Professional Mode; Code Black

Miasmic Peck

Hee Yeon POV

That creepy assassin… He’s getting scary now and that means a lot for someone to be scary to me! He’s so rash in my eyes…

I went into work dressed as Hee Yeon today, wearing my overly baggy clothes. I was planning to confuse Jung Jinyoung by appearing in this state.

He’ll wonder where Lena has gone and why Hee Yeon has returned.

I went to my desk quickly, passing by Jung Jinyoung’s cubicle.

He didn’t seem to notice. I started doing my work, Minhee coming in through the room’s front door, immediately gaining all of Jung Jinyoung’s attention.

I almost sighed, knowing that he would pay attention to Minhee for a long while until he came over, and most likely because Minhee walked over.

I knew I would have to wait a while and my thoughts drifted to Gongchan.

I can’t believe he told me to be nice to that crazy assassin… He was totally about to stab me last night! And he’s just so annoying! How could anyone want to be friends with him of all people!

“Yah, are you going to answer or not?!” I jumped a little at Jung Jinyoung’s sudden yell, realizing that he was standing in front of my desk the whole time. “Zoning out much?" I just stared at him. "What, thinking about a hot guy or something?”

“Ugh! He’s not a hot guy! He !” My eyes widened on that note, my character of Hee Yeon being shattered right in front of me.

All because of that idiotic assassin; I can’t think straight.

 

Sandeul POV

Continuously sighing, I stretched my arms across my desk, wondering what I should do. I want to see her, especially after last night…

I want to tell her how I feel, but I know I have to do it in a way that she would actually understand; she thinks everything must be about work…

She’s so stupid in that way…but I still fell for her somehow…

I met her once when I was a teen. That one time she just struck my heart and every time I heard about her afterwards got to me too.

She sounded so cool… So much tougher than the rest of the assassins, who were usually male.

I never thought she would be so cold on the outside though.

And I most definitely never thought I would ever fall for her.

 

My phone rang, my eyes just blinking a bit when I answered to Gongchan, that past assassin and friend of hers. “Hey, Sandeul, did you meet her yet? I told her to be friends with you! See~ I support your love haha.”

“Oh, Gongchan-shi…” I’m not very close with Gongchan yet he seems to like me a lot… “Um, I saw her last night. She looked terrified of me…”

“What? Her? Scared? Yeah right.” He didn’t believe me… I wouldn’t believe it either, knowing her personality.

She is fearless. Nothing scares her. …Except me somehow… I don’t understand how I am a scary thing to her though…

I really want to see her soon.

 

Jinyoung POV

Tch. This ugly Hee Yeon is even thinking about men?! Lena looks like she knew lots of guys too… How upsetting that even this ugly little thing has guys to be with.

I haven’t heard her this energetic before though.

Work finished soon, me and Hee Yeon getting to the subway together as usual. I really hope that creepy pedo isn’t around to try and touch Hee Yeon again.

It’s hard to just sit and watch that happen in front of you! Maybe I’m just too nice and want to help those people…

I sat and she stood as always, my eyes focusing on the same man each evening.

This guy never stops… I sighed, realizing that there was one free seat next to me.

My arm naturally pulled Hee Yeon’s hand, plopping her into that seat when the man took a few steps towards her. “Sit with me today.”

She didn’t meet my eyes like normal, but I felt her touch on my fingers. “Jinyoung-ah… Do you really get mad at that guy…?” She whispered so quietly.

I glanced at the man, meeting his weak glare. I narrowed my eyes back at him, holding Hee Yeon’s hand tight. “That’s right. Don’t stand near him anymore.” I don’t even understand why I was upset, but I hate having to see this. The fact that this ugly thing doesn’t mind getting touched and that she is right in front of me. I can’t let things like this go by no matter who it is.

It's just disgusting to me.

 

Hee Yeon POV

Jung Jinyoung wouldn’t let go of my hand… It was starting to hurt my skin a bit…

We walked home, his hand still on mine… He wasn’t even saying a thing the whole way back, his eyes straight forward and a little powering.

“You okay, Jinyoung-ah…?” I had to punch his arm until he came back to reality.

“Oh, sorry.” He let go casually, scratching his head. “I just hate those kinds of guys that force things on girls.”

He didn’t say anything else and quietly went into his apartment.

I feel like there is more to Jung Jinyoung than what I thought. He seems like a good man.

 

Sandeul POV

“But she totally hates me…” I don’t even get why Gongchan calls me every single day to ask about me and her! It’s not like I see her too often…

“But hate can turn into love easily! Plus, I think she’s soft for you. She talks casually with you too, right?”

“Yeah, but—”

“But nothing. She’ll come onto you if you do the right things. Also, just look more attractive to her.” What…?

“Does she have a certain type of look she likes…?” I feel like she would never show any attraction even if she saw someone as a gorgeous being. She herself is so beautiful that no one can compare in my brain… Ah. I feel so sappy when I think about her lately haha. Maybe others wouldn’t call her amazing in the looks department, but mind sees her like that.

What the hell am I saying, she's a gorgeous woman!

 

After our phone conversation, I was a bit tired of watching over my target. Beginning to walk away, I caught eye of that guy from the other day. Name escapes me… Jin? Whatever, she was targeting him, right?! Maybe if I follow him a little, I can meet her again!

I watched over him a while, scoffing a little when I saw how many girls he met on his merry way. As I approached an apartment complex, the sky continued to turn dark and black. I’ll assume he’s home and done for the day.

