Finding you

When I began to believe...

Key's POV

5 days had gone by with no sign of Taemin. A small eternity for all of us

Things had changed, since he'd disappeared. Onew had become more restless than ever, refusing to eat, sleep, even walk outside. At times, we could hear him crying in the shower, yet there was no comfort we could give him, no promises whether Taemin was alright or not. As for Jonghyun... He was the most rational of us all, finding the right words when one of us lashed out.

And me? I was furious, and not to mentioned devestated. I kept it in as best as I could. But things were getting more and more difficult, there was a time lapse, a clock ticking above our heads, which was running out. Our patience, our rationalitly and sanity... it was only a matter before one of us lost it.

And we wern't getting far either. The only thing we figured out is that whoever had him kidnapped, must've had some kind of reason to have a grudge against him. That narrowed it down to pretty much anyone in our school, and that was assuming we knew the bastard.

I sat on Taemin's couch, still trying to figure out how someone could just disappear into thin air like that. I stared at the books he owned, like they could give me any answers.

The door creaked open and Jonghyun walked in,coming back from his shift of looking for Taemin. I could see the dissapointed look on his face and knew he hadn't found him. He looked over where I was sitting, and saw the tears running down my eyes. Wordlessly, he walked over and sat down beside me, pulling my head into his lap, my hair soothingly. He didn't need to know what was going through my head; all the unspoken feelings we all knew the other felt.

Onew walked in, having taken a shower, in tracksuit bottoms with no shirt and uncombed wet hair. He'd grown thinner already since Taemin's disappearance; his spine and collar bones more defined. He sat on the floor in front of me and Jonghyun.

"Ok, lets go through it again." Jonghyun said, for the millionth time.

"I saw him last when I had my interview. We hugged and said goodbye. He seemed fine" I said, having repeated it so many times before.

Jonghyun nodded. "Onew?"

"The last I saw him was at lunch when he came to find me" He said.

"So basically... When he was kidnapped, it must've been planned by some-" Jonghyun began.

"Hang on." Onew said, looking out the window deep in thought.

I scrambled out of Jonghyun's lap, over to Onew's side.

"Yes?" I asked, looking at him.

"When he came to find me... like you know, he was upset. He'd said... 'I hate GD! I hate Minho!'" He recalled.

"Do you think Minho or GD is responsible for making him upset in the first place, or was that just included in his rant?" Jonghyun asked, earning him a glare from me. Taemin didn't rant.

"It's possible..." Onew said slowly.

"Then that's it!" I said, smiling for the first time in days. "We just have to find them, to find Taemin!"

The three of us looked at each other, smiling for finally having found one clue where Taemin was. We could bring him back home, where he belonged. I looked at the clock. 7:28pm.

"Where do you think they'll be keeping him?" Jonghyun asked.

"Hmm.. Where they wouldn't be caught holding someone hostage, where nobody looks." I said.

"So in an abondend buliding somewhere?" Onew asked, his smile fading at the thought.

I shook my head. "No, there arn't many left of them now, I read earlier that they are going to be redone into student homes. Besides, someone could easily find him there."

"So where?" Onew asked, looking at me with hope in his eyes. Hope and desperation.

Jonghyun snapped his fingers. "One of their homes."

I thought about it. "That makes sense... where do we find out where they live?" I asked.

"In school" Onew replied instantly. "They keep recorded infomation about each and every student. One of their addresses has got to be one there" He finished.

"That's great!" I said, jumping to my feet and grabbing my coat.

"Hang on!" Jonghyun said

"What?" I asked, knotting my shoes.

"School's closed. It won't be open until tomorrow morning again" He said, looking at me.

"So? All we have to then is break in." I said casually.

They all looked at me in horror.

Time to make a speech of honour, I thought. "If we're on the right lead here, we might be able find Taemin, might be able to know if he's safe, might be able to bring him back. This is the first clue we've had in days, I don't care about rules. I care about Taemin. And if you think that it's worth waiting another second to find out what might be the first step to bring him back, because of a closed gate, because someone says 'We shouldn't' it might be another second of Taemin's life slipping away. We assume he's still alive, even though we technically don't know that. I'm ready to find him, and don't think a locked gate is going to stop me." I finished, crossing my arms and looking down at them.

