Trialled and Tested: Only One Shot

Trialled and Tested

 

Living in Manila turned out better than expected. Yongguk speculated in his little introspection, as he stood observing his four close friends and one exceptionally close friend enjoy the small party for six he had planned especially for his lonely single friends like Himchan and Daehyun. Yes, the party included the mingling of girls, but it was small, and the girls were strikingly gorgeous with personality. Yongguk chose very carefully when he chatted to them at the nearby club, cherry picking them as if he was planning on dating one of them himself.

The party seemed to be going well. Manila was hot and amazingly humid. The gentle occasional breeze they received when they felt too hot during the party made it all the better. Especially since this was Yongguk’s yacht, and sweat all over his precious boat would probably bring him to tears.

 Yongguk glanced over at his friend, YoungJae, who was helping himself to another glass of wine. YoungJae’s eyes flickered over to meet Yongguk’s gaze and he winked, sipping from his glass elegantly. Yongguk smiled widely, and let Daehyun ramble on about how brilliant the boat was and how Jong Up was in his little fantasy world at the front of the boat, pretending he was Rose and Jack from Titanic. The girls on the higher deck eyed him strangely, but Jong Up being himself, never noticed these things. Jun Hong, -Yongguk enjoyed calling him this- or otherwise ‘Zelo’ was happily eating the grapes Yongguk had gotten for him since he wasn’t allowed alcohol, with the women behind him eyeing him hungrily, some even guilty, because he was too young for them. Himchan was having the time of his life, clearly delighted with the choice of women Yongguk had made.

Yongguk’s gaze landed back onto YoungJae who seemed to be hinting something. It was only a few hours after when the party ended that he figured it out.

A week later, recovering from something more than just the amazing he had had, but the blossoming of his new relationship with Yoo YoungJae the morning after. Happy because it was sunny and of the recent events, he pushed open his garage door, the adverts of the opposite store catching his eye. Jong Up, being Jong Up visited Yongguk with a wide smile and hug.

Yongguk’s eyes widened as he noticed a large physique making their way towards Jong Up, armed with a metal pole. He opened his mouth to yell a warning to Jong Up, who turned around at the moment, allowing him to be walloped in the forehead by a rotund stranger with sunglasses and gang logo on the back of his jacket.

“You. This is yours.” The stranger held up a small black object in his corpulent sausages called fingers and tossed it at Yongguk’s chest, the huge metal pole still in the stranger’s hands. Yongguk didn’t notice this, but did take notice to the unconscious Jong Up on the ground. Yongguk fell to his knees, shaking Jong Up awake feverishly, when he heard the revolution of a car engine and the stranger jumping on to the back of a truck, accompanied by numerous people with matching gang logos. The stranger dragged his finger across his neck and pointed to Yongguk.

The jeep drove away before Yongguk could get a word out of his mouth.

It took two hours, forty three minutes and 28 seconds to get Jong Up to wake up again. For the whole time, Yongguk sat by his couch near his car in his garage waiting, staring at the large clock counting the hours, minutes and seconds. He awoke and grunted, Himchan being his motherly self had bandaged Jong Up fairly cleanly and well, the bandage wrapped round his head, but there was now a very conspicuous round circle of blood marking the bandage right side of his forehead, Himchan had placed Jong Up’s beanie in his own quarters. Almost everyone looked at Jong Up worriedly, scanning him for any more possible injuries.

“How are you feeling?” Yongguk asked.

“.” Jong Up replied brusque, rubbing his face tiredly. Everyone fell silent, and Yongguk mentally groaned.  This barely ever happened with this group. They stayed out of the other gang’s mess ups, wars and kept clean… most of the time. Jong Up hadn’t been doing anything for the past week so it must have been something different. No one had ever been taken before.

“Oh, Hyung I forgot, I found this.” Jun Hong’s voice broke the silence, patting his elder’s shoulder gently. Yongguk turned his head. “Wanna see what’s on it? I mean, I found this on the driveway when you called.”

“Huh?” the elder raised his brow at his denim clad, baseball capped black haired younger.

