one of one

What I'll Miss (And Won't)

 

When Lee Soyoung woke up she wasn't expecting this. A list from her boyfriend, Kim Myungsoo (maybe ex-boyfriend now) entitled 'What I'll Miss (And Won't) 
 
1. I'll miss calling you everyday.
 
2. I'll miss your pout, when you get mad or upset.
 
3. (I won't miss) Your apple shampoo. 
 
4. (I also won't miss) Your dog, Boo. 
 
5. I'll miss your strawberry kisses.
 
6. I'll miss the way you come over and surprise me.
 
7. (I won't miss) Your father, he's quite scary.
 
8. I'll miss it when we swim together.
 
9. I'll miss it when we just cuddle on a rainy day. 
 
10. But I'll especially won't miss Lee Soyoung.
 
She would be lying if she said she didn't cry. Was this a way of him breaking up with her? A cruel and unusual way?
 
 
She called him, but there was no answer. She looked inside the envelope to see another piece of paper. 
 
 
'Let's meet after work, come over tonight.' No smiley face at the end, no emotion portrayed in that little sentence. Maybe it really was the end, the end of their everything.
 
 
She wondered around the whole, trying to think of what went wrong. It was true he didn't like Boo, her father, and her apple smelling shampoo; he had said it smelled too generic. 
 
 
She looked at the list over and over again trying to decipher it before they meet. 
 
 
'I think Myungsoo wants to break up.' She texted her best friend, YuJin. 
 
 
'What do you mean what happened?' She quickly replied. 
 
 
Soyoung sent the picture of the list to her. 
 
 
'Oh my gosh. That's crazy and sleazy! Break up with him!' She read YuJin's reply, but was that truly what she wanted? She hoped that at their meeting she could convince him that they could stay together.
 
 
When she arrived, his apartment was empty, nothing there, no furniture just the little table that sat the two of them were in the living room. 
 
 
"Myungsoo? Are you here?" She called out, but she heard keys jingling, the door opened to reveal Myungsoo; who was smiling. 
 
 
"Why are you smiling? If you want to break up with me, why write this stupid list!?" She yelled, "We've been together for so long and you do this stupid list?" She continued by ripping the paper. But he was still smiling.
 
 
"Number one, I'll miss call you everyday, because I won't need to." He stepped one foot closer, "Number two, I'll miss your pout, because I'll make sure you won't ever be mad or upset." He took another step.
 
 
Soyoung took a step back, not wanting him to come near her. "I won't miss your apple shampoo, but I'll have to live with that, as well as Boo."
 
 
"Where are you going with this?" She took another step back as he stepped forward. 
 
 
"I'll miss your strawberry kisses, mostly because you lost your now discontinued strawberry flavored Chapstick. I'll also miss you coming over and surprising me, mostly because you won't need to come over anymore." She bit her lip, maybe this was the end. 
 
 
"I won't miss your father, but that is  another thing I would have to get used to." He smiled, taking another step forward, she wanted to step back but she was already against the wall. "I'll miss it when we swim together, mostly because the place I'm moving to doesn't have a pool." He shrugged, as if it were nothing. 
 
 
"Myungsoo, please tell me what is going on right now." She demanded but he just continued. 
 
 
"I'll miss it when we just cuddle on a rainy day, because now we can do it everyday." He smiled as he put his hands on his waist. 
 
 
"But I especially won't miss Lee Soyoung, because I'm sure she'll become Kim Soyoung." He kissed her, she tried to push away, but he put his hands on either side of her face, keeping their lips together. 
 
 
"Will you marry me, Lee Soyoung?" He asked as he pulled away. 
 
 
"Kim Myungsoo, you're lucky I love you. And of course I'll marry you." She leaned in and kissed him.