Both of them got up to grab their coats.

"Good" I said, smirking.

**************************

"You sure about this?" Onew asked, looking at the towering metal gate in front of us.

I looked at him seriously. "If you don't want to do this, leave." I said coldly.

He instantly shut up. I knew he wanted to find Taemin just as bad as we did, but, unlike me, he didn't know where to draw the line for how extreme one was willing to go.

"Lets go" I said.

I started to climb the gates, making sure to avoid the sharp arrows at the top. The others were close behind me, climbing silently. Distantly, I heard an owl howling through the night.

Jonghyun was the first to land, amazingly good at this. I smiled at him, my knight in armour. Suddenly, I lost my balance climbing down." I yelped as a started to fall. I closed my eyes and waited for the ground to brutally hit me, but opened them slowly when I landed softly into Jonghyun's arms. He kissed me and put me down just as Onew managed to reach the bottom.

I looked down and saw that my jeans had ripped in my almost-fall. "Oh hell no" I whispered. Jonghyun stiffled a laugh at my anger. When I get my hands on Minho and GD, before they died a very brutal death at my hands, they were gonna buy me a new pair of the most expensive jeans.

"Ready?" Jonghyun asked, a twinkle in his eyes.

I refocused on the task ahead. "Yes" I replied.

"I'm good." Onew said beside me.

"The records would be... in the principle's office." I guessed.

Jonghyun looked at me pleased. "My bet's on a filing cabinet" He said and grinned as we started towards the principles office.

A while later, we arrived at the princples office door.

MRS. O'DEAN  read the ingraved writing.

Jonghyun tested the handle, which proved to be locked. He looked around one final time before roughly pulling it down, breaking it in the process. The door creaked open.

There was nothing spectacular about the room. It had 2 wooden bookshelves behind a desk, which had a modern computer on it. 2 plush chairs were placed in front the old table, probobly for visitors. There was a door leading to a toilet behind the desk chair... which had a small filing cabinet next to it.

"Bingo!" I whispered and made my way towards it, the others close on my heels.

I tried the first drawer which was locked, along with all the others. I looked around to see if there was anything which could open it. A flash of pain hit me from my head. I sharply turned around to see Jonghyun holding one of my hair clips, trying to fit it into the drawer lock.

A sudden click was heard, and we all broke a grin at the sound. Jonghyun unlocked all the others, and soon we all sat down buried in diffrent students files. No words were spoken as we were all focused seperatly at finding GD and Minho's files, hidden among the others.

"I found Taemin's" I said. placing it in a seperate pile.

"Got it!" Jonghyun said, pulling out a yellow file, titled Minho.

"Found Ji-yong" Onew said shortly after.

I shuffled so I sat between the two. I snatched the file out of Jonghyun's hands, roughly pulling the paper out of it as Onew did the same.

"House #11170 Pyeongchang-dong -"

" Jongno-gu, Seoul," Onew fininished for me, looking at his own file. He looked up at me with wide eyes.

"That's strange, shouldn't the address be longer?" Jonghyun asked, completly oblvivious to the new discovery.

"Jonghyun!" I hissed at him.

He looked at me. "What?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Don't you get it?! Minho and GD live together!" I said, shaking the paper with the address in front of his face.

His eyes visibly widened. "But... Does that mean...?"

"Minho and GD are living in the same house, the very house that may have Taemin in it? YES!" I shouted.

We heard the door creak open from down the hallway outside the office.

"Time to go!" I whispered, standing up and taking the files with me.

"What about this mess?" Jonghyun asked, starting to stand up too.

"Doesn't matter" I replied. I looked around to find Onew...

... Who was still on the floor, looking at Taemin's file, the papers spilled out. He held one paper, the one with his picture on it.

"We'll find you" He whispered hoarsly, his own tear away from the image using his thumb.

 

A/N: Hehehhehe.... SHINee playing Sherlock eh? (Wonder where I got that from? Gosh, I'm so original (not)).

Apologies for not making any Minho/Taemin POV, but I needed to still make sure that Key/jonghyun/Onew were still in the story (more Taemin/Minho POV later ~ promise)

Love you all for reading this, you are literally making my day (or night, technically).  <3 <3 xx

Update soon <3