I turned around, my eyes lowering in seriousness.

There’s someone here.

I scanned the location, knowing the feeling I was getting. “Where are you? Come out; I won’t bite.”

“Why are you here?” She asked me, stepping into the dimness of a street light. She’s dressed in all black again; a trademark of hers. One that attracts my eyes to her white skin.

“Just walking.” I replied.

“You’ve been eyeing my target.” She answered back quickly and fiercely. “Stay away from him and myself.” I raised an eyebrow at that sentence.

“I understand keeping distance from your target, but why you?” I stepped closer to her in slow steps.

“I don’t want you to be interfering with my missions. You are just a bother.” I let out a tiny scoff.

“Are you sure it’s not because you are afraid of me?” I was only two steps away from her now, taking another step. “You seemed rather petrified the last time we met.” I kept a small smirk on my face, noticing her take a miniscule step backwards.

“I was merely trying to escape the situation and get back to my target.” I grabbed her shoulders.

“We both know you are a liar. Why don’t tell the truth today, Amsalja?” Her eyes looked cold on the outside, but if you peered at her pupils, anyone could see that she was getting scared again.

“What truth do you speak of so stupidly?” I smiled, letting her words go through my mind properly.

“Amsalja… You can drop that sophisticated air you are putting on and just talk with me.”

“Stop calling me by that… It’s not even my real name…” I smiled a bit wider unconsciously.

“I know that out of all the codenames and disguises you’ve worn, it really is your original name.” Her shoulders buckled slightly under my hands that were on them. “You were born to be an assassin, that’s why your name is Amsalja.”

“It’s sheer coincidence.” I laughed a little, keeping my hands on her shoulders.

“I’m not so sure about that. Amsalja literally means assassin in our language. It sounds good on you though haha.” She didn’t look as scared now…but my eyes widened just a bit. She seems almost embarrassed or…shy. “You…should probably go to your home now. Your target went back too.” She nodded her head, stepping backwards so that my hands left her shoulders.

“Night, Sandeul-shi.” She said with her eyes looking down. Starting to walk away, I grabbed her arm, making her freeze.

“It’s just Sandeul to you.”

.

“So, how’d it go?!” Gongchan keeps calling me so much every day! I suppose it’s okay since he’s Amsalja’s friend.

“I think it went well today. I think she was actually getting shy from me.”

“SHY?! What?! She would never!” He was in disbelief.

“Really! She wasn’t even meeting my eyes at the end!” I told him all about what happened.

“Wah… You should seriously go for this, man! She’s never acted like that with any other person before for all I know!”

“Um…does she have anything that you know she likes? Like…just anything in general…”

“Uh, I’ll guess that she likes black haha.”

“But that’s just what she always wears, since she’s so into her job…”

“Maybe she would like you better if you wore all black. It could show her how seriously you take your job!” Hm… She is always commenting about how I’m unprofessional. Maybe it could really work!

 

Jinyoung POV

I yawned, walking to work with Hee Yeon today. I feel like I don’t see her around as much lately? Weird… It’s not like I miss the little thing haha. Okay, maybe a little.

“And you busy tonight, Jinyoung-ah? I want to have a party,” I was kind of shocked by what Hee Yeon asked me.

You? A party? What?! Yeah right! I seriously laughed out loud! I soon cleared my throat, collecting my self, “Oh, a party? With who?” I questioned, accidentally letting another laugh slip.

She pouted, facing me, “Me, you, Minhee, a few other friends?” I laughed a bit.

“I might swing by,” I said it with a smile, but she didn’t look happy, just sort of looking down with her pout. “Haha, I’ll come.” She smiled just a bit, keeping her eyes down, and this made me realize how cute Hee Yeon has been around me lately.

She wasn’t always like that, was she? I swear, she was all cold and quiet on me before. Right? Right?!

 

Sandeul POV

“Hello?” I picked up my cellphone tiredly when it rang, not really recognizing the number.

“Sandeul-shi? It’s…Amsalja,” I sat up immediately, almost falling out of my chair. Why’s she calling me?! “Um…I sort of need a favor.”

Yes, anything for you, is what I almost said, but I slapped my cheek before it came out, “Uh, yeah, what’s up?”

She hesitated before answering back, “Just need you to come over and be there. I’m having a party tonight for the purpose of luring Jung Jinyoung and need random friends, especially men, to be there.”

That was it…? “Oh…” Maybe I can use this to my advantage. “Okay, I’ll be there. Time and place?” She told me and I hung up, agreeing to come.

I’ll definitely use the opportunity I’ve gotten tonight. And I’ll make sure to wear all black too!

 

Hee Yeon POV

I sighed, truly hating parties and hating the fact that I was the host even more. All I know is that I have to pull off dressing as both Hee Yeon and Lena tonight in front of Jung Jinyoung.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm so horrible with timely updates... OTL I'm sorry... On the plus side, it's really fun to write Jinyoung's and Sandeul's thoughts down! :D They are such fun characters! XD Hee Yeon/Lena/Amsalja (so many names *dizzy*) is fun to write for too haha.

I'll work harder on writing a quicker update this time for sure! Thanks for reading! ^^

Oh! And if you're one of those readers who comments, but doesn't subscribe, I would hope you do, just because wouldn't it be easier to read if you knew when I updated? I mean, don't sub if you don't really feel like it, but I just thought it'd be easier for you that way (Like, seriously, there are no ulterior motives for this statement).