Parte Deux

Un Peu d'Amour

 

The next day~

 

It’s two o’clock on the dot. A young man wearing red skinny jeans, black and white converse shoes, topped off with black suspenders over a red and white plaid shirt enters the café, the bells overhead jingling as the door swings open. His blonde hair reflects in the bright light of the café, showing off the streaks of blue in his bangs.

Out of pure habit, he struts straight to the counter back of the little shop, where he knows his order will be ready, because he’s always here at the same time, every Sunday at two o’clock. The man smiles and waves at Jinki, who’s standing behind the counter, greeting him as a friend.  A look of surprise and concern crosses his face when Jinki seems to have a mild seizure: his arms flailing about, his mouth opening and closing but no sound leaving his lips.

“Jinki! Hey, are you okay?” The frequent customer inquires, grabbing Jinki’s shoulders in an attempt to hold him steady. “What’s the matter?”

“I-I-I’m fine…b-but…he’s…here…” The flustered owner manages to gasp out. The young man freezes, praying to any and all gods that the clumsy owner means who he thinks he means, but he dares not turn ‘round, lest the dream shatter and the hope fade.

“He’s here? Are you sure?” The young man asks, weary of the owner’s tendency to get things mixed up. Still unable to formulate proper speech in his excitement, Jinki nods and points to the table in the corner. There’s a man already sitting there, in his seat. The blonde inhales sharply, not daring to hope that it’s really him.

Soy latte completely forgotten, he makes his way over to the table in a daze, stopping a few feet away. The man sitting there seems to have heard his approach and twists in his chair, swiveling to face him.

“Hello, Kibum.” The blonde, Kibum, can only stare as his eyes eagerly drink in all of his former lover’s appearance.

“Hi, Jjong.” The old familiar nickname rolls off his tongue before his can bite it back. Now it’s out there and there’s no recalling it. A light pink flush dusts Kibum’s cheeks. Jonghyun smiles at his embarrassment; it’s not a big smile and it doesn’t reach his eyes, but Kibum is content just to have it directed towards him.

“Sit. If you want.” Kibum obeys his request, taking the seat across from Jonghyun. They sit in silence for a while, both staring out of the window, watching the rain pour outside. It’s been raining steadily since last night when Jonghyun first rediscovered the café.  Jonghyun is the first to speak.

“I heard you wait here every Sunday.”

“Yeah…” Kibum answers, scratching his head awkwardly.

“Why?”

“…why do you think Jjong?” Kibum responds to Jonghyun’s question with one of his own, staring at the man in disbelief that someone could be so thick.

“Well I know it can’t possibly be because you were hoping I’d show up. I vowed to avoid everywhere that reminded me of you after I caught you sleeping with my best friend.” Jonghyun’s glare is almost as icy as his voice. Kibum looks down, playing with his fingers in his lap.

“I know I hurt you,” He starts to say, but is interrupted by Jonghyun’s derisive snort. He purposely ignores it. “I’m sorry. I know it will take a lot more than an apology to make it up to you, but I’ll do whatever it takes. I miss you, Jjong…I miss waking up with our bodies tangled together, you kissing me as a way of saying ‘good morning.’ I miss the smell of you when I’d make breakfast wearing nothing but your tee-shirt. I miss your stupid puppy eyes and dino face and I just miss you. You were my first love, and my last. I don’t want anyone else. I haven’t been with anyone else since that night with Minho.” Kibum said all of this in one fast breath to prevent Jonghyun from interrupting a second time. Jonghyun continues to stare out of the window, contemplating the younger’s words.

“You lied to me and cheated on, Kibum. With my best friend, no less! How can I bring myself to trust you again?” He asks, not facing him as he speaks.

“I know, and I’ll regret that mistake for the rest of my life.” Kibum’s voice cracks, and tears cascade down his pale cheek. Jonghyun hears the emotion in his tone and finally faces him. He reaches out to brush away the tears with both thumbs, cupping Kibum’s face.

“I miss you, too, but I refuse to let myself get hurt again, especially by you. Kibum, I loved you, and you repaid me by sleeping with my best friend!” Jonghyun slams his fist down on the table angrily, his other hand reaching up to run through his hair exasperatedly. He places two fingers on each temple, rubbing circles to relieve the stress.

Kibum just lets him vent, waiting silently for him to finish. “Look, Kibum, I’m willing to give you one last chance. But I swear to the gods above that I will leave you, for good, if you do anything like that ever again. A heart can only be mended so many times…” Kibum nods, eyes sparkling with fresh tears, this time, tears of happiness.

Jonghyun reaches across the table slowly, grasping Kibum’s hand in his own, marveling at familiar warmth that floods through his veins at the touch. His mind may have forgotten the words, but his body never forgot how it felt. Jonghyun gently pulls on Kibum’s hand, “Come here.”  

Kibum gets up and moves over to sit next to Jonghyun on the cushioned bench seat, holding his hand all the while. He leans sideways, resting his head on Jonghyun’s shoulder, loving the way his head still fits perfectly into the space. Jonghyun’s arm automatically stretches out to wrap around Kibum’s shoulder protectively, holding him close.

They stay like that for a long time, watching the sun slowly disappear behind the skyline. Jonghyun glances down at the beautiful boy in his arms, a genuine smile gracing his features for the first time in years. “I missed you, too.” He whispers, one hand reaching up to cradle Kibum’s face, pulling him closer and closer until their lips meet. The kiss is soft and sweet, with a faint flavor of coffee, and a dash of new beginnings.

 

 

 

 

a/n: well that's it guys, thanks for reading, hope you liked it~ If you did be sure to let me know in the comments below~ have a lovely day! ^^

stalk me