Wedding Dress

Memories of You

Lizzy’s POV

I parked my car next to the sidewalk and I decided to have a little walk. The memories that we had, the happy memories that we’d shared were coming back. I smiled to myself.

This is the place where she always dragged me in the morning where we always spend our time together.

 

 

Flashback

I was sleeping peacefully when all of a sudden a hand tapped my shoulder. I got annoyed because someone was trying to ruin my beautiful sleep. My big problem is that I am a light sleeper by just little sound it would wake me up immediately. I turned my back to that person and I pulled my blanket over to my head.

“Sooyoung, wakey wakey?”

“It’s still early let me have some more sleep.” I heard her sighing and when I thought she wasn’t there anymore. I went back to sleep when I was about to enter the dream land someone tickled me out of the blue.

“AaaaaaaaaaaH, Hahaha, st-ttop stop it! Okay I’ll get u-p now!” We both fell on the floor with her hands around my waist. I couldn’t believe I had the power to melt the ice within this human doll. She was smiling from ear to ear. She was known as the Ice Princess when we were in junior high until we’d started attending college. She still holds that cold exterior and most of the people who don’t know her think that she’s unapproachable. She was my childhood friend and she was living with me. She chose to move out with me when we started college. She thought that living with her parents sometimes was giving her too much pressure.

“Do I have to do that every morning?” She gave me a quick peck on the lips as she stood and she stretched out her arm offering me a lift.

“No thanks,” I pulled myself up as I shot her one of my deathly glare. “Jin, aren’t you tired? We’ve been working our off for this past week. Now that we have days off why don’t we use it wisely? Something like rest or sleep.” I answered her back with an irritated tone. I sat on the bed while she was pouting so cutely. My anger was fading already whenever she was showing me her aegyo’s.

“Sooyoung ah, you know it is bad for you if you only stay in here for the whole day. Get some fresh air will you? You can rest after I wanna go to the park right now and stop staring at me like that. As if you’re gonna kill me with that glare.” I only sighed. She seated herself beside me and she wrapped her arms around mine. Then she placed her chin on my shoulder blade.

“Okay, if you’re gonna leave me after our little walk at the park and stop doing those aegyo’s of yours they aren’t counted as one.”  I know even if I said that. She wouldn’t leave me but if this was the only way to make her smile or happy. I would do anything for her.

“Thanks, Sooyoung you’re the best person I’ve ever met.” Our lips connected briefly and she dashes off to the bathroom swiftly.

That morning, the two of us were walking at the park hand in hand while we were enjoying each other’s presence.

“Sooyoung, I hope this isn’t gonna end.” She pulled me towards to an empty bench and that statement of hers. Suddenly gave me some weird feelings but I only weakly smiled as I kissed her on the cheeks.

“I will hold onto you forever.”

End of Flashback

 

 

I ended up standing in front of the fountain. People don’t come here so often because it is far. Park is one of her favourite places to go. Although this fountain was one of her favourite spot I stood in front of the fountain and I lowered my head slightly. I could see my reflection in the water fountain. How I missed her so badly. Tears were threatening to fall but I managed to stop it. I don’t want people giving me stares and I don’t like attention. She really liked sitting on the edge of the fountain taking selcas by herself and sometimes I was joining her. Jin loves this place because it is quite, far from the city’s noisy atmosphere, polluted environment, and the scenery is breath taking. Some couples were spending their time on that place that morning. While me I envy them for having someone on their side, their love ones. I’m all alone now.

I think this will be my last visiting at this park. I decided to go back to my car to visit my next destination. I never noticed the time flew so quickly. I spent my early morning for almost two to three hours by only staying there reminiscing some good old times. I was reminiscing our old days at this park, especially with her. You can say I’m crazy and I’m already crazy about her when I’ve realized that I have feelings for her. I went to the bar where we usually hang out at night with our friends. I opened the door and I saw Uee unnie was serving some drinks out to a customer.

“Lizzy,” She waved at me cheerfully.

“How’s it going?” I sat on an empty seat and asked the drink that she really likes. She isn’t much of a drinker. Whenever Jin and I visit this place she will ask for an apple juice.

“Not much, you rarely come like this early.” She grabbed the glass at the back and she served the apple juice to me. I held the glass on both hands.

“It isn’t early unnie I just wanted some time to think.” I forced to smile but I failed. I felt that I couldn’t smile anymore now that she’s far from my reach.

“Lizzy, I know what you are going through. Are you okay with that? You know the event is tomorrow right?”

“Yeah, I can’t simply ditch it and disappear without her knowing. I don’t want her to get mad at me by not attending her special day. Especially I was the only person she asked me to play that song tomorrow.” I was only looking at the clear liquid without even looking at unnie.

