-work activities for a while like writing poems, doing happy stuff, and more of those things.

Ben: *sigh* You know what, you reminded me of my best friend, Kylie?

Tiffany: Why? What about her?

Ben: She invited me to go bowling with her that time, but I say "no" because I have a project to finish and I don't want to waste my time for that unneccesary thing. 

Tiffany: That's why she told you that someday you'll not experience happiness, right?

 

Oh great, she even reminded me about the thing Kylie said about possible consequence if I'll be a work-a-holic. That really made me pause for a while.

 

Ben: ...

Tiffany: Ben, are you alright?

Ben: Huh? Oh yeah, I'm alright. Don't worry about me.

 

Suddenly, Tiffany stopped for a while. She felt something bad about the situation, I don't know what it was.

 

Ben: Hey, Tiff. What ha-

Tiffany: Shh.. I guess we shouldn't talk about your mission. Someone's spying on us.

Ben: What? *checks the window* I sense no suspicious activity,

Tiffany: Well, I guess you haven't heard of Lucila.

Ben: Luci- what?

Tiffany: Lucila was a former guardian of the Gates of Heaven. But because of her mischievous and reckless action, she was banished by God and banned her from entering that place again. And now, she swore her revenge to all the angels and the guardians.. including YOU.

Ben: Wait.. why me?

Tiffany: You were supposed to be in Hell when you failed to qualify to enter the Gates of Heaven. But because of Isiah's decision, her plan is foiled and she won't stop until your soul perish in the fires of Hell.

Ben: Oh, I understand. I guess we should waste some time 'cuz we're going to find Donghae.

Tiffany: De. I'm coming with you.

 

And so, we immediately went out of the restaurant (after we paid the bill) and continue to search for Donghae. But, we have to be fast before Lucila finds him first.

 

[A mysterious (somehow evil) person in human form enters the scene]

 

Lucila: *evil laugh* I knew those fools are going to find Donghae. Well you know what this means? My evil scheme is ready to serve. *evil chuckle*

 

**********************************************************

That's it for my fourth chapter. The race is on.. It's Lucila vs. Ben & Tiffany! Who among them will find Donghae first? Can Ben bring back Donghae's happiness or will he be intimidated by his cold, serious attitude?


If you guys like the story, vote for it. If you wanna say something or correct the grammar, place comments below. And finally, to be updated on this story, hit the Subscribe. THANK YOU ALL GUYS FOR READING THIS CHAPTER! HOPE TO SEE YOU NEXT TIME!