“Come on Hyung let’s see what’s on it.” Jun Hong pleaded with a pout. Sighing, Yongguk admitted defeat, scrutinising the pen drive he received, and rammed it into the black laptop, seated on the coffee table.

He did not expect to see what he saw.

The pen drive played a video automatically, and the group were greeted to a burly man with a Mohawk and a black mask covering the bottom of his face. The man moved to the side of the video, to reveal his special article with a complacent dark chuckle.

Everyone gasped.

There he was. YoungJae, Yongguk’s new boyfriend was seated with his hands tied behind his back. YoungJae looked pretty beat up already. He was brought up to face the camera by a sharp tug of his dark grey shirt at the back, forcing out a cry of pain. His usually bright skin was dull, his left eye darker than his right. There was a large blood trail, leading from YoungJae’s mouth and ending by his chin. Yongguk felt his eyebrows furrow together.

Yongguk could only watch as the burly man took hold of his boyfriend’s hair and punched him. It was hard enough you could hear the crack and the groan belonging to the broken YoungJae. Yongguk kept his eyes trained on the screen fighting hard not to throw his computer to the ground. Yongguk needed to know more information.

The man looked at YoungJae’s face, holding him by the chin – it could have even passed for affectionately worried- but to no avail, Yongguk was coerced to watch the man send another clout to his boyfriend’s face, causing another whimper of pain. Everyone but Yongguk turned away from the screen. He could feel his hands curling into fist and his jaw clenching as he watched someone else touch his Youngjae. The continuous punching stopped. Not after two, but after maybe ten or twenty. He couldn’t bring himself to count anymore because he knew the results of that would be disastrous.

They yanked YoungJae back by grabbing a fistful of his once beautiful professionally cut sandy hair. YoungJae made a loud gurgling noise of agony, burning right through to Yongguk’s heart. The other man bared YoungJae’s neck, revealing the pale skin that Yongguk had once kissed before, and held a knife dangerously close to his jugular vein. The position of that vein, Yongguk only knew because of YoungJae who had told him.

“You have an option. Him dead, or you pay.” A gruff voice was heard, presumably by the fat but intimidating one. The other man, the short but thin one, grabbed a sign, looping it round YoungJae’s neck and pulled his head backwards from his hunched over position by his hair, earning a breathy and capitulated groan from the boy:

$10, 000, 000

“Make it quick.” The other ominously added, rubbing his fingers together with glee. There was a glint of mischief in his eyes, Yongguk noticed it. “We see you in two weeks, at the subway, usual place. Be there.” The video ended abruptly, the gargling noise of the video ending being the last Yongguk saw of his boyfriend. Everyone fell back exasperated, loud sighs were heard now that the video was over.

Yongguk stared at the screen for what seemed like forever to his friends, before slamming the screen of the laptop down onto the keyboard.

“Get dressed, seems like we have planning to do.” Yongguk ordered, standing up and pointing to everyone in the room. The five others dispersed to their originated places and grabbed their own dark blue overalls. “Come on, to the table.”

The floor above the garage was their extra work. It was when they had troubles to deal with and the dealt with the planning there. The execution of the planning would take place some other date. Yongguk made sure this time, for YoungJae’s sake, that everything he did, would go smoothly, if not perfectly.

He flicked the halogen light -that hung from above the table on illuminating the table and the map that Yongguk had flung onto the table- on. Jun Hong crouched at the edge of the table (on the table mind you). He was one of the few not in his overall. Instead, he had wrapped a bandana around his head to keep his hair from going all over the place; he knew that Yongguk wouldn’t say anything to him anyhow.

Daehyun leaned over on the table, a smirk gracing his lips and his chain dangling from his neck, he rubbed his hands together in anticipation. Himchan was swiftly climbing the metal twirling stairs leading to the floor above. Jong Up leaned against the railing of the floor lazily, his overall not worn properly either, but as trousers, the arms of his overall were wrapped around his waist. Yongguk beckoned with a clap and the troupe gathered by the table, properly. In his hand, he played with a toy truck that sat on the table as per usual and stared at the map intently.