“If I was in your situation. I have no idea what am I going to do? I’m sorry I can only give you some advice. Be strong, Lizzy.”

“Thanks unnie,” Some other of my friends came. Only to try to cheer me up I spent almost my whole day at the bar. I’m really thankful my friends helped me to forget her even only a few hours. Remembering our college days and how lazy were we back in the days but we passed it. Then we graduated. After of hours of chatting with my friends I said goodbye's to them and walked out in the bar.  

 

 

We usually go to this place, she always asked me to take her here in the late afternoon when we weren’t gonna be busy on the next day.

I walked towards the wooden chair with a piano in front of it. I sat slowly as I looked at the sheets in front of me. The feelings that I managed to keep for so long suddenly evaporated from my chest. I held the sheets on both sides as I lowered my head with the feeling of anger, sadness, and emptiness.

 

 

Flashback

“Sooyoung, can I make a request?” I sat on the chair and I let her sit next to me.

“What is it?”

“I really like this song and it is entitled river flows in me. The melody is really soothing in the ears.”

“Sure, if my angel wants it.” I the first note I was happy in the whole song and she was hugging me tightly while she was listening to the song she requested.

“That was beautiful I wish I could play like you.”

“I can teach you if you want to?”

“Really?”

“Of course, Jin Jin wants to learn from genius Lizzy Park!” I kissed her on the lips and she slapped my arm.

“Yah! I said just call my name once.”

“Ok, Jin Jin.” After that she tried to tickled me but I ended up wrapping my hands around her wrists.

“Although I’m taller than you but you’re stronger for a girl.”

“Of course I was born to protect, Jin Ah.”

End of flashback.

 

 

“Why did I accept it? I could’ve said no but it was her. I just can’t say no to her.” I felt some wet substance that was streaming down on my cheeks. Then I saw some water dripping on the lid. I was crying and I used the sleeve of my shirt to wipe off those tears. I felt I was a little kid crying as if someone took my lolli. But I couldn’t hide it anymore. It hurts. I couldn’t help but cry. I couldn’t stop this sadness inside of me. It was late in the afternoon when I arrived at the music studio. I left my friends at the bar I just couldn’t stand smiling in front of them while inside it was the opposite I was suffering, suffering because I was stupid if I had done that much earlier. I am sure that I would be the luckiest person in this world if I asked those few words that I wanted to ask in a quiet while now. I was late really really late. I opened the lid and I started to play the song that I should never play for that special day. I wanted to hear this song if I was the one waiting for her while she was walking down the aisle. It’s been a year when we broke up. She thought our relationship wasn’t really working anymore. I let her go and decided to cool off, but were still friends after that. Since our break up she decided to stay at her parents’ house instead and I was left alone at my own house. But surprisingly we still go out every morning. Her house wasn’t that far from mine though. Then one day, she met this friend of mine, Lee Joon. He was my friend when we were in high school. Jin and I attended different high school at that time. Although we attended different schools we still hang out.

 

 

Flashback

I was on my way to my music class that day when I was about to enter the room. A pair of hands blocked my sight.

“Yah! Who’s this?”

“Guess who it is?” By the sound of his voice I elbowed his side and he winced in pain.

“God! Lizzy you’re strong for a girl. I wonder where did you get that strength?” I turned around and I smirked at him.

“Yah! Joon I would never forget that voice of yours. When did you transfer at Kyung Hee?”

“Wanna go now? Our class is about to start look.” We sat at the farthest back and he began his story telling.

“Well, last week but damn they gave me those classes that I shouldn’t be attending last week. I just got my new timetable today.” Our professor began to teach his new lesson that day. I noticed that Jin was late for about twenty minutes now. I texted her but she wasn’t answering. I was worried when suddenly a blonde walked into the room. She apologized to our professor for being late and she walked towards our direction as she sat beside me.

“Jin why are you late?”

“Sorry Sooyoung, there was a traffic in downtown.” Joon was giving me a nudged and I gave him a what do you want look.

“Who’s that pretty friend of yours? Mind to introduce her to me?”

“Later okay,” But he only ignored me and continued introducing himself to her.

 

 

Since she met my friend every morning Jin and I would go to the park. I could feel that she was getting further and further from me every day. Although we still hang out there’s something wrong, but I can’t tell what it is. I wanted her back. I really miss her so badly. I really wanted to ask her those words. Everything is ready and the only thing left is. That one question but I was afraid of what might her answer be. We were walking hand in hand at the park and we went at the fountain. It was like we were still together but we weren’t anymore.

