Happy Endings

Happy Endings

 

Happy Endings
 
 

It's dark in here, but the noise is white, like the snow falling outside, the emptiness in-between each one of his shy breaths. But the curtains let a little moon shine its way in, perfectly dim, just enough to see him.

A strand of hair suddenly falls and hides the view, and so Kim Ryeowook transfers his weight onto his right elbow, and moves the hair out of his eyes with his left hand. And he smiles.

[Because everything is just perfect like this, it's picture perfect, moment perfect: there, just underneath the covers, underneath this layer of fabric, there he is, , warm, and... his. Finally.]


Face deep in the large pillow, sunk all the way in to his ears as though the feathers in it were molding his features like sand, he speaks through it, his muffled voice still so clear:

"What? I don't know, I... I don't know..."

He laughs playful and shy, when Ryeowook hits his in fake frustration, while his face is still hidden in the pillow; and then he looks up, bed-hair glorious, devilish smirk - and the air is siphoned immediately out of Ryeowook's lungs.

"I guess... I guess we should do the whole thing again if we want to find out which one I liked best..."

To this, Ryeowook blushes, while Kyuhyun plays it up some more, desires some more.

"I mean it could be this..."

He removes the covers from Ryeowook's curved and body, his hand gently gliding over his now uncovered shoulder, climbing the goosebumps on the pale skin one finger at a time.

And
down
the
hand
goes.

And it goes lower - a shudder from Ryeowook when it stops at the hips enticingly.

And it wouldn't show (..even if someone were to watch, it just wouldn't show) that not even 20 hours ago, the smaller one of the two was here, alone, crying himself to sleep from what he thought were unrequited feelings. It wouldn't show that neither of them knows how this works, that neither of them predicted it, planned it. The right words, the seduction, the click: like a play, it all sounds rehearsed on both ends (and maybe it was, with a mirror as the only witness - we'll never know).

But what needs to be said is said, now. It's still being done, too.

"I... Tell me if it's... I mean...If you want..."

All Ryeowook can think of is kissing him. Kissing him, kissing his question, his beautiful question, because his heart is full of this, of them, of the moment (and the hand is so warm, crossing over to his navel, fingers dipping in his belly button, the shivers trembling him).

And tiny, emotional, this is all that comes out of him:

"You... I can't believe... we are here, you and me... I..."

Sealed with a kiss, because Kyuhyun wants more of him, now. He wants what he has been working so hard not to want, what he has been training his mind to ignore for so long.




And this play, this piece, this moment, like all happy endings... it starts everything.



_________________________