For YoungJae. Yongguk thought to himself, nodding as the members of his group eyed him curiously.

“Okay, we need to get money.” He announced, pointing at Jun Hong. “We need to use your fancy camera to take photos of our surroundings.  No need to worry maknae, I got more for you to do as well.” Jun Hong nodded with a grin.

“Now, you.” Yongguk proceeded to Himchan, “We need mods on our trucks. We need extra guarding, extra speed, just mod everything y’know? Make sure our babies our more than perfect.” Himchan heightened his brow, scoffing and leant in closer to the map that was laid on the table, accompanied by two trucks, one lorry and a small car. Yongguk grabbed a sheet of paper reading an address on it, followed by a small black and white photo. “This is where they prepare to send the freshly printed money.” Yongguk tossed the sheet onto the designated area of the map expertly. He was the one who did the planning majority of the time if not all. Yongguk had always enjoyed planning.

His sentence was acknowledged by numerous mumbles of understanding and acquiesces of the other members.

“Great. Now, today is Thursday right? They do their deliveries to the banks every month –which happens to be this week- on a Monday or Tuesday, because it’ll be around two or three in the morning.” Yongguk remembered about a certain member’s age and swiftly turned to face him, “Are you up for that Jun Hong?”

He laughed. “Hyung, I’m a Greek god for a reason. I am the god of rivalry.” He cheered, puffing out his chest proudly. The blasphemy stated being the norm from Zelo.

“Okay, we move on. Here, we have our arms sellers. Daehyun, Jong Up you know what to do, I expect your sources to be good. I’ll give you some cash when you’re up to date.” Daehyun and Jong Up murmured an answer of obligation.

“Now back to the matter at hand. Everyone, make their calls and go about their business, Jun Hong and I will take photos for our small task on Monday. We’ll meet again at my call.” Yongguk clapped again, and everyone abruptly made a move, fist pumping each other, and shaking each other’s hands before departing. Daehyun wrapped his arm around Jong Up, and pulled his smartphone out of his overall pocket, preparing to make the call to his source. Jong Up listened intently. Himchan made for the groups ‘babies’, undeniably enthusiastic about modifying them to a higher level. Jun Hong and Yongguk left to get dressed.

“Let me get dressed out of this, Jun Hong, I’ll be with you in a moment. What time is it?”

“It’s four thirty two.” Jun Hong replied, too grabbing relevant clothes and his ‘fancy ’ camera. Yongguk exited his quarters and Jun Hong waved his camera. “Where are we going? By the way it’s Zelo.”

“You’ll see my young chum.” Yongguk ruffled the younger boy’s hair playfully. “Let’s move.”

The two males started their peregrination, Yongguk being as brisk as he usually was and Jun Hong following easily, his height gave him that as one of many advantages. “Here, take that landing there.” Yongguk glanced down at his map and pointed to the above level.  “I’ll be here. You guys get an advantage to test your strength. I heard the new guys are stronger.” Their conversation was brief, as Yongguk specified the shots Zelo needed to take, and hinted him of the plan gradually.

A day later, the loud patter of footsteps running were heard down the steps of the abandoned subway unit. Abandoned because the tracks were broken, vandalised too often, unused too often. Deaths made known so frequently, they had to shut it down because suicidal kids were appearing everywhere it seemed. Their arms sellers waited patiently, and the pair left to pick up the small crate were two and half minutes late. Arms sellers were usually very meticulous about timing. They reached the side of the track and turned to face their sellers, whom their sources had informed about, leaning against the dull grey walls. Daehyun smiled widely as he saw the crate by the ground. Rushing towards it, he lifted the lid, surprised when the seller slammed his foot on the lid of the crate. Daehyun looked up, disappointment written all over his face.

Jong Up tutted his friend and patted one of the sellers shoulder. He handed the two rolls of notes given from Yongguk, who was unsurprising towards their news of the seller’s whereabouts and quantity and said quality of arms. The seller grudgingly pulled his foot back from the box, and the two were pleased with the result. Jong Up pushed his hand into the box and grabbed one of the revolvers and reloaded it easily. The pair grinned and thanked the seller, before swiftly exiting up the stairs. Jong Up stuffed the gun into his pocket.