“Jin, I want to ask something.” But Joon came out of no where as he covered her eyes using his hands. Joon mouthed just be quiet I only nodded. I don’t like this I think I’m getting jealous of Joon.

“Sooyoung ah, who’s this?” Jin let go of my hand and she touched the hands of Joon and was trying to recognize whose hands it was.

“Joon oppa!” She said.

“Good guess!” Then Jin hugged him first. I felt someone shoot me an arrow in my chest. But I never showed them that I was hurt.

“Sooyoung, what do you want to ask?”

“Oh, I forgot I’d tell you when I remember it.” I showed them my fakest smile ever.

End of Flashback

 

 

I decided to play the song that she requested that day. I was really happy while I was playing the song. I kept remembering our memories in this music studio.

 

 

Flashback

I was waiting at the music studio checking the time at the wall. It says four in the afternoon.

Where is she? I’ve called her but her phone is off? Then I heard the door opened I smiled but when I saw who’s with her. My smile faded.

“Sorry Sooyoung, my car broke down while on my way here. Then Joon oppa saw me and gave me a ride here.”

“Hey Liz, I’ve never thought the two of you hang out in this place.”

“My appa owns this I’m only borrowing it until he decides to sell it.”

“But you’ve got a nice music studio.”

“Ah, thanks. By the way, I was calling you but you weren’t answering.” I turned my attention to Jin and she answered me so quickly.

“Sorry again Sooyoung, I forgot my phone at home.”

End of Flashback

 

 

“I should get back now.” I closed the lid and headed out of the building. It was dark when I went outside.

It is tomorrow..I grabbed the ring out in my pocket and held it high up in the air. Trying to align it up in the moon up in the sky.

It is useless.

As soon as I got home I threw my body on my bed. Looking at the ceiling feeling the tiredness of my body. I finally decided to sleep to be ready for the special event tomorrow.

 

 

I woke up late in the morning, since the event was going to start at lunch. I have to face it or else I would be the biggest coward in this world. I went to the bathroom just only to take my late morning shower. I spent maybe ten to fifteen minutes under the water. I quickly dried my hair, wore my best white dress, and did my make-up. I stood in front of the mirror and I was looking at my reflection. I checked over my bags at the end of my bed.

It is all set.

“I guess this is it.” Since the church isn’t that far from my house I only walked for about ten minutes. I saw my friends in front of the church. Then they greeted me.

“Lizzy, you look beautiful,” Eyoung said.

“Thank you E-youngie you’re beautiful also.” I smiled at her.

“Are you ready? It is going to start in a little bit.” Jooyeon unni said.

“I’m ready you know I’m always ready about everything.” We laughed. “Well, I gotta meet her now, see you guys. I’ll see you inside.” Then I dashed off in the church. I went at the back of the church and I saw her in her wedding dress. ``

She’s really beautiful, she’s truly an angel. She looks happy while her mother and some of her friends were chatting with her. I didn’t want to interrupt them when she suddenly saw me.

“Sooyoung,” She called out my name. She’s the only one who calls me Sooyoung out of my whole friends. “Omma, I’ll be back.”

“Ok dear, the wedding is gonna start in a few minutes.” She was now standing before me with a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

“You look beautiful Jin.” I was giving her my best smile.

“Thanks, you too Sooyoung. I’m glad you made it. I thought you weren’t gonna come.”

“Of course, I will come and besides this is-” Then Joon approached us. Then he gave me a little pat on my shoulder. My signature smile was fading away as soon as Joon came in the picture.

“Lizzy, our pianist is here!” He gave me a hug and I hugged him back. “Thanks for coming for our special day.” I broke the hug immediately I felt like I would break down in any minute. I tried to be strong in front of them as possible and she was looking at me somehow different.

Although I’ve known you for years I can’t tell what is in your mind right now? What are you thinking Jin? Give me some signs, Jin. 

 

 

Flashback

I finally decided to ask her. It might look like a little bit rash but this is now or never. I arrived at the bar with out of breath. I saw her talking maybe to her friend? I haven’t seen her before.

“Jin,” I grabbed her wrist and I could feel she was shooting me knives already.

“Sooyoung, you can tell me now. We don’t need to get that far.” I only stayed silent. I took her at the back of the bar where you can find the office of the bartender. She leaned her back onto the wall with an unamused look. I was searching for the ring in my pocket but I couldn’t find it.

“Sooyoung, if you’re not gonna say anything I’m going back.”

“Jin wa-” Joon came looking for Jin at that time. I could see her smiling.

Damn it! Where’s that ring?!

“Hi Lizzy.” I only smiled then Joon took her right hand. He grabbed something inside his pocket. I wasn’t expecting it to be an engagement ring. He slowly put the ring on her ring finger and she was shock at Joon's confession. I looked at them with a sorrowful eyes and I only stood there with an aching heart.

“Nana, will you marry me?”

“Of course Joon!” Within that said she hug Joon while tearing up.

End of Flashback.

 

 

Since he proposed to you. You rarely hang out with me I understand that. I can’t stop you on that.

“Joon and Nana get ready, the priest is here.” Her mom shouted.

“Lizzy we’ll see you there.”

“Yeh,”

I sat in front of the piano and I started playing the wedding song. There she goes walking along with her father. She looks happy while me I’m still loving you even though you’re going to get married with Joon. She finally met Joon at the altar then she turned her attention to me. She was smiling I tried to smile but I couldn’t I went back looking at the piano keys. I didn’t know what was her reaction. I don’t want to look at her especially right in front of my eyes. She’s going to get married to Joon not me. The priest started the wedding vows. I wasn’t listening anymore I just kept silent on my seat. Finally the last question of the priest finally was asked.

“Joon, wilt thou have this Woman to thy wedded wife, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love her, comfort her, honour, and keep her in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto her, so long as ye both shall live?”

“I will,”

“Jin Ah, wilt thou have this Man to thy wedded husband, to live together after God's ordinance in the holy estate of Matrimony? Wilt thou love him, comfort him, honour, and keep him in sickness and in health; and, forsaking all others, keep thee only unto him, so long as ye both shall live?” The priest asked. She looked to my direction and she put a weak smile on her beautiful lips. Jin took her a while before she finally answered.

“I will,” My heart sank after hearing her answer.

“I finally pronounce you man and wife.”

End of POV

 

No one’s POV

The wedding finally ended. Nana left her husband and went at the back of the church and was hoping to see Lizzy. She didn’t find her presence when one of Lizzy’s friends approached her.

“You’re looking for Lizzy?” Nana turned her head to find Uee while holding a little white envelope in her hand.

“Yes, unnie do you know where she went?” Uee shook her head.

“Lizzy, left me this envelope before she left after the wedding.” She gave it to the blonde and she congratulates the newly wedded blonde.

“Sooyoung…” She opened it carefully and she took out a letter inside it. A ring suddenly fell on the ground. She grabbed and was surprised to see an engagement ring. She picked it up and read the letter.

Jin Ah,

                When you start reading this letter I’m probably gone. I congratulate you Ms. Lee I’m glad we’re still friends after what we’ve gone through. I know it’s been a year when you’ve decided to break up with me. I should’ve considered your concerns when I still have you. I’m sorry for all the pain I’ve caused you. I hope Joon will love you the way I’ve loved you back in the day. I hope he would take care of you the way I did. Do you still remember when I suddenly drag you away from your friend? I know you don’t love me anymore at that time but I tried my luck if I could bring you back by asking you, Jin will you marry me? I guessed my luck ran out and I couldn’t find the ring in my pocket. Then Joon came then he asked you those words that I wanted to ask for such a long time. I love you Jin. Keep this ring as a way of remembering our friendship. I’m going overseas to pursue my dream as an artist. Goodbye Jin.

After Nana read the letter, tears began to stroll down on her cheeks. She ran back to the church only find a sea of visitors.

“Nana, why are you crying?” Joon asked worriedly.

“Where’s your car?”

“Why?”

“Tell me where’s it?”

“I didn’t bring it.” She quickly left the church hoping to find Lizzy at her house. “Nana!” Joon shouted but when he was about to follow her. Visitors started to congratulate him one by one. Nana ran while some other locals were looking at her with an amused expression on their faces. She didn’t care the looks she was receiving until she reached the house of Lizzy.

“Sooyoung opened the door.” But she didn’t receive any answers inside the house.

“Excuse me, is that you Nana?” She heard that familiar voice who called out her name.

“Jungah ssi?” She quickly brushed those tears on her face. Jungah was their neighborhood before.

“I saw Lizzy a while ago with bags in her hand. She looks very sad I’ve asked her where is she going but she never told me where. Nana, she loves you. She always asks me some advice before. Probably she’s trying to move on. Just give her time and she will come back.” Nana was so speechless instead she broke down crying in front of Jungah.


I know this isn't the best ending.

Thanks for subscribing lol!

And I didn't proofread it

And there would be a bunch of errors out therexD

Geez, this is my longest I've written in my whole life.

Aww..the letter of Lizzy must :'(

If something made you confused feel free to ask.

I will fix em up when I get home.

Well, this is just a one shot anyway, caio!