They returned to the garage, amidst Himchan’s preparations of the modifications of the two trucks needed for their ‘trip’ the upcoming Monday. He ignored their presence as he slid out from underneath the vehicle, readjusted one of the valves in the new engine and shut the bonnet calmly. He was soon well into their second baby. Mechanics were always Himchan’s strong point after all. Smug, he opened the door of the truck and seated himself at the wheel, turning on the ignition and relished the perfect, quiet hum of the vehicle that he had worked hard for. Proud of his work, he tapped the wheel with a smile.

“Alright, alright, I want everyone up here.” Yongguk’s voice was hoarse as he beckoned s over to the floor above for news. “What have we got?” It was Monday morning.

“Trucks are modified to their utmost extent.” Himchan boasted, Yongguk nodded proudly, and managed to bump fists with Himchan in the process, congratulating him for his back breaking labour.

“Arms are prepared and loaded.” Daehyun murmured, staring into space.

“Photographs of the money transport destination taken and waiting to be displayed.” Jun Hong grinned cheekily, earning undeserved slaps on the arms by his seniors. Yongguk decided to proceed to his plan.

“So, the trucks land here. Not to worry, I’ll direct you lot, two in each truck okay? Try not to leave anything behind. I’ll be here.” Yongguk pointed to a place on the map, followed by a picture of the landing.  “The cars will be just there, and I get perfect view of it all, it’s only a few yards anyway. We begin with you lot pestering the transporters, maybe beat the out of the while you’re at it. Grab the keys; it should be around their hip or waists on a belt of some sort. When you leave, you all take this van, and I’ll catch up in the other.”

Everyone looked at him coolly. “That’ll be it, make sure to wear suitable clothes. Yes, Jun Hong that means overalls and a mask for you lot. They don’t need to see your faces. I don’t want to risk anyone.”

“Alright.” Zelo sighed, clearly unwilling to wear his overalls.

“I’ll make a last check on the vehicles.”

“I’ll be finding something to wear for the morning…”

The voices were tuned out as Yongguk seated himself in the empty waiting room on the red benches of their garage. It was closed due to what was going on. He propped his arms onto his thighs and breathed deeply, memories flooding his brain of the week before. He saw YoungJae in the seat, being beaten to a pulp; smiling at him, glass of wine in his hand. Yongguk felt for his own chain -of the cross- in his overall. If nothing else worked, let’s hope God did. He kissed his cross softly, murmuring YoungJae’s name in the process. Moments later, Yongguk gave up sitting still and decided to find something to keep himself busy until the time came.

The hours passed, and Yongguk was already propped against the railings of his designated watch point. He had his walkie talkie in his hand, and checked the time with his -supposed to be- pocket watched looped round his neck with his other. He tried to vacate his mind of YoungJae before he compromised the mission completely.

He watched from above and distanced the two males who were loading the two bags of one hundred dollar notes. They didn’t look very strong, one was pudgy the other was average build. The two men shut the door creakily, and turned the engine on. Hurriedly, Yongguk ordered for the trucks to make their way, from their hiding spots, behind and in front of the transporting vehicle.

The two men hadn’t moved a centimetre and had to force themselves out of the car, and the four left over members continued with the plan – to cause a disruption. Zelo and Jong Up made their way from behind, Himchan and Daehyun from the front.

Himchan took hold of the pudgy male, arm held tightly round his neck. Zelo took advantage of this, and ran his hand down the man’s body in search for the key. Easily found, because it was on the front of his belt. He threw the key to Jong Up, who caught it easily, dismissing Zelo with a smug wave, Zelo ran for Daehyun and Himchan’s truck. Assisted by Daehyun, the two pulled open the heavy iron door of the vehicle.

Jong Up’s eyes widened at the sight of the two bags. Daehyun nodded, silent communication being very easy at how close they were. Jong Up grabbed a bag, as did Daehyun. The two flung the bags over their shoulders and made for the first vehicle.  Himchan had gone to the same vehicle to save as much time escaping as possible. The transporters were unconscious, but would awake in a few hours, meaning they needed their other truck returned quickly, and hopefully by Yongguk.

The four fled to the garage, leaving Yongguk to take the last four by four. He swiftly made for the car and sped back to the garage. He met with his troupe in the back room with the old worn out sofas, who all nodded at him solemnly. “What do we have?” Yongguk noted Jun Hong holding a small pile of notes and hitting it against his hand, his mask pulled down his face because he despised wearing masks.

“More than plenty.” Himchan answered for him, not taking his eyes off the bags of cash that had been opened and spread all over the floor. Yongguk seated himself by the opposing wall, and stared at the money. “We’ve already started to count the cash.” Jong Up flicked through another pile of notes checking how much he had with him.

“We have another few days.” Yongguk argued.

“Better safe than sorry bro.” Jong Up shrugged, really quite casually. He placed the last pile of notes to the overall pile, stacked neatly in two by fives by two.

Himchan placed his hand on Yongguk’s shoulder. “You know Hyung, we all want YoungJae back. You know we’ll all do whatever we can to get him back.” He patted him softly. A means of showing that there was support from everyone in the group. Yongguk nodded, silently. His hair was worse than ever and the bags under his eyes were becoming more noticeable with news of YoungJae’s kidnap. Suddenly, sick of the tension in the room, he stalked out. He left s both stupefied and sorrowful. The youngest of the group of friends letting his head fall into his lap.

***

It was the date of the money transfer. The group that ordered the ransom were seemingly happy to know of the money they would be receiving that day. Whilst YoungJae was left by the wall, slouching, the blood accumulated on his face now dry and he felt he desperately needed a wash. His grey t-shirt clung to his back, and his dark blue button up shirt flapped as a train went by giving him some much needed cool air. The people of the group were watching him, laughing and whispering jokes to each other, too close to each other that he was forced to look away, disgusted.

Where was Yongguk and his own gang?

Quiet footsteps were heard coming from the opposing stairs, two exits being available in this subway station that was still in use. “Here they are.” A member of the group called to the others, a hint of mockery in his voice. The leader of this group was a bald, shiny headed man, with circular old fashioned sunglasses, and clothes that looked like they had come from a trash can. Hipster he may have tried, hipster he most certainly failed.

YoungJae felt numerous arms come for him, him being the trade of the little game they played. The two pairs of arms linked with his and he limped to view Yongguk. It had felt like forever since he had seen him, and so he looked up, hopefully.

YoungJae feasted his eyes upon the group, all clad in black. Yongguk’s hair was still its usual electric shock state, his uniform making him look so much more intimidating than he remembered. It didn’t matter to YoungJae though, just seeing Yongguk made him feel relieved, and by looking carefully at him, he noticed that Yongguk felt the same, and he was touched.

YoungJae watched, as his handsome boyfriend stepped forward and dropped the black briefcase to the floor with an echoing thud. The opposing group smirked, and went to retrieve it, opening the briefcase and grinning madly at the money given in hundred dollar notes.

YoungJae felt his heart lift, even though the two pairs of arms pushed him back to Yongguk. Stumbling slightly, he regained his equilibrium and groaned. A member of the group he was leaving patted his shoulder and YoungJae couldn’t tell if it was mockery or genuine, but it didn’t matter, his job was almost done.

YoungJae tumbled his way to Yongguk, with a lopsided smile and stopped right in front of him. Yongguk’s eyes read relief, and he took YoungJae into a sly whole hearted, loving hug, reserved for YoungJae only. It was nice to be in Yongguk’s arms YoungJae believed, but his job was so close to being finished. The opposing group were rejoicing with the money YoungJae had worked hard to get for them.

They came on time.

The sound of sirens erupt the eery silence, and loud thundering footsteps came crashing down the stairs. It was the SWAT team. Finally. YoungJae thought and smirked, whilst remaining where he was calmly, as both sides started running, but each exit was already barricaded. YoungJae felt somewhat pitiful for the youngest member Jun Hong who immediately put his hands in the air, confused.

YoungJae glanced behind him, and let his smirk grow. The pain he went through for this was totally worth it. And the paycheck he would receive, oh the paycheck. He faced Yongguk, the smile still playing with the corners of his mouth. This time, Yongguk’s eyes demanded for an explanation. YoungJae just waited for the moment, turning when he heard his name be called from behind him.

Oh, it was Jongin who had come to deliver it. Jongin was always such a good boy, his father being the boss and everything.  Jongin made a quick salute and YoungJae nodded in return, wearily. Being beaten up really did things to you.

“Sir Yoo YoungJae. I am here to return you your badge.” YoungJae simply watched Jongin silently, as he forked through his pocket and retrieved YoungJae’s badge.

“I know.”  YoungJae smiled at the boy. The boy did a quick salute and YoungJae turned to face Yongguk and flashed his silver badge. “Did I ever tell you I was an undercover agent?” YoungJae asked with a chuckle that made the blood in Yongguk’s system run cold. “I left a tracker in my bag after our little-“he coughed awkwardly, “session, and here we are. I must admit, you did look surprised I was leaving for somewhere, but I knew you would trust me because I was your boyfriend. I must admit though, the was great.” YoungJae glance behind him for a moment.

“It was really touching to know how far you would go for me Yongguk. Sad to say that you got yourself in this business… being with gangs and whatnot, but there won’t be any worry for Jun Hong, he’ll be fine. It’s just the rest of you lot. If you must know, I did know that you would get the ten million, it’s nothing for you. These guys-“YoungJae pointed to the men behind him, “were ecstatic of course. The deal we made beforehand guaranteed them money, because I knew how smart you are.”

He flashed his well-polished, gleaming, silver badge once more and gave Yongguk a small mocking salute. “See you whenever you lot.” YoungJae waved, sauntering down the path that seemed to have been paved for him through the other group. He mock saluted everyone else and continued his walk. YoungJae had no care in the world.

Yongguk felt his blood boil. No one played with his heart and mind like that. He could hear the loud sounds of complaints from the rest of his group, and the opposing team. Yongguk started briskly chasing after him, only to be stopped and tackled to the ground by some of the SWAT team. Everyone else there was receiving the same sort of treatment, held up against walls for arrest or just taken down on the spot.

Yongguk let his eyes travel to the retreating figure of Yoo YoungJae walking away as if it wasn’t his fault that this was happening.

 

Their relationship had only just blossomed.

But then again… it never really was.

 

 


IT'S DONE.  I'M SO DONE. I NEED TO STOP THIS.

I'LL SPAM YOU WITH BANGJAE/2YONG INSTEAD.

tumblr_m5sc18uCDR1qcca7po1_500.gif

tumblr_mbojuvX7Oi1qamr8go1_500.gif

tumblr_mbx2sa3phP1rj3aq3o1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m8owalwIJk1qj74b0o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mdjbcz2yfR1qlos1ao1_500.png

tumblr_m8k9nettfC1qjudfbo1_500.gif

tumblr_mbolmezklL1rodoaxo6_r1_250.gif    tumblr_mbb6i1nW2I1roah3so2_250.png   tumblr_mbb6i1nW2I1roah3so1_250.gif

tumblr_mbb6i1nW2I1roah3so3_250.gif   tumblr_mbb6i1nW2I1roah3so6_250.gif    tumblr_mbb6i1nW2I1roah3so5_250.png

tumblr_mipo9wwBsn1s4k1t6o2_r1_250.gif   BANGJAE©1990CJY  

tumblr_mhjsjarCXR1rqfbyvo1_500.jpg   credits: Babyboss9

Okay, so you all must hate me for that right? Lol, I do what I want. Uhm, yeah so if you liked it (the oneshot of One Shot oh I'm hilarious)... please comment, subscribe and/or upvote (lol I'm kidding this I don't know why I wrote it- wait yes I do.) 

And I bet you all are like:

tumblr_m2lm9evsZi1qkewe4o1_400.gif

HudaCheesecake x

P.S. Currently dying... because of how many writers there are online who did a MUCH better job than I did. *sigh* I'll stop